Page 136 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 2769

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2019-20: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Acy seems to be close to Barcelona, the coach is reported to be interested in signing him.
    waiting for official new

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Acy seems to be close to Barcelona, the coach is reported to be interested in signing him.
    the coach ,yes the most "painty" coach of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    I would prefer to take 3 point shots - Scotty, Tyler, Elijah, Zoos, over any PF in.the market. Yes, 3 point shooting is a plus, but when you put it as main requirement, it's insanity.
    not exactly
    well first of all, having 3pointer in your backcourt is obviuosly a must. having a shooter pf is really a great upgrade for any team.
    3point shooting is not the lonely skill i ask for a pf. a pf must me phisically strong, must have all "painty" skills requested to a big man, but simply id choose a pf among the ones who also are good shooter, while all of u consider enough the phisical "painty" attitudes

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    not exactly
    well first of all, having 3pointer in your backcourt is obviuosly a must. having a shooter pf is really a great upgrade for any team.
    3point shooting is not the lonely skill i ask for a pf. a pf must me phisically strong, must have all "painty" skills requested to a big man, but simply id choose a pf among the ones who also are good shooter, while all of u consider enough the phisical "painty" attitudes
    Generalising again, and again and again...LOL
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Raznatovic has spoken of how many good players are still unsigned and that Anthony Gill is waiting on the NBA, against his advice:

BeoBasket CEO Misko Raznatovic, one of the most prominent agents in European basketball, spoke with SDNA about the evolution of the market during the pandemic.

“On the highest level, I mean Euroleague, things did not develop bad, but on the middle and especially lower level the situation is dramatic. I have never seen so many good players without a contract and with no big chances to get it. The situation could get even worse, if the NBA announces that the G League will not be played or will not start before winter 2021”.

Raznatovic revealed that Anthony Gill, one of his clients, has not considered offers from Europe, because he hopes to get a contract in NBA.

“I was against it, but I always respect the wishes of the players
    (SDNA via Sportando)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Raznatovic has spoken of how many good players are still unsigned and that Anthony Gill is waiting on the NBA, against his advice:

(SDNA via Sportando)
    gill is not nba stuff, but would be crucial in any eu teams. guess he will soon learn and sign with an eu team

In absence of idiots in our management Gill would be already our player. From season to season we enter with just one pf. Last season was different because we didn't have even that single guy who could play on that position.

This season is better just because pf is Barthel, normal player, unlike clown Williams. But still I think we need one more player in frontcourt.

being sure gill will sign with an euro team soon, the one who will bring him, will have a big improvement. the fact he is waiting for nba, it mean he is our of reality. he cant play pf in nba and he is not a sf.
    in europe he is a factor.
    every team has scorer g, one of two great shooter, one good c. the big difference in europe is having a shooter pf .

Chicken Fener face showed again with withdrawal from tournament. I don't know how our management imagines preparations for season without games.

Talking about games.. We saw that without De Colo only decent players are Vesely and Brown. We lost against mediocre Karşıyaka which is shame as itself for the team that tends to fight for more then episode role in EL.

Ulanovas showed that he will not be any factor in this team and he isn't capable for more then role player. I am afraid that he already shows some ball hog ambitions because he took some shoots from strange positions incompatible with his shooting quality. He is one of the worst shooters in EL. I think he should stick to glue guy definition and forget on shooting until retirement.

I am worried about Biberovic because it seems that Kokoskov doesn't count on him as regular player which is big shame for us. But, maybe it's on Biberovic because looks like he doesn't use opportunity and he didn't work enough to deserve more then a couple minutes.

Watched the prep games in Kaunas yesterday and today. My conclusions are... :

Zalgiris: quite limited team which will be dependent of Walkups creativity. The team worked well. Roles and duties are clear. The legacy of Saras is still there but the good hand for Center who is gonna make the next step wont be there with Joff. I really dont know how this guy managed to land in the NBA. This team will choke a lot.

Just Jokubaitis looked promising. He surely lost weight. Handling as well as driving to the rim looked solid. He improved a lot in terms of creation for himself. He wont be a factor this season though.

PAO: very difficult team to handle. I can hardly see this roster working together. Jackson is a good guy in terms of self creation but he cant let the team play. Foster also a one dimensional shooter that brings not much more. The only guys who could feed the bigs are Nedovic and Bochoridis who has an interesting skill set and he is strong, really strong.

Papagiannis weaknesses will be seen even more after Calathes especially defensively. He looks a bit more nimble but didnt make any progress in terms of his defensive attitude. White is another problem. Doesnt have a reliable shot, hasnt one sharp ability to contribute for a EL team, a liability on D.

I see Nedovic, Jackson and Foster shooting many emergency shots. Mitoglu is a great rebounder and a solid defender but thats all. White, Zach Auguste as well as Papagiannis are not the type of bigs who can create for themselves

Toruko, did you see any of the Alba vs Milano game?

Sale Obradovic is doing Sale Obradovic things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Omc...ture=emb_title

I expect marvellous defense of zvezda. Maybe the nearest to the defense since Radonjic unfortunately left.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Toruko, did you see any of the Alba vs Milano game?
    Not much. Game was very lame. Alba is a strong candidate for the last spot and Milano defended surprisingly well but they always start great and drop after 10 weeks.

Ok, watched Oly vs Asvel...

First of all Oly built a very weird team with very questionable chemistry. There is practically nobody who can give the ball a direction except Sloukas and Spanoulis. There is also no way to put the guys at the same time on the court because of athleticism and defense issues. Sloukas as well as Spanoulis dominate the ball whole the time. Idk how they can use an on ball Scorer like Harrison with them. Harrison doesnt know how to play off the ball.

What really made me smile is that Bartzokas uses Papanikolaou as a pick and roll initiator. Another problem with Mckissic... Mckissic is mostly effective in transition games and he is in a tunnel when he grabs the ball but Sloukas and Spanoulis like slowing down the game and play mostly set games. I really dont know how they intend to create space with this shooting potential. It was the first game of Oly and the team doesnt look like a bit prepared and this two weeks before the league starts. Its the worst team that I watched so far...

Asvel played an amusing game despite having a play making problem. Most impressive was Yabusele in finding the open man. I think we will see this guy in a bigger team next season.

Asvel was very solid, not flashy and it helped that their shots were falling in but I can definitely see them in the playoff race. Good spacing, nice sharing of the ball, everyone seemed to understand well the defensive schemes which in turn suit the players.

On our part, I thought we were extremely eager to trap/give help on defense which led to many last-second open shots for asvel. I think that was more of a testing of the waters rather than our one and only plan but we'll see.
    Offensively, again almost every offence was pretty similar which again makes me think that the point was to test and improve our pnr with Ellis and Hassan (which should be a big part of the offence going forward).
    Not only didn't Harrison create for himself, we also didn't have any post-ups for Printezis. Obviously both should have a big role in offence too.

The absence of a shooter like Lojeski is the main thing I'm worried about.

Zvezda sign Emanuel Terry.

I was following him before Zvezda. He will have good euroleague career imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post

He played in my team Bandirma last season. Extraordinarily athletic but cant do much except dunking the ball with alley hoop passes. The main problem is his size. I am not sure if he is playable on the defensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post

I'm pretty satisfied with this transfer, too. Market didn't offer much after fail of Nnoko transfer. Hustle mentality is there and for everything else he has a great coach to develop.

After just a few preparation games it can be said that we have improvement in three positions comparing to last season.

Brown fits more to Fener(and De Colo) then Sloukas, Barthel much better then Williams and center position is much stronger with Hamilton over Thomas.

On SF position we could have problems, but it's expected after Ulanovas signing. I am surprised with his defensive effort. He is late in every switch and pick and roll situations.

My conclusion, Brown, De Colo, Barthel, Vesely are good players and we could fight for Top8. Considering we were on same(or lower) level last season with much bigger budget it could be good sign.

I had serious question marks about Fenerbahces chemistry but the last two TUBAD games convinced me and I again count Fener as a safe playoff team. What a great defense they play. Great individual defense, great team defense, hungry. Good rim protection with Hamilton also Vesely Hamilton combination seems to work. What an upgrade Lorenzo Brown is comparing to Sloukas, especially defensively. The passing abilities of Barthel, Brown, De Colo and even Vesely opened up a grade of versatility that was never seen last season.

The team flows and plays speedy basketball. Really really fun to watch. Still not very convinced offensively though. Especially when lorenzo is off the court. This guy keeps the team working.

Page 136 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 ... LastLast