https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ..._as=subscriber

Enough!!!
    2019/2020:
    PG: Dorsey, Walters, S. Cohen
    SG: Wilbekin, D-Ba, Bryant
    SF:Casspi, Avdija, Zoosman
    PF: Acy, Coloiaro, J. Cohen
    PF: Black, Hunter

Tarik Black keft MTA, official, due to hid injury.
    Maccabi try to sign new one
    2019/2020:
    PG: Dorsey, Walters, S. Cohen
    SG: Wilbekin, D-Ba, Bryant
    SF:Casspi, Avdija, Zoosman
    PF: Acy, Coloiaro, J. Cohen
    PF: Black, Hunter

So boring without EL
    1st in IBN 2018-2019
    2nd in IBN 2016-2017
    2nd in IBN 2015-2016
    1st in IBN 2014-2015
    2nd in IBN 2013-2014
    2nd in IBN 2012-2013
    2nd in IBN 2010-2011
    3nd in IBN 2009-2010
    1st in IBN 2008-2009
    2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
    https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
    @RankingsSport

MTA is after Ante Zizic who hasnt got many minutes in Cleveland.

Dorsey extended with MTA till 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    MTA is after Ante Zizic who hasnt got many minutes in Cleveland.

Dorsey extended with MTA till 2022
    If Zizic improves his defense he can be a game-changer in Euroleague. Offensively this would be a truly great singing for Maccabi. I somehow always had the feeling that his upside is bigger than Zubac's

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    If Zizic improves his defense he can be a game-changer in Euroleague. Offensively this would be a truly great singing for Maccabi. I somehow always had the feeling that his upside is bigger than Zubac's
    Well we cant evaluate his current status since he hardly played in a trash team like Cleveland. One thing is clear. He has nothing to survive in the NBA and he has lazy feets and is not very creative in post up situations. He seems to have a mid ranger which can be useful for him in Europe.

He surely can play Euroleague but is not an alternative for Tarik Black.

Well we cant evaluate his current status since he hardly played in a trash team like Cleveland. One thing is clear. He has nothing to survive in the NBA and he has lazy feets and is not very creative in post up situations. He seems to have a mid ranger which can be useful for him in Europe.

Toruko, there was some discussion on the previous page about Emir Preldzic not living up to his talents. What are your thoughts on his career? I thought he might have stayed with Bahcesehir after last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Toruko, there was some discussion on the previous page about Emir Preldzic not living up to his talents. What are your thoughts on his career? I thought he might have stayed with Bahcesehir after last season.
    lol is he still among the living? I never liked him much but he made this killer 3 pointer against Australia which got us in the quarter finals i think it was 2014 so i dont want to speak too badly about him.

He surely had the talent to be a serious Euroleague player and even upside to play 1 or 2 years in the NBA but he didnt take Basketball too seriously. He is a very bad professional like Semih Erden. Unfortunately Turkey is full of these guys.

I liked him a lot in Cibona and Darussafaka before he left overseas. He had horrible health problems the last two years and that will be a major issue, not just for Maccabi but for his future as a professional player. By watching him in ABA I thought he is on the most dominant centers from Ex Yu since breakup of Yugoslavia coming up, he really was incredibly dominant. Also his part in Darussafaka was very good and he played a big role in qualifying for Top 8 even he came in the middle of the season. I am sure he will surprise a lot of people if healthy.

I liked him a lot in Cibona and Darussafaka before he left overseas. He had horrible health problems the last two years and that will be a major issue, not just for Maccabi but for his future as a professional player. By watching him in ABA I thought he is on the most dominant centers from Ex Yu since breakup of Yugoslavia coming up, he really was incredibly dominant. Also his part in Darussafaka was very good and he played a big role in qualifying for Top 8 even he came in the middle of the season. I am sure he will surprise a lot of people if healthy.
    Well I just watched him in the youth tournaments. We had Egemen Güven U18 MVP who was supposedly further than Zizic and busted after he got lift up yes he was good in Turkey but left Europe too early and didnt get a real chance there.

BTW, Fener lost again a very promising youth player to NCAA. The August 2002 born sharpshooter Sarper David mutaf left Fenerbahce and signed for a scholarship in Minnesota. The coach there is rick pitinos son. They wanted him really badly. I wish boy good luck in the state with the Gophers.

And can an American explain me how NCAA is build up and how its work. Are there differences between NCAA teams?

BTW, Fener lost again a very promising youth player to NCAA. The August 2002 born sharpshooter Sarper David mutaf left Fenerbahce and signed for a scholarship in Minnesota. The coach there is rick pitinos son. They wanted him really badly. I wish boy good luck in the state with the Gophers.

And can an American explain me how NCAA is build up and how its work. Are there differences between NCAA teams?
    I would do the same if I were him - but this also shows why it is pointless to try and develop young players in Turkey. If they are good, they almost always leave early. If they are bad, they are bad, and you can always pick them up at age 25 instead of bothering to develop.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

lol is he still among the living? I never liked him much but he made this killer 3 pointer against Australia which got us in the quarter finals i think it was 2014 so i dont want to speak too badly about him.

He surely had the talent to be a serious Euroleague player and even upside to play 1 or 2 years in the NBA but he didnt take Basketball too seriously. He is a very bad professional like Semih Erden. Unfortunately Turkey is full of these guys.
    He's supposedly playing in the Bosnian third division.

@Toruko: It's consisting out of several conferences in Division I where the teams are playing conference-wise and outer-conference games. Generally there is something you can compare with regular season where a standing/qualifying for knock-out tournament of each conference is generated (most often the first two teams are free of playing round I). There are also possibilities in wild cards for the final tournament (as far as I know two can be given from NCAA and coach's decisions if a team played fantastic and fails to win this final tournament etc.). Then the winners/runners up and wild card teams are playing out March Madness. The Golden Gophers had a bad season, play in maybe the most famous conference Big Ten but are no famous programe. As far as I see a Turk already played there this season.

I wouldn't expect too much from this programe honestly.

Just for comparison - from 15 Serbs in NCAA this year I would be surprised if, letting Petrusev aside, more than 2 others will make something like professional basketball in a serious manner and they are partially in very good programes. In 95% this things fail. But at least they got a diploma from a US university and a great life experience, I think there are worse things for starting life.

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I would do the same if I were him - but this also shows why it is pointless to try and develop young players in Turkey. If they are good, they almost always leave early. If they are bad, they are bad, and you can always pick them up at age 25 instead of bothering to develop.
    They leave because they know of their chances and its not like Fenerbahce cares about its youth players. ZOC kinda gave up on using Turks somehow after Yurtseven Xd.

Its also very difficult to compete for the title and raise kids. Nevertheless there are good examples for having a good system like real madrid but Fenerbahce is miles away from that vision. Anyway good for the kid to make the jump on the right time.

@Toruko: It's consisting out of several conferences in Division I where the teams are playing conference-wise and outer-conference games. Generally there is something you can compare with regular season where a standing/qualifying for knock-out tournament of each conference is generated (most often the first two teams are free of playing round I). There are also possibilities in wild cards for the final tournament (as far as I know two can be given from NCAA and coach's decisions if a team played fantastic and fails to win this final tournament etc.). Then the winners/runners up and wild card teams are playing out March Madness. The Golden Gophers had a bad season, play in maybe the most famous conference Big Ten but are no famous programe. As far as I see a Turk already played there this season.

I wouldn't expect too much from this programe honestly.

Just for comparison - from 15 Serbs in NCAA this year I would be surprised if, letting Petrusev aside, more than 2 others will make something like professional basketball in a serious manner and they are partially in very good programes. In 95% this things fail. But at least they got a diploma from a US university and a great life experience, I think there are worse things for starting life.
    Thank you dude. Yes Alihan Demir was in his last season there and he convinced David to come over. Everything is better than Fenerbahce tbh. Xd

I like the american system letting the guys raise in schools and the american colleges have mostly better conditions than Turkish clubs, well see about his future.

I agree about that one.

At least the guys are not imbeciles with 23 when they can't make anything in their sport like in Europe. That's maybe the crucial argument why their system is 10.000 miles in front of us here.

Dorsey extending with Maccabi is huge, imo.

He wasn't always consistent this season but with some continuity Wilbekin + Dorsey is an elite backcourt combo.

two bad news for us
    black out. enormous center . sure, nobody is guilthy of his injury, but bad new. zizic coud replace him ? no, but this guy is el stuff. so its ok
    dorsey ext till 2022. error. i was his fans in august. i was his fans during the season. i lost my confidence in him last mathces. he didint improve his bball as i hope. too individualistic. very good 3p shoot but he is a dramatic penetrator with ridiculous 2p percent. its a big limit. i still wait for diba and caloiaro confirm to say something about next season, but black out and dorsey in, arent actually god news . we arent improving the team like that

Page 59 of 104 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast