Page 52 of 104 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2068

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2019-20: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Does Laso using Tavares extensively on Vesely or any team trying to make him take 3 fouls in the first half ring a bell? Even Euroleague GMs selected Vesely as the best player in the mid-season survey. You either only watch Oly games or being obnoxious if you think opposite teams didn't try things like fouling him out, hacking him etc. I won't be bothered to find video evidence

Clyburn and Higgins also had good season with similar offensive stats to Vesely, whose stats dropped off after injury and was also carrying a much bigger burden in defense in Fener than those two
    All teams were attacking the rim, because Vesely was/is unable to protect the rim.

Clyburn had to defend for 3, because Chacho and Nando cannot defend even a chair.

Vesely had great numbers in first part of the season, but after that, he was average at best. MVP for me is not someone, whose whole game depends on his team's system, if that is the case, they should have given MVP to Obra. I can see players without basketball skills to be MVP, but they have to be dominant under the rim like Udoh, Tavares, Vrankovic...and even they would have needed catastrophic season from all other more obvious contenders.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Clyburn had to defend for 3, because Chacho and Nando cannot defend even a chair.
    Yeah, and our guards are known for great defense

All teams were attacking the rim, because Vesely was/is unable to protect the rim.

Vesely had great numbers in first part of the season, but after that, he was average at best. MVP for me is not someone, whose whole game depends on his team's system, if that is the case, they should have given MVP to Obra. I can see players without basketball skills to be MVP, but they have to be dominant under the rim like Udoh, Tavares, Vrankovic...and even they would have needed catastrophic season from all other more obvious contenders.
    Vesely could stop penetrating players even before they get to the rim, as he has shown in any game. But he can't stop really big guys like Tavares from dominating.

Also yeah, Vesely is mediocre without the defensive and offensive scheme of Fener in the last year... Even though he developed his passing vision, finishing, even mid-range shots and free throws. But at the end of the day you have to choose a player as an MVP, not a coach. I just don't see Higgins or Clyburn carrying CSKA more than Vesely did Fener.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Delaney out of Barcelona, official.

https://twitter.com/FCBbasket/status...43727049940993

I wonder whom Barca will try to sign.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

@Vivo

For me Clyburn was instrumental for winning the title. How he was attacking the rim and rebounding was monstrous. He was elite in offense and D. Itoudis was using him in numerous ways.
    previously known as Beno

There are rumors about salary cap next year. Thanks God, finally.

Does Laso using Tavares extensively on Vesely
    A center guarding a center? Stop the presses!!!

In other news, Red Star's president apparently spoke of a salary cap implementation. That's odd because so many reliable people here told me it was impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    A center guarding a center? Stop the presses!!!

In other news, Red Star's president apparently spoke of a salary cap implementation. That's odd because so many reliable people here told me it was impossible.
    You know what I mean, Tavares came in after Udoh decimated Madrid and Laso used Tavares to neutralize Vesely under the rim in each of our games since then. We can't exploit and foul Tavares out as we don't have a quick penetrating guard.

Reliable people
    Interbasket
    Pick one
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post

I guess Barca will play only with Mirotic.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    My beloved Jaka "motherfucker" Blazic near zvezda according to multiple sources. Great fit. After incredible season of Jaka this would be a fantastic fit for us.
    I don't think he is fit with Jenkins and Lazic. We need more players like Punter, Baron and Stratos.

Anyway, first of all I am not sure which competition Zvezda will play. There is huge possibility that ABA league will be terminate without champion.

Delaney to Milano

Next move Gherardini to Milano or nursing center.. Just dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Delaney to Milano

Next move Gherardini to Milano or nursing center.. Just dreaming
    I am available for the job if you guys are looking. Salary demands are reasonable. A piece of land on the beach in Ayvalik, so I can build a house there, 100k in salary and a long-term contract. I would fix your mess in a second

I guess Barca will play only with Mirotic.
    Euroleague is truly a visionary organization, adopting 3v3 before NBA
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    I am available for the job if you guys are looking. Salary demands are reasonable. A piece of land on the beach in Ayvalik, so I can build a house there, 100k in salary and a long-term contract. I would fix your mess in a second
    100k Liras right?
    Şampiyonluk gelince

The problem with Fenerbahce is if you are not expensive enough you are also not good enough. This is their main principles. You may be a very good gm with very good moves and lets say you would need 2 years of developing something. They would throw you out after 2 month.

Your first recruits...

I'm sure you're tempted to apply for the head coaching role at PAO too, but who needs that stress? Imagine sitting courtside at the Ulker sports hall beside Salt Bae and Anil Cakmak, as the master of ceremonies at a festival of basketball and celebrity that would make even the Lakers envious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Your first recruits...

I'm sure you're tempted to apply for the head coaching role at PAO too, but who needs that stress? Imagine sitting courtside at the Ulker sports hall beside Salt Bae and Anil Cakmak, as the master of ceremonies at a festival of basketball and celebrity that would make even the Lakers envious.
    You mention this name all the time. Who is this slow poke Anil Cakmak anyway? You talk as if he is the main ruler of Fenerbahce Xd

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    You mention this name all the time. Who is this slow poke Anil Cakmak anyway? You talk as if he is the main ruler of Fenerbahce Xd
    He's a famous Turkish barber on YouTube and seems to be a Fenerbahce superfan.

Accepted
    With Obradovic or new coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    He's a famous Turkish barber on YouTube and seems to be a Fenerbahce superfan.
    OG Fener superfan Rambo Okan:

Şampiyonluk gelince

OG Fener superfan Rambo Okan:
    Amazing, the security guard's face!

Page 52 of 104 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast