Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2019-20: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

I'm very happy with this signing, it is shown that Maccabi has learned from the Rice accident we had.
    We tried to save money on Rice, but eventually, we spend an enormous amount for years until we found another 'star' guard.
    While the team is balanced, if you look at the games or the numbers, you see how important Scottie. This is his team.

And especially for maccabeo some sites published that Maccabi trying to do the same with Acy and working towards extending his contract. (not sure if the news are true or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Metec View Post
    I'm very happy with this signing, it is shown that Maccabi has learned from the Rice accident we had.
    We tried to save money on Rice, but eventually, we spend an enormous amount for years until we found another 'star' guard.
    While the team is balanced, if you look at the games or the numbers, you see how important Scottie. This is his team.

And especially for maccabeo some sites published that Maccabi trying to do the same with Acy and working towards extending his contract. (not sure if the news are true or not).
    about wil totally agree
    about acy im not surprised. acy is exactly the classic kind of mta's big man.muscle, jump, rude hands, warrior faces after dunk. is something incredible confirm him but u know we confirmed players like ohayon and kane, elyahu, we added back pargo or mekel, added garbage dozens of players (cant even name all of them from arroyo to planninic) as we never gave deserved chances to pur etalents like diba and landesberg, we lately easily lost few positive players we had like rice, ingles, morris, thomas, calo (who was effectively cutted and recall just because of emergency),bynum,lihart, after just one year. mta had great scouting and made great choices in the past.scouting was our mark. no big budget but great scuting. lately technical managers and coaches made ridiculous choices.i couldnt expect sfair ask for acy confirm. but thats it. and i have to debit this choice to him. something i'll not forget to judge his mta career when he will go somewhere else
    Last edited by maccabeo; 01-29-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arelg View Post
    HUGE(!) move by Maccabi, one of the best deals in the last years for us, wow...
    1.85M per season.
    And some are saying this Maccabi is with the same budget like in previous seasons..
    1.85 million per season makes him what? Among top 5 paid players in euroleague?
    Mirotić, Shved, Calathes?
    Larkin?
    Who else is earning more?
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post
    And some are saying this Maccabi is with the same budget like in previous seasons..
    1.85 million per season makes him what? Among top 5 paid players in euroleague?
    Mirotić, Shved, Calathes?
    Larkin?
    Who else is earning more?
    Vesely, De Colo?
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Metec View Post

Good, I like Acy, except his patented 3 point throw in EL games first couple of plays, which he usually misses. Otherwise, he's power under the basket, and, after all, his 3 pointers do fall in sometimes.
    As for Scotty, it's very good and very important signing. Hunter, Bryant and Acy should be next. Hope Wolters will come back next season, he is missed very much. Not much hope to keep Dorsey - he"ll probably try NBA this summer.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Vesely, De Colo?
    Sloukas ?

Little bit of topic but Larkin is worth more then Efes is paying him right now(2.7m), more then Mirotic for sure if we compare their quality and performance.
    De Colo is worth of every cent, Vesely is overpayed and Sloukas is not worth more then milion.

Well, Maccabi got very good deal, especially, while there's NBA exit option, $1M buyout by EL team now is not possible. And, while we can argue until we are blue, who's better - Larkin, James or Wilbekin, they all are top players.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

What's the agreement with the NBA out?

I was surprised to see Wilbekin sign a contract like this giving up the rest of his prime years when he'd likely have gotten some NBA interest this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    What's the agreement with the NBA out?

I was surprised to see Wilbekin sign a contract like this giving up the rest of his prime years when he'd likely have gotten some NBA interest this off-season.
    According to YNet, he'll have NBA exit option only after two more years. If it's true, it's very good for Maccabi. In interview after signing, Wilbekin said he wanted to stay, and looks like he took less money for some stability, I guess.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Larkin in NT

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    Good, I like Acy, except his patented 3 point throw in EL games first couple of plays, which he usually misses. Otherwise, he's power under the basket, and, after all, his 3 pointers do fall in sometimes.
    As for Scotty, it's very good and very important signing. Hunter, Bryant and Acy should be next. Hope Wolters will come back next season, he is missed very much. Not much hope to keep Dorsey - he"ll probably try NBA this summer.
    just mta fans accept a pf unable to shoot. this is something classical in maccabi.by owners who just search for mig men unable to shoot, to fans, who love love love hercules instead of talent. but 3p shoot is not the lonely acy drama. playing over 20 min scoring less tha 5 points per match, is another black hole. defensively he is less than av blocker (1 block per game av) and he simply try to oppose oppsite center or penetrators not more or less than other big men . also, everythime he refuse shooting (even wide open shoot chance) he is killing offensive action tempo. this is a disastrous player who could have hs euro home just wearing yellow
    tempo punti blocchi

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Larkin in NT
    It's great to see our Turkish youngsters starting to contribute in top level too!
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    It's great to see our Turkish youngsters starting to contribute in top level too!
    Larkin instead of Wilbekin isn't improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Larkin instead of Wilbekin isn't improvement?
    Huge improvement lol. I'm poking fun at our inability to produce a PG. Bobby, Wilbekin, now Larkin... Even Preldzic was a de facto playmaker. Or our ability to "convince" players to play for Turkey, depends on the perspective
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Huge improvement lol. I'm poking fun at our inability to produce a PG. Bobby, Wilbekin, now Larkin... Even Preldzic was a de facto playmaker. Or our ability to "convince" players to play for Turkey, depends on the perspective
    It's ok but regarding current sitation we don't produce any position and it's not only pg.
    Larkin is best EL player and we have chance with him and Cedi to do something more then mediocre until now

Well not even Serbs or LTU can produce a high level Point Guard. We have top class guys in the forward position, where almost all european teams struggle. We were always great in the Center position and we would still be if Ömer Asik hasnt got ill or we lost Enes Cunter due to political issues .

The next generation is coming... and Turkey except the point guard positions is one of the top 4 players developers in Europe. The problem is just that our Euroleague teams are top class teams but i am sure that at least efes will implement 2-3 young guys into the rotation in the following years. Nevertheless we should really solve this play making problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Well not even Serbs or LTU can produce a high level Point Guard. We have top class guys in the forward position, where almost all european teams struggle. We were always great in the Center position and we would still be if Ömer Asik hasnt got ill or we lost Enes Cunter due to political issues .

The next generation is coming... and Turkey except the point guard positions is one of the top 4 players developers in Europe. The problem is just that our Euroleague teams are top class teams but i am sure that at least efes will implement 2-3 young guys into the rotation in the following years. Nevertheless we should really solve this play making problem.
    ?

Fact is that Serbia's point guard rotation between Teodosic, Larkin and Micic is one of the best in Europe. Lithuania even though I do agree they have some drought in PG position, Lekavicius seems to have improved his game this year and had some quite solid WC performance. However I'm not keen with their prospects in this position.

Also unless I'm wrong Turkey has 2 solid forwards in Osman and an aging Ilyasova. And again you're wrong, most European countries have a plethora of forwards but less decent guards.

Just get your facts straight for once and try not to be biased.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    at least efes will implement 2-3 young guys into the rotation in the following years.
    good dream

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    ?

Fact is that Serbia's point guard rotation between Teodosic, Larkin and Micic is one of the best in Europe. Lithuania even though I do agree they have some drought in PG position, Lekavicius seems to have improved his game this year and had some quite solid WC performance. However I'm not keen with their prospects in this position.

Also unless I'm wrong Turkey has 2 solid forwards in Osman and an aging Ilyasova. And again you're wrong, most European countries have a plethora of forwards but less decent guards.

Just get your facts straight for once and try not to be biased.
    Furkan Korkmaz and Cedi Osman are two of the best small forwards in Europe right now and there are some who will get Euroleague level in 2 years like Okben Ulubay or Metecan Birsen. There are many at least Euroleague level prospects to substitute Ersan Ilyasova with Tibet Görener, Adem Bona and Alperen Sengün.

Of course there are plenty of forwards in Europe but i am talking about really top forwards but if you talk count Papaniko as one youre free to do.

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast