Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2019-20: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Huge improvement lol. I'm poking fun at our inability to produce a PG. Bobby, Wilbekin, now Larkin... Even Preldzic was a de facto playmaker. Or our ability to "convince" players to play for Turkey, depends on the perspective
    yes for one main reason. larkin is a very good shooter but also agreat peentrator. u'll never know if he is ready to shoot or to penetrte. wil is unable to to penetrate to score

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    yes for one main reason. larkin is a very good shooter but also agreat peentrator. u'll never know if he is ready to shoot or to penetrte. wil is unable to to penetrate to score
    Well he makes his crossover then a floater but with low probability to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Furkan Korkmaz and Cedi Osman are two of the best small forwards in Europe right now and there are some who will get Euroleague level in 2 years like Okben Ulubay or Metecan Birsen. There are many at least Euroleague level prospects to substitute Ersan Ilyasova with Tibet Görener, Adem Bona and Alperen Sengün.

Of course there are plenty of forwards in Europe but i am talking about really top forwards but if you talk count Papaniko as one youre free to do.
    Again that's some wishful thinking. Unless they prove themselves in top level they can't be considered anywhere close to that.

Also Papanikolaou has a 10 year EL experience so thess guys that "will" play in Euroleague in a couple of years according to your assumption shouldn't be mentioned in the sams sentence with an established player like him.

Btw having an 8ppg guy as a 3rd option in SF position got me more than satisfied. I mean if you're getting wet with guys who are a level below EL I don't know what you'd post right here if your 3rd SF option was a glue guy with stats like his..

Korkmaz is mainly a SG btw.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Again that's some wishful thinking. Unless they prove themselves in top level they can't be considered anywhere close to that.

Also Papanikolaou has a 10 year EL experience so thess guys that "will" play in Euroleague in a couple of years according to your assumption shouldn't be mentioned in the sams sentence with an established player like him.

Btw having an 8ppg guy as a 3rd option in SF position got me more than satisfied. I mean if you're getting wet with guys who are a level below EL I don't know what you'd post right here if your 3rd SF option was a glue guy with stats like his..

Korkmaz is mainly a SG btw.
    Korkmaz can play 2 and 3 since we have Mahmutoglu on two hell be used more on three from the bench.

I am mainly looking at their current skill set. The problem is both turkish teams are Euroleague title contenders. I menioned just some names who are already contributing on Eurocup level very well which is more than enough. The main guys are serious rotation player anyway.

Thats the difference between our thinking. I dont care where a player plays but how much he contributes.

Third guy? Who are the other two btw. ? One should be Papapetrou and the other one?

What is important for me is not in which organization a player plays but what he can contribute to the nt.

If the current greek euroleague players were turks no one would get serious minutes in turkish teams except Sloukas & Calathes(Spanoulis & Printezis are too old). The mentality is the difference, if Turkish teams were weak, they would still not give the local players a real chance. With the same mentality Turkey would have many EL-players too.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkfromGermany View Post
    If the current greek euroleague players were turks no one would get serious minutes in turkish teams except Sloukas & Calathes(Spanoulis & Printezis are too old). The mentality is the difference, if Turkish teams were weak, they would still not give the local players a real chance. With the same mentality Turkey would have many EL-players too.
    Efes were a borderline playoff team until last year (they hit rock bottom couple of years ago I think) but I don't remember anyone besides Osman getting serious minutes all these years? Also Obradovic built a dynasty in Pao with him and his stuff developing several domestic players who had a major role in the team for years. Olympiacos from 2011 until 2017 were a top tier team with domestic players being desicive for teams success. If a bad year is enough for you to call them weak then I don't know what kind of mentality Fener has for example because with a much higher budget they ain't doing much better for the moment.

Btw Obradovic has been in Fener since 2013 and the only domestic player that has developed his game through the years is Mahmutoglu. But don't worry the other day Toruko called some guy who averages like 1 minute per game (and half of them have been DNP) a solid rotation Euroleague player but can't accept Papanikolaou. Shows exactly who's biased here.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Efes were a borderline playoff team until last year (they hit rock bottom couple of years ago I think) but I don't remember anyone besides Osman getting serious minutes all these years?
    Yes, thats right. The reason was that the old generation retired and the young ones were too young. And if last team or not Efes has always money. The situation now is different.

Also Obradovic built a dynasty in Pao with him and his stuff developing several domestic players who had a major role in the team for years.
    Yeah back then Greece had serious players and a great nt.

Btw Obradovic has been in Fener since 2013 and the only domestic player that has developed his game through the years is Mahmutoglu. But don't worry the other day Toruko called some guy who averages like 1 minute per game (and half of them have been DNP) a solid rotation Euroleague player but can't accept Papanikolaou. Shows exactly who's biased here.
    The thing that you dont understand is they dont play in euroleague because the player in his position are better player. This doesnt mean that a Tuncer cant contribute. They just play in a very strong and competitive team. Would he play in Kaunas for example he would have gotten at least 15 Minutes.

The logic he got minutes and he scored in Euroleague -> he is better is too simple. Important is the skill set thats why Sanli is a bad Center even though he has 10 points average in Euroleague and Tuncer a great combo guard (offensively) even if he hasnt played serious minutes.

And the germany guy is right. Except Papapetrou, Sloukas and Calathes nobody would take serious minutes in both of the teams. Sloukas and Calathes would be bench guys on Efes roster.

Efes have five players who can contribute in EL on positions 1-3:

Larkin, Micic
    Beabois
    Simon, Anderson

That's it. The reason why some Tuncer doesn't get his minutes is because Ataman love to play with short rotation. For example, Fenerbahce has Westermann, Sloukas, Dixon, Mahmutoglou, De Colo, Nunnaly, Datome and Kalinic, that's 8 players, and they have 4-5 bigs.
    No, Tuncer wouldn't get minutes in Zalgiris, because he is worse than any othet Zalgiris guard. Actually, Turkey has only decent options in Melih, Korkmaz and Osman, but hey, lets just pay some American who is the best player in euroleague, he will score 30 points, and Turkey will be strong. It's pity that FIBA doesn't allow more foreign players in national teams, imagine what Turkey could do with Larkin, Dunston, Singleton and Higgins.

Quote Originally Posted by markkanen View Post
    Efes have five players who can contribute in EL on positions 1-3:

Larkin, Micic
    Beabois
    Simon, Anderson

That's it. The reason why some Tuncer doesn't get his minutes is because Ataman love to play with short rotation. For example, Fenerbahce has Westermann, Sloukas, Dixon, Mahmutoglou, De Colo, Nunnaly, Datome and Kalinic, that's 8 players, and they have 4-5 bigs.
    No, Tuncer wouldn't get minutes in Zalgiris, because he is worse than any othet Zalgiris guard. Actually, Turkey has only decent options in Melih, Korkmaz and Osman, but hey, lets just pay some American who is the best player in euroleague, he will score 30 points, and Turkey will be strong. It's pity that FIBA doesn't allow more foreign players in national teams, imagine what Turkey could do with Larkin, Dunston, Singleton and Higgins.
    Zalgiris has no play maker except Walkup. This was the problem the whole season.

I really dont understand the hate on turkey but its kinda funny hahahahaha

larkin zu turkey
    does anyone know how much will he earn?

olympiakos has been banned from euroleague to make any transfers for not paying their players (i know about roberts and toupanne,there were also rumours about a third guy that hasnt been paid what he should have and of course they have the previous papaloukas case). this ban was a great slap in the face for those arrogant aggelouloi bros and the red sheep that still think the decision to withdraw from league and drop their budget was a choice against vasilakopoulos and not the fact that there is no money left. its a pleasure watching this disgrateful for basketball team being humilated like this during the past 1 year. and i think they havent hit the barrel's bottom yet.
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRA View Post
    larkin zu turkey
    does anyone know how much will he earn?
    What do you mean he will play for his love of red and white flag
    To be serious no, I didn't see any info about a compensation
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

It'not about playing games for Turkey and I am sure he would play for nothing, he is very ambitious guy with high goals in his career.
    Problem is preparation period and if Turkey qualify for Olympic games he will spend the whole summer with NT. After very hard season in Efes...
    For that he will be payed of course and I hope he will be payed good because he deserves that.

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    olympiakos has been banned from euroleague to make any transfers for not paying their players (i know about roberts and toupanne,there were also rumours about a third guy that hasnt been paid what he should have and of course they have the previous papaloukas case). this ban was a great slap in the face for those arrogant aggelouloi bros and the red sheep that still think the decision to withdraw from league and drop their budget was a choice against vasilakopoulos and not the fact that there is no money left. its a pleasure watching this disgrateful for basketball team being humilated like this during the past 1 year. and i think they havent hit the barrel's bottom yet.
    you forgot to add that Pao is also being investigated about the same thing Oly has been punished for.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post
    you forgot to add that Pao is also being investigated about the same thing Oly has been punished for.
    Can you give the source for that or is it just a dirty slander?

Zalgiris has no play maker except Walkup. This was the problem the whole season.
    We have too many combos, and not a single pure point guard, so Tuncer wouldn't be of much help either. Lekavicius, Walkup, Rivers, even Milaknis are much better combos.

I really dont understand the hate on turkey but its kinda funny hahahahaha
    Nothing against Turkey in general, I only disagree with foreign players in national teams. Even the national teams like Slovakia, Iceland, Lebanon or Tunis will be very strong with Larkin. Finland lacks centers, Latvia and Lithuania lack guards, but they didn't bring foreign players (Wilson married finish woman and he is old, Lee, Murphey and Huff all have finish mothers). It's unfair, and it's ridiculous because we speaking about national teams now, not about some clubs.
    But every player who spend some years in some country, who speak fluently their language, who feel that he is the part of that country should be able to represent that national team.

Nothing against Turkey in general, I only disagree with foreign players in national teams. Even the national teams like Slovakia, Iceland, Lebanon or Tunis will be very strong with Larkin. Finland lacks centers, Latvia and Lithuania lack guards, but they didn't bring foreign players (Wilson married finish woman and he is old, Lee, Murphey and Huff all have finish mothers). It's unfair, and it's ridiculous because we speaking about national teams now, not about some clubs.
    But every player who spend some years in some country, who speak fluently their language, who feel that he is the part of that country should be able to represent that national team.
    If so i am eager to read your objections referring to Spain or Slovenia in that issue. Surprisingly there is no complain when it comes to the countries except Turkey.

If countries like Finland want to neglect the possibility to naturalize its fine with me. I wouldnt have objections if they used someone. Fact is there are countries which use them and some dont. The expectations are to use the own developed play maker. A serious bb country like Turkey must produce its own play maker but the reality is a foreign one is needed and in a world where many countries use them i dont see a problem. Same rights for everyone.

The only difference is Turkey is a big country with one of the best leagues in Europe. The quality of the players are accordingly but life is never total just.

We have too many combos, and not a single pure point guard, so Tuncer wouldn't be of much help either. Lekavicius, Walkup, Rivers, even Milaknis are much better combos.
    I am sure that you havent watched 2 games of him. Except Walkup nobody is able to run a single pick and roll game of the names and dont have half of his court vision or passing skills. Zalgiris guards cant create much. Of course there are other areas where the strength and weaknesses change. Milaknis is just a pin down shooter, Lekavicius a rim runner etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Can you give the source for that or is it just a dirty slander?
    Eurohoops published an article about it.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

If so i am eager to read your objections referring to Spain or Slovenia in that issue. Surprisingly there is no complain when it comes to the countries except Turkey.
    You are in the spotlight now, that's it. There were always complains regarding Russia, Spain, Macedonia, Slovenia. And overall all other such cases. All these countries went thought it. We had loads of discussion about that issue, even separate threads dedicated to it. But actually, it's mostly against the rule itself, not some country

I think using foreign players in national teams should be completely disallowed, I'm fine when a player from country A has a parent from country B and didn't play in A national team before. I'm against completely out of the blue things. That being said, as long as the rules are as they are now, countries can do as they please (use or don't use foreigners).

Also, coming from a Fener fan, Tuncer really has good court vision and can run P&R. He also has confidence, which most of Turkish guards lack.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast