Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2019-20: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Quote Originally Posted by arelg View Post
    lol. Not going to happen. Some Israeli journalist woke up yesterday and said "what shit can I come up with to make news? I know. Amare to PAO".
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    How has he been playing recently? Has he been getting minutes?
    He cracked LegaA since he arrived!
    Amazing
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Aaron White and Milan part ways.

Looks like final 4 with Žalgiris is going to stay the highest achievement of White's career. It's a pity he left us after last season.

What happened to White in Milano? I don't remember him playing that much?

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    Sant- Roos is the type of player that glues a team. He does a bit of everything at a decent level. He's no Clyburn but there is no other Clyburn available now. He's a safe bet.
    Yeah, I love Sant-Roos. Was a huge part of that Darussafaka EC team and I was surprised he didn't get a big EL contract afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    Yeah, I love Sant-Roos. Was a huge part of that Darussafaka EC team and I was surprised he didn't get a big EL contract afterwards.
    Well 80% of this team was Wilbekin. He cant be a huge part of that team. He is a good stealer though. His contribution was remarkable.

What happened to White in Milano? I don't remember him playing that much?
    Luckily enough for AXM!

Messina treatment...
    ..Mack is next on the exitdoor

Edit Mack out official
    Last edited by radallo; 01-16-2020 at 06:54 PM.
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Rudy extended with Real Until 2022
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Another big move for the Greek League- Zisis leaving Badalona for AEK.

I wonder how long the greek teams intend to rely on old guys instead of giving some young prospect a real chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    I wonder how long the greek teams intend to rely on old guys instead of giving some young prospect a real chance.
    As long as they're productive? Btw your statement is completely false since GR clubs have always managed to produce EL level players in recent years.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    As long as they're productive? Btw your statement is completely false since GR clubs have always managed to produce EL level players in recent years.
    Papapetrou is accepted but Mitoglou and Papagiannis can hardly be counted as serious Euroleague players. I dont know anyone else in recent years unless you even count Koniaris as one.

If I look at AEK its said that even teams which compete in FIBA Champions League are full of foreigners or old greek players. Never saw Rokgavopoulos playing this season or Karampelas in the CL let alone Arsenopoulos who is wasting his time in A2 as 2000 born prospect. Kalaitzakis bros at least did something for their futures by going to lithuania. Just Promitheas seems to do some work to raise future prospects but i am just a foreigner. If you are satisfied i am too.

Koncak said a couple of months ago that Nestoras Kommatos is still playing!

Papapetrou is accepted but Mitoglou and Papagiannis can hardly be counted as serious Euroleague players. I dont know anyone else in recent years unless you even count Koniaris as one.

If I look at AEK its said that even teams which compete in FIBA Champions League are full of foreigners or old greek players. Never saw Rokgavopoulos playing this season or Karampelas in the CL let alone Arsenopoulos who is wasting his time in A2 as 2000 born prospect. Kalaitzakis bros at least did something for their futures by going to lithuania. Just Promitheas seems to do some work to raise future prospects but i am just a foreigner. If you are satisfied i am too.
    Not even gonna argue since the other day you called some guy who averaged like less than one minute this season, as a solid rotation player.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Koncak said a couple of months ago that Nestoras Kommatos is still playing!
    I think he plays for Larissa. He took the teams from Tier 4 to Tier 1 league in Greece, at age 42. Impressive

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    I think he plays for Larissa. He took the teams from Tier 4 to Tier 1 league in Greece, at age 42. Impressive
    You got to admire his love for the game.

not much of a transfer,but kalaitzis (former panathinaikos player,the starting pg of the team for many years including the 2000-2002 era where we were dominating in the euroleague with 3 consectuive finals and 2 trophies the 25+ in here will remember him) was added to the coaching staff of the team. he might not help in court but additions like this help the team in many other aspects. even his presence there will be helpful for the youngers. just like alvertis. he might be there just for insipirational reasons but he deserves a part of the success the team has all these years since he stopped basketball. i heard rumours about him posting things in the locker rooms of OAKA from previous interviews or oly players' comments in the press and the newspapers to hype players before games with them.

anyway kalaitzis was already the head coach of the youth team since 2016,tsartsaris already has some kind of a job in the team as well,i think they tried in the past (and will probably try again in the future) to put diamantidis somewhere inside the team too. he refused in the past cause he didnt want to involve with any kind of coaching and just live his post career life,but im seeing him more into the team's daily life this season (he even went with the team in munchen when we played bayern, supports DPG's plan about the new arena etc. so he might be more open to accepting a role in the team nowadays. but we will see in the future
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

You do raise valid points and I agree with you more of less.

Mitoglou and Papagiannis are serious Euroleague players as they are getting serious minutes especially under Pitino. They are averaging close to 20 mins per game under his guidance.

I think Koniaris has done ok. I wasn't expecting him to do much but he's a fighter. He'll never be a superstar but if can be a "Mantzaris" he'll be ok.

Speaking of Mantzaris, he's pulled the clock back at Promitheas and is playing well.

Moraitis and Tsalbouris went to Kolossos Rhodes but they have hardly set the world on fire. I was expecting a lot from Moraitis but he doesn't seem to be an A1 level player yet

Nikolaidis, Koloveros and Arsenopoulos are both struggling to make a differance for Oly in A2 and have about 5-6 points average each.

Karambelas (Peristeri) had an injury from summer and only returned 6 weeks ago.

Mitoglou and Papagiannis are serious Euroleague players as they are getting serious minutes especially under Pitino. They are averaging close to 20 mins per game under his guidance.
    I think this is the difference in the way of thinking between us. I dont put a player in the category EL player based on the minutes but with a standard skill set and contribution. Normally both ways correlate strongly but not always.

Lets take some Efes names. Dogus Balbay - defensively one of the best short defenders in the league but offensively his capacity to contribute is almost 0 -> not a serious EL player. Sertac Sanli - has nearly 10 points average in 15 minutes, stats are very solid, is he a Euroleague player? No, because his body coordination is very weak. He cant grab rebounds, he is weak, he is slow, he has 0 athleticism and every move of him shouts and exposes his clumsiness but he puts some effort on the court.

I think a players duty is to become the best version of himself. This goes for Kawhi Leonard as well as Bogris or Sanli. For being called serious EL player a player must bring a certain standard of skill set. Sanli is at max of what he is capable of and he is not the player of this level. Same goes for Mitoglou or Papagiannis. Can they become one in time? Surely. I watched some games of Mitoglou during his time in the states. He was never a capable offensive player but very strong in rebounding and on the defensive end and I acknowledge his improvements. Papagiannis is a different story. I considered him as a very capable player but he turned out to be a lazy pillar.

I think the calathes effect makes all bigs looks better than they truly are.

Both Mitoglou (23) and Papagiannis (22) are breaking out this season. Mitoglou is not only scoring from offensive rebs this season but there are plays for him. In 2 years they will be dominating. They have a great teacher to guide them.

Mitoglou had a 4 PIR last year. Has 7,5 now. Papagiannis from 5,2 has gone to 7,9.

Both are on the up. PAO is investing heavily on both and that's why we didn't sign millon euro a season players on positions 4 and 5.

Greek players will always pop up. OK we have bit of a current crisis but we also did for 3-4 year after '98 when our NT was rubbish then all of a sudden we were spoiled for choice (3D, Spanoulis, Papaloukas, Zisis, Chatzivrettas, Dikoudis, Fotsis, Papadopoulos, Bourousis, Vasilopoulos, Sofo etc).

The Greek Federation makes you field 6 Greek players, this means some players will always come up. We don't just limit their time in A1 but give them EL minutes. You can't say this for Fener or Efes even though Turkey has had some really good junior players the last few years. They just buy teams because they have the money. Even when PAO had money we developed players like 3D, Fotsis, Tsartsaris, Alvertis, Kalaitzis etc

Oly wants to do the same but the player pool is weak at junior level currently.
    Last edited by EverGreen; 01-20-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast