Page 133 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 2769

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2019-20: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

I'm not sure Zizc is underrated -- there's a reason Real was going after him.

He was a difference maker as a teenager for Dacka and he's huge for Maccabi. Playoffs minimum should be the expectation for them.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    I'm not sure Zizc is underrated -- there's a reason Real was going after him.

He was a difference maker as a teenager for Dacka and he's huge for Maccabi. Playoffs minimum should be the expectation for them.
    When he was uninjured he was fantastic. If he isn't and not ill as he was literally constantly last 2 years he'll be the discoverage of the year for a lot of folks here. I stay with it that he is the potentially best center in EL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Zizic was already very good 3 years ago with Dacka, being 19-20yo, when they made it to PO. I didn't follow him too much in NBA, but if he improved and he really will cost MTA 700-800k like rumors had it, then it's huge steal
    Would have been hard considering how little he played.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    But he doesn't shoot 3 pointers?
    Nope unfortunatly

"To be, or not to be, that is the question". Is that famous Hamlet speech or maybe wisdom of this famous Fener football fan Marco

You can't be Fener fan if you don't like football, so you can try but he is on the door and he gives tickets for nowhere Marco - Hellboy

I'm curious if Marco will recognize himself
    Last edited by janketa; 08-22-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    But he doesn't shoot 3 pointers?
    I literally laughed out loud to this

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Zizic was already very good 3 years ago with Dacka, being 19-20yo, when they made it to PO. I didn't follow him too much in NBA, but if he improved and he really will cost MTA 700-800k like rumors had it, then it's huge steal
    Exactly. Zizic might be rusty as he didn't play a lot but he is more than qualified in Europe, I can see him being as effective as Milutinov at least
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    "To be, or not to be, that is the question". Is that famous Hamlet speech or maybe wisdom of this famous Fener football fan Marco

You can't be Fener fan if you don't like football, so you can try but he is on the door and he gives tickets for nowhere Marco - Hellboy

I'm curious if Marco will recognize himself
    I don't want to get involved in your quarrel but if someone doesn't care about the football branch it is hard to consider that person as a Fener fan. It is the lifeline of Fener considering the economic and social realities of Turkey.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I don't want to get involved in your quarrel but if someone doesn't care about the football branch it is hard to consider that person as a Fener fan. It is the lifeline of Fener considering the economic and social realities of Turkey.
    So it's condition to like football to be accepted as Fener fun. OMG, Adolf I didn't recognized you just kidding
    BTW, you are not Marco, but seems you are his mentor, I didn't know this part of your character. I thougt such ideas ended with Nurnberg Trials

So it's condition to like football to be accepted as Fener fun. OMG, Adolf I didn't recognized you just kidding
    BTW, you are not Marco, but seems you are his mentor, I didn't know this part of your character. I thougt such ideas ended with Nurnberg Trials
    I didn't know either that being a football fan is required to become a bball fan of a club. Actually, that is one of the most ridiculous arguments I've read in this forum.
    Perhaps, that strange notion refers to Fener fans only (?)

I know you are joking, but don't you think that comparing sports fandom discussions to Nazi Germany is a bit tactless? Someone (not me) might get offended, and rightfully so

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    I didn't know either that being a football fan is required to become a bball fan of a club. Actually, that is one of the most ridiculous arguments I've read in this forum.
    Perhaps, that strange notion refers to Fener fans only (?)
    I am not requiring anything. I am explaining a natural phenomenon that is already there, based on my anecdotal experience, for those who haven't been to Turkey. Football is the extremely predominant sport here, 99.99% of all children's first sport is football. Then they venture to other sports, if they even do that. This carries on to adulthood and fandom - I am sure number of people who see football games of Fener is like 1000x the number of people who see basketball games of Fener, even with the recent success of the basketball team.

So that's why it is common to come across people who watch the football games and support the football team, but don't know who De Colo is. There are people who don't care about the basketball team, or even want it to be scaled down so that football branch has more money (dumb argument as you can't transfer funds like that). BUT, it is extremely uncommon to have vice versa: i.e. people supporting the basketball team but not knowing or caring about the football team. People either support and want the football team to be successful as well, or they are heartbroken and detached after the recent failures of the football team. I mean, number of people who describe themselves as Fener fans and not caring about the football team one way or another should be like 1000 people across the whole country (source: my ass, but it is supported by anecdotal evidence). So @janketa you are special
    Şampiyonluk gelince

I know you are joking, but don't you think that comparing sports fandom discussions to Nazi Germany is a bit tactless? Someone (not me) might get offended, and rightfully so

I am not requiring anything. I am explaining a natural phenomenon that is already there, based on my anecdotal experience, for those who haven't been to Turkey. Football is the extremely predominant sport here, 99.99% of all children's first sport is football. Then they venture to other sports, if they even do that. This carries on to adulthood and fandom - I am sure number of people who see football games of Fener is like 1000x the number of people who see basketball games of Fener, even with the recent success of the basketball team.

So that's why it is common to come across people who watch the football games and support the football team, but don't know who De Colo is. There are people who don't care about the basketball team, or even want it to be scaled down so that football branch has more money (dumb argument as you can't transfer funds like that). BUT, it is extremely uncommon to have vice versa: i.e. people supporting the basketball team but not knowing or caring about the football team. People either support and want the football team to be successful as well, or they are heartbroken and detached after the recent failures of the football team. I mean, number of people who describe themselves as Fener fans and not caring about the football team one way or another should be like 1000 people across the whole country (source: my ass, but it is supported by anecdotal evidence). So @janketa you are special
    So you wraped your starting ridiculous and conservative position with statistics from your ass. But even if there is only 1000 people who don't like football in whole country, they should be forbidden to be fans? What is next step, to wear armbands so you can recognize them on the street.
    Is that problem to be minority in some society for you and people like you? Do we all should like the same things, wear the same shirts, or eat the same food.

It's an interesting debate. But I don't get how someone could support the Fener football team but not at least casually favour their other sporting departments. Unless you actively disliked basketball or water polo or whatever. But even then, wouldnt they prefer Fener to win rather than Galatasaray, Bahcesehir or Hacettepe University?
    Last edited by Jazz; 08-23-2020 at 03:19 PM.

All turks fans are on euroleague club forum,i dont see them alot in NT competions forums i wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    All turks fans are on euroleague club forum,i dont see them alot in NT competions forums i wonder why
    Why are you wondering? I see hardly Lithuanians posting in Euroleague threads and I dont wonder a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    I'm sure that right now Toruko is preparing a big post on Turkey's performances at the 2009 Mediterranean games.

Fenerbahce lost another of its prospects. Sadettin Donat, a 2001 born center, signed to Galatasarays A-team. After Zach Hankins refused to come after having signed Galatasaray might have decided to go with a young guy which I would appreciate.

Emir Oflaz is another guy who got lifted to the a team from the youth team.

So you wraped your starting ridiculous and conservative position with statistics from your ass. But even if there is only 1000 people who don't like football in whole country, they should be forbidden to be fans? What is next step, to wear armbands so you can recognize them on the street.
    Is that problem to be minority in some society for you and people like you? Do we all should like the same things, wear the same shirts, or eat the same food.
    Yeah as I said it's all anecdotal. I also specifically said that it's a very strange thing to me, not that it's forbidden or banned or anything. Who is to decide what anyone does lol. For some reason you keep on with the crazy analogies like armbands and stuff.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    It's an interesting debate. But I don't get how someone could support the Fener football team but not at least casually favour their other sporting departments. Unless you actively disliked basketball or water polo or whatever. But even then, wouldnt they prefer Fener to win rather than Galatasaray, Bahcesehir or Hacettepe University?
    It's not that those people want other teams to beat us. There are 1) people who don't give a fuck about other sports 2) Think that Fener should only focus on football and either close or spend very little on other sports.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Yeah as I said it's all anecdotal. I also specifically said that it's a very strange thing to me, not that it's forbidden or banned or anything. Who is to decide what anyone does lol. For some reason you keep on with the crazy analogies like armbands and stuff.
    Speaking for myself, I was refering to this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    If you are not a Fenerbahçe football fan also then you are lying or you are not a Fenerbahçe fan. Fenerbahçe is a football club first, how can a person be a Fenerbahçe basketball fan only and doesn't care about the other Fenerbahçe branches? LOL.
    You just piled on that (with different wording, less absurd) and it was like you agree with it.
    Personaly, I don't know even one name of PAO's football team (literally!) I dislike boring football and I would like bball to be no1 sport in Greece as it should.

My analogies are very decent comparing what is written in this topic. Now you say it's not forbbiden but it's strange. Sure, it's realy strange to write on basketball forum about passion for basketball over football

It's not that those people want other teams to beat us. There are 1) people who don't give a fuck about other sports 2) Think that Fener should only focus on football and either close or spend very little on other sports.
    I am from 2nd group, just instead of football I would focus on basketball.

Page 133 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast