Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1899

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2019-20: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    What did everyone think of Hines leaving CSKA for Milano? I think it was a surprise for many although you can see how it made sense for all involved, even if Milano is often a career damaging move.

Koufos, Baker and Kulagin also out of CSKA so far while James re-signed for three years. Strelnieks close to leaving too.
    Regarding Hines it wasn't too unexpected. CSKA didn't make a moves to offer him guaranteed contract, last summer that 1+1 was also like a sign that Hines' days in Moscow are coming to an end. I expected back then at least 2 years guaranteed deal for a captain. Now according to rumors Hines got that 2-years guaranteed deal from Messina and no wonder he accepted it, hiding this move under "new goals" thing. Now it's interesting who will be back-up center after Milutinov

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    My basketball prediction was that Barca is much better than Fener. Which was proved easily. Other was Real my favourite for winning the league, which will never be answered. I believe Real playing 100%, without minutes restriction by Laso, had everything to beat Efes. And I still believe Larkin will be just bench player in Nba. Regarding cancellation, it was the only possible solution from the beginning. You was just delusional to give a title to Efes. My advice is to you is, look at your predictions about Fener and league cancellation. It's incredible difficult to be more wrong.
    Your predictions failed big. Now you try to fix it by fabricating some insinuations.

'Efes is untalented team and Mirotic is much better then Larkin'. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Look man what happen after your silly predictions. Look what man did for history and remember that. Save us in the future of your predictions please and play your fantasy game

Yeah, like you say, I guess the signs were there but it just seemed to be announced quickly without many rumours beforehand.

I think quite a few people were underwhelmed by CSKA's signings last summer so it's interesting to see so many of them gone already.

After all, I wish to see Obra and Gherardini out. Maybe we will be much worse without Obradovic maybe not. But if someone earned 20milions from someone and after that he ponder to continue or not then better not.

We have great core in De Colo, Datome and Vesely. Problem was pg and pf spot all season. We should keep just three players + Biberovic and make new roster around them. 15 milions are more then enough.

6 milions for them +4 milions for new pg, pf and coach. Around 2.5 milions for rest of the roster(solid but not great players). 12,5 milions for the players and coach is very moderate budget.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    After all, I wish to see Obra and Gherardini out. Maybe we will be much worse without Obradovic maybe not. But if someone earned 20milions from someone and after that he ponder to continue or not then better not.

We have great core in De Colo, Datome and Vesely. Problem was pg and pf spot all season. We should keep just three players + Biberovic and make new roster around them. 15 milions are more then enough.

6 milions for them +4 milions for new pg, pf and coach. Around 2.5 milions for rest of the roster(solid but not great players). 12,5 milions for the players and coach is very moderate budget.
    people say Datome, and probably De Colo too, will leave.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post

De Colo is fantastic, but Datome and Vesely are not a contender core, bro. No hard feelings, I have no problem with Fener, it's purely objective comparing their positions with other contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    De Colo is fantastic, but Datome and Vesely are not a contender core, bro. No hard feelings, I have no problem with Fener, it's purely objective comparing their positions with other contenders.
    Nando is fairly over his prime and he wont get better anymore. Of course very capable scorer but he is everything but not fantastic.

About Fenerbahce competing: Fenerbahce fans are aware of their situation. Its not a competing team anymore. Fener will be the new PAO seeking for 6th 7th spot and I expect pao worse than the last 2 3 seasons.

De Colo does not have to get better, he can play on this level surely another 2, maybe with less intensity 3 years and every team in Europe would benefit from him. He played in a team that was simply badly concepted, didn't fit and he never before has been someone who was carrying a team on his shoulders exclusively. But in my opinion he doesn't have to. He's not that profile. Speaking about his basketball qualities isn't even necessary, we all know his qualities.

Fener must now pay the salaries out not to endanger its A license and shrink the next 2 - 3 years. Use some young guys, at least get some buyout money from the NBA. Give tight contracts, not more than 1 + 1 contracts to be more flexible and add some young hungry guys from abroad AND Turkey. After 2-3 years they will be able to increase their budget again steadily. BUT the next 2-3 years means financial reconciliation.

Thats what I always meant with sustainability.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    people say Datome, and probably De Colo too, will leave.
    Datomes future depends on ZOC like Gherardini. If ZOC leaves Datome, Sloukas and probably De Colo is history. The first two are sure. Dont think there is someone idiotic enough to pay Vesely what he gets from FB so i am sure hell stay no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Datomes future depends on ZOC like Gherardini. If ZOC leaves Datome, Sloukas and probably De Colo is history. The first two are sure. Dont think there is someone idiotic enough to pay Vesely what he gets from FB so i am sure hell stay no matter what.
    I am sure all teams except Real and Cska (after Mulitinov) wants him.

Quote Originally Posted by ab_mj View Post
    I am sure all teams except Real and Cska (after Mulitinov) wants him.
    I would also want a Ferrari with 5 accidents if I can get it for 1000 Euro but surely not if I have to pay 3 millions for him. Everything depends in life on cost-benefit ratio.

Fener must now pay the salaries out not to endanger its A license and shrink the next 2 - 3 years. Use some young guys, at least get some buyout money from the NBA. Give tight contracts, not more than 1 + 1 contracts to be more flexible and add some young hungry guys from abroad AND Turkey. After 2-3 years they will be able to increase their budget again steadily. BUT the next 2-3 years means financial reconciliation.

Thats what I always meant with sustainability.
    I bet there's a veteran journeyman point guard who plays in the Turkish second division that could help the team, an undiscovered version of Khalid El-Amin.

Turkish Airlines and Euroleague have agreed on a sponsorship for the following 5 years. There is no information about the amount but its a bit less than the last time. Judging by the situation of Flight companies a very surprising move.

I hope TA makes some pressure about number of the spanish teams. It cant be that Turkish companies pay everything and there are just 2 turkish Euroleague teams and 4-5 spanish.

Turkish Airlines and Euroleague have agreed on a sponsorship for the following 5 years. There is no information about the amount but its a bit less than the last time. Judging by the situation of Flight companies a very surprising move.

I hope TA makes some pressure about number of the spanish teams. It cant be that Turkish companies pay everything and there are just 2 turkish Euroleague teams and 4-5 spanish.
    That is surprising news.

How many Turkish teams could compete at Euroleague level right now? Spain still has the strongest league.

Btw, Giannakopoulos delayed his press conference...

Quote Originally Posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
    Yeah, but I think that he could get more attention, than just from Zalgiris and the salary would go beyond 450k. But if we could get Green and not Babb, that would be a huge upgrade, in my opinion. If Grigonis, Walkup and Lekavičius stays, we shouldn't have much money left in bank and I doubt we could get such a deep roster, like this season.
    Also, Malcolm Thomas had a pretty rough year, and I would love to see him paired with Landale. What do you guys think?
    Roster that could make some noise in EL next season, but is just over the salary top for Zalgiris in crisis:
    PG Walkup(SG), Lekavicius, Jokūbaitis(SG)
    SG Grigonis(SF), Milaknis(SF), Lukošiūnas
    SF J. Green(SG)(Or Babb)
    PF Whittington, Hayes(SF), Masiulis
    C Landale, M. Thomas(PF), Geben
    HC Šaras

But there are rumours, that we can't keep Grigonis and Walkup (Lekavičius stays if Šaras stays). We could get buyouts (actually we could also not, because if we can't pay them yhe money, they will be free) and with the buyouts, we could get only one foreigner because of the limit and he should be Pangos or Goss in my opinion. If we could pull something like Grigonis and Lekavičius stays, Walkup goes with buyout and we sign Pangos/Goss, that could be a better option for us.
    Getting Babb from the same Ludwigsburg team you guys got Walkup from...That would be neat if it happens.....

Ludwigsburg coached by John Patrick......He was coach of the year in the BCL a couple years back......His teams are always fun to watch....He's not scared to do bold things (full court press, fast pace , saw them shoot 36 three pointers in a game earlier this year...........Always wondered how he would do in the Euroleague as a coach......

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    De Colo does not have to get better, he can play on this level surely another 2, maybe with less intensity 3 years and every team in Europe would benefit from him. He played in a team that was simply badly concepted, didn't fit and he never before has been someone who was carrying a team on his shoulders exclusively. But in my opinion he doesn't have to. He's not that profile. Speaking about his basketball qualities isn't even necessary, we all know his qualities.
    I'm really enjoying this generation of 'I'm getting 2 mil+ per year to not carry the team'.
    De Colo, Calathes, who else should join the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    I bet there's a veteran journeyman point guard who plays in the Turkish second division that could help the team, an undiscovered version of Khalid El-Amin.
    Heh. What to say about the Turkish Baron Davis, lighting up a historic franchise from Istanbul that has seen better days. 32 years old, in his prime physically and knowledge-wise of the game, 3 to 1 ASS/TO ratio, almost 80% free throws. What more could you ask? Is there more to be given by a player. I would argue, NO.

Hahahaah. Two is already max for Turkish teams. Historically, even that is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    I'm really enjoying this generation of 'I'm getting 2 mil+ per year to not carry the team'.
    De Colo, Calathes, who else should join the club?
    Mike James, Jan Vesely, Thomas Huertel etc...

Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast