This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    You just confirm what I said. Thank you for that. What you expect depends on what you want to achieve. After the signings final four for Fenerbahce is not a target which makes the domestic league more important and with Sipahi, Mahmutoglu, Biberovic, Candan and Düverioglu I strongly doubt you have an advantage against 4-5 teams.
    Fener's target is making the playoffs and then anything is possible in Euroleague, as we have seen time and again. Who really cares about Turkish league? It is between Efes and Fener anyway. It is not like we will only play with Turkish players in the league, foreigners will be there. Either you are severely overrating the other Turkish teams or underrating Fener. Even fucking Mahmutoglu can win games in Turkish league occasionally lol.

Regarding Sipahi, unless he can consistently shoot this is his ceiling. Kokoskov can utilize even mediocre players so there's that, but you can't make a great grill with a mediocre steak.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Fener's target is making the playoffs and then anything is possible in Euroleague, as we have seen time and again. Who really cares about Turkish league? It is between Efes and Fener anyway. It is not like we will only play with Turkish players in the league, foreigners will be there. Either you are severely overrating the other Turkish teams or underrating Fener. Even fucking Mahmutoglu can win games in Turkish league occasionally lol.
      I think you are the one who is way too optimistic but there is no need to talk about it right now. Time will tell.

Regarding Sipahi, unless he can consistently shoot this is his ceiling. Kokoskov can utilize even mediocre players so there's that, but you can't make a great grill with a mediocre steak.
      Did you even read what I had written? I know what every Turkish player in the Turkish league or elsewhere is capable of and I just wrote he is one of the worst and unsuited selections with no future then our friend got triggered and posted an assist of him which should convince me that he is great.

Comment

• Oz Bleyzer (Rishon) agreed to terms 1 season with Maccabi
        2022/2023:
        PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
        SG: Baldwin, Hollins
        SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
        PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
        PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
          you can't make a great grill with a mediocre steak.
          It's absolutely out of topic, but actually slow BBQing or grilling is a great way to make tasty dish from cheap cuts of meat
          For instance https://smokingmeatgeeks.com/cheap-steak-preparation/
          Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy M View Post
            Oz Bleyzer (Rishon) agreed to terms 1 season with Maccabi
            Not bad, but maccabeo will be unhappy with his 3p%...
            Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

I think you are the one who is way too optimistic but there is no need to talk about it right now. Time will tell.

Did you even read what I had written? I know what every Turkish player in the Turkish league or elsewhere is capable of and I just wrote he is one of the worst and unsuited selections with no future then our friend got triggered and posted an assist of him which should convince me that he is great.
              This year was quite bad for Fener but only teams above us were Efes and Karsiyaka iirc. We will be worse considering the declining player quality, if the chemistry isn't better, but financial crisis is hitting all Turkish teams, so I find it hard to believe 4-5 teams will be better than Fener as you said. Which teams could those be?

I know what you wrote regarding Sipahi. It was just my two cents, not an answer to you. I agree that Sipahi doesn't fit the current roster.
              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
                It's absolutely out of topic, but actually slow BBQing or grilling is a great way to make tasty dish from cheap cuts of meat
                For instance https://smokingmeatgeeks.com/cheap-steak-preparation/
                I have recently taken an interest in slow cooking and sous vide (only theoretical not practical yet), but that's why I said grill :P
                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Gist has left Zvezda and former Efes and Valencia player Brock Motum returns to the Turkish league by signing to Galatasaray.

Comment

• Motum is decent player and Gist is junk. So we could expect him in Fener maybe for 1 milion salary. After Ulanovas signing everything is possible..

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
                      Not bad, but maccabeo will be unhappy with his 3p%...
                      Blazer is a solid forward for IL and I like him but he is an example of someone who would never ever in a million years sign in a EL team if it weren't for domestic players rules. I hope he will be able to contribute in some EL minutes because he is physical and aware defensively, but I seriously doubt he can survive in Maccabi past this year. If everyone is healthy he is not even the 12th man in rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                        This year was quite bad for Fener but only teams above us were Efes and Karsiyaka iirc. We will be worse considering the declining player quality, if the chemistry isn't better, but financial crisis is hitting all Turkish teams, so I find it hard to believe 4-5 teams will be better than Fener as you said. Which teams could those be?

I know what you wrote regarding Sipahi. It was just my two cents, not an answer to you. I agree that Sipahi doesn't fit the current roster.
                        Well not all Turkish teams. Karsiyaka was able to keep the team from the last season, major change is Raymar Morgen for Jordan Morgan and not to forget 1 year older Adem Bona who could make a serious jump in the second half.

TT Ankara has an impressive foreign rotation with Tylor Ennis, Sam Dekker, Kyle Wiltjer and Michael Eric. A shooter will still be signed and in addition a very solid Turkish rotation. Will be tough to beat them. They spend money to win the BCL and chances are good.

Bahcesehir made also solid moves and are not just pushovers in Eurocup. Alex Perez who was sitting mostly in Kaunas after a great season with Bandirma, Eric Green, Jamal Jones, Payton Aldridge and Josh Owens with an even better Turkish rotation than TT Ankara is a clear playoff candidate.

Galatasaray has also been making smart moves again. Considering Ertugrul Erdogan could utilize the max of almost all his players (also the Turks) It wont be easy to beat them either.

And Anadolu Efes of course. Tofas, BJK will be playing mostly with talented Turkish player and they can end up either way. I dont expect much from Dacka. I think for the first two the most important thing is to make some young guys able to lead an entire team.

I dont say Fenerbahce cant beat them. I depends on many variables like chemistry and how the players will come back etc but it will be a hard fight for Fenerbahce. Difference maker on Feners side will be De Colo and Vesely. Have no much worries about De Colo performing but Vesely will be the key factor for sure. The foreign rotation is nevertheless very strong with Brown, De Colo, this sasari guy Barthel and Velely but the Turkish rotation is among the weakest.

Comment

• Fener has one of the weakest Turkish player rotation. Only true Turkish players, Melih and Candan are legacy of Obradovic awful vision and they should leave. So called domestic players Sipahi and Ahmet, I dont want to spend words on those lazy morons who did nothing to improve for years.
                          So, there are Dixon and Biberovic, again so called domestic players. I expect much from Biberovic but not so much from Kokoskov and chance he will get. Dixon is old fox, good but old.

Foreign rotation is much better. We have quit decent players in the roster except Ulanovas who is probably the most overrated player in this moment. Some of them could boost in Fener next season.
                          Last edited by janketa; 08-05-2020, 03:39 PM.

Comment

You are right. Balbay is not a serious player who doesnt even deserve to earn money from basketball. He even makes less sense than Sipahi but Efes has one of the best youth systems and one of the best turkish rotations in the Turkish league. The rotation Gazi, Tuncer, Gecim, Saybir and Sanli are more than enough for BSL and far more superior what Fenerbahce can put on the court not to mention the two youngesters Kurtuldum and Ilyasoglu. Especially Saybir will be a very solid Euroleague player if he keeps working hard.

Its also true that Efes recommended Larkin for the national team but there was no reaction from the Turkish Basketball federation till Larkin recommended himself. There is no need for Efes to use a naturalized player because they have also without Larkin the best Turkish rotations anyway unlike Fenerbahce which is playing with 3 naturalized guys a 40 year old Dixon, Biberovic who never played a serious game till right now and Düverioglu who is playing for fathers Jordan so Fenerbahce is the last team which can complain about Larkin.
                            It's all about experience. We've talented players like Biberovic, Sancakli and Tirpanci but why we are not using them? Because they lack experience to play at high level, which is why they need time to learn to play that level. We've hopes for Biberovic but we will see.

Why Efes is using Balbay more than they use Kurtuldum, Ilyasoglu and Saybir? Because they also lack experience to play, which is why Balbay is playing 10 minutes per game in Euroleague, and 15 minutes per game in Turkish league. While they don't even play 5 minutes in Euroleague. Only Saybir and Gecim played 10-15 minutes in Turkish league, and that's still lower than Balbay's minutes. Musfafa Kurtuldum didn't even play more than 5 minutes in Turkish league, Ilyasoglu played 13 games with 7 minutes in Turkish league only, how can you even think they will contribute when Balbay still plays 15 minutes in Turkish league.

While Sipahi has a lot of experience, just like Balbay but he is 5 years younger than Balbay as well, we can actually use him on the court, unlike those players that Efes is not using. Sipahi will be our Balbay on the court.
                            Last edited by Tevfik1907; 08-05-2020, 04:54 PM.
                            FENERBAHÇE
                            --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                            --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                            --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                            --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• [B]It's all about experience. We've talented players like Biberovic, Sancakli and Tirpanci but why we are not using them? Because they lack experience to play at high level, which is why they need time to learn to play that level.
                              Tarik is talented, this is true. Tirpanci is because of his motor and body control not a BSL level player and he will never be solid player. In other words he is trash. Sancakli is a big question mark. I see his ceiling in an upper BSL team. Surely not a big team player.

The talented guys in order in Fenerbahce youth is Ismail Karabilen, Saadettin Donat and Yigit Onan who could turn out to be solid role player but because of the lack of games (no TBL team) they will vanish if they dont leave Fenerbahce.

The only highly regarded guy who left Fenerbahce without a word to NCAA is Sarper David Mutaf and it was a very smart move which saved his career.

Why Efes is using Balbay more than they use Kurtuldum, Ilyasoglu and Saybir?
                              This is easy to answer. Because neither (especially) Kurtuldum is not ready because he needs to gain weight. Similar goes to Ilyasoglu and about Saybir he played 12 minutes and his minutes dropped after a long knee injury. Before his injury he was the 7th guy in the rotation and he will gain heavy minutes this season. Also Kurtuldum or Ilyasoglu got 6-7 minutes + youth league.

Tell me is there any guy who is young and got one serious chance? There is nobody, because nobody cared the youth in Fenerbahce. Not even Arna got not more than 6 minutes despite being 23 year old.

You cant compare yourself with Efes. Efes is one of the 6-7 trains of the developing places in Turkey. You were just a 1 guy system who didnt give a shit about the future of the club.

BTW: Arna earned 350k dollar in his last season with Fenerbahce

Comment

Tarik is talented, this is true. Tirpanci is because of his motor and body control not a BSL level player and he will never be solid player. In other words he is trash. Sancakli is a big question mark. I see his ceiling in an upper BSL team. Surely not a big team player.

The talented guys in order in Fenerbahce youth is Ismail Karabilen, Saadettin Donat and Yigit Onan who could turn out to be solid role player but because of the lack of games (no TBL team) they will vanish if they dont leave Fenerbahce.

The only highly regarded guy who left Fenerbahce without a word to NCAA is Sarper David Mutaf and it was a very smart move which saved his career.

This is easy to answer. Because neither (especially) Kurtuldum is not ready because he needs to gain weight. Similar goes to Ilyasoglu and about Saybir he played 12 minutes and his minutes dropped after a long knee injury. Before his injury he was the 7th guy in the rotation and he will gain heavy minutes this season. Also Kurtuldum or Ilyasoglu got 6-7 minutes + youth league.

Tell me is there any guy who is young and got one serious chance? There is nobody, because nobody cared the youth in Fenerbahce. Not even Arna got not more than 6 minutes despite being 23 year old.

You cant compare yourself with Efes. Efes is one of the 6-7 trains of the developing places in Turkey. You were just a 1 guy system who didnt give a shit about the future of the club.
                                You must be joking, who trained Ömer Aşık? Fenerbahçe also raised one of the best Turkish players in the history (İbrahim Kutluay) and he joined Efes later. They are from our youth development. Even Doğuş Balbay is from Fenerbahçe youth development, and he is the captain of Efes right now, who is taking more minutes than any other Turkish player in the team. Berk Uğurlu, Can maxim, Berkay Candan are all from our youth development teams.

We didn't continue with Egehan Arna because of the budget, I heard that we were paying him more than the other young players and he just didn't reach the potential to play at Euroleague level quickly. Probably he will 2 or 3 years later, but we didn't have time for that, some players grow slowly, some players grow quickly, not everytime you can expect them to grow quickly, some players needs more time for the top level, Arna was one of those players who needs a little more time, it's easy to blame the coach and the staff.

If we return to our main topic, we can use Sipahi like Balbay at defense and passing the ball, but Sipahi has one more advantage in comparison with Balbay, he actually started to use his size advantage more at Betis, I've mentioned the size disadvantages that Larkin and Campazzo has before, and I said that's one of the reasons why many NBA teams are not preferring them as their no.1 or no.2 guards,

If Sipahi can do this post-up game to Campazzo, imagine what other physically stronger and more athletic NBA guards can do?

---2:58---

He can be useful also at offense with his post-up game even if he can't shoot.
                                Last edited by Tevfik1907; 08-05-2020, 05:54 PM.
                                FENERBAHÇE
                                --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                                --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                                --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                                --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information