This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
    Well it is not really his fault or his team. It's the injury history. He keeps missing games every single year and no team with high ambitions can really rely on a guy like that. He either gets limited minutes to prevent injuries, or he has to have a handcuff player to take over if he gets injured. It's really a pity, since Neda is a great guy, works hard and when he was healthy he was really doing the damage in the EL, progressing as both scorer and creator. He was borderline elite. He now has ways to climb to get back there. PAO might help, due to less pressure they have now and the offense might be different with Calathes gone, so he could get more of the ball.

I still think a year in Zvezda would've done better for him. He would get better confidence boost, team would be behind him 100% and force the ball to him.
    Thanks Coach. Hopefully he can stay healthy next season.

Comment

I would love to leave that experiment to some other team

There is a guy I like, who gives me Lou Williams and Mike James flashbacks a bit, and he is still under the radar. Would love to hear your opinion on Dallas Moore from Nanterre. Since you are Gators fan, you must've seen him rock at North Florida in NCAA
      Yeah I've seen Moore a few times! He is an incredibly well-rounded scorer, but he's definitely an undersized SG as a pro, and he doesn't have James' athleticism. Definitely an EL-caliber player but I'd see him as a microwave-scorer 6th-man and not a franchise cornerstone.

Comment

• Originally posted by yessuz View Post
        Best PG in the league coached by best coach in the league is "no ideas" ?
        I love Saras since golden age of Maccabi, but call him best coach in the league is a bit far fetched (almost on the same scale as giving Obama Nobel Prize for Piece..). He doesn't have much titles to talk about yet.
        Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

• Barthel is very underrated player.

Comment

• Mickey signs with Khimki.

Comment

• If we can sign him, our main pf will be signing of the season in euroleague by far. I know the name, u will hear in several days too.
              Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

• Originally posted by Obina View Post
                Barthel is very underrated player.
                Agree. Great player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obina View Post
                  Barthel is very underrated player.
                  Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                  Agree. Great player.
                  In which areas? Genuinely curious. I know that sometimes things a player does are not very visible, like Melli elevating all of our defense. Do you mean like this? Because individual talents of Barthel aren't very "shiny"
                  Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                  Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                  Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                    In which areas? Genuinely curious. I know that sometimes things a player does are not very visible, like Melli elevating all of our defense. Do you mean like this? Because individual talents of Barthel aren't very "shiny"
                    Very versatile player. He is a PF, but in reality can also fill in as False 5 in small ball lineups. He is extremely high IQ player, that can shoot, pass, set screens, rebound, post moves, play face up and dribble. Everything. He has no apparent weakness in his game outside of defending the PnR. He is a jack of all trades, very similar to Melli in that sense, but in my opinion offensively more gifted, defensively less. He is not elite in any particular skill outside of his BB IQ and vision.

He is a guy that can play on any EL team, and he might not be flashy but will always be a net positive for the team. He is also deceptively athletic, even though he doesn't seem so.

Comment

• I am more worried about our SF signings then about Barthel. He will be ok but I can't understand what Kokoskov expect from Ulanovas for instance. One of the worst shooters among forwards. Worse then Kalinic. He was very bad on F4 in Belgrade. Lucky that we probably won't play F4 but he isn't player for big games for sure.

If we wanted such type of player then better solution was to keep Kalinic.

Giedraitis was perfect player for us. One of the best forwards in the competition.
                      Last edited by janketa; 07-10-2020, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iskoch View Post
                        If we can sign him, our main pf will be signing of the season in euroleague by far. I know the name, u will hear in several days too.
                        at least you can pm me

Comment

Close. He is not an elite creator, but he is a great penetrator and inside scorer, clutch player and he is a terrific defender. I think he could work.

You will need to add another shooter though then. It has to be a great shooter, because having only De Colo as an elite shooter in the positions PG-SG-SF is just a no-no for EL today. The other SG has to be a lights out shooter.
                          Sounds like Brown and Baron package can fill up the gaps....
                          Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
                          SG/PG: Walden
                          SG: Loyd
                          SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
                          SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
                          PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
                          PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
                          C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

Comment

• Originally posted by Gudura View Post
                            Sounds like Brown and Baron package can fill up the gaps....
                            2 x 1 mil buyout In our dreams

Comment

2 x 1 mil buyout In our dreams
                              I'm talking about Fener PG -SG rotation, for us they are closed case...
                              Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

Comment

• Coach, don't you think that signing of Janning would be a suicide for us? He is exactly what we don't need in a moment. Shooter, with bad defense and in huge decline last season. Solid EL name, far away from his prime, exactly the definition of player that Obradovic don't want to sign...and probably still not very cheap
                                Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

Comment

Working...
                                X