This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
    Fenerbahçe brings in SG Jarrell Eddie from Murcia according to Varlas. How is he?
    Sharpshooter, can create his own shot but not on elite level. Dont like his D but its not a big problem i guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
      Sharpshooter, can create his own shot but not on elite level. Dont like his D but its not a big problem i guess.
      His style and movement reminds me of a slightly more athletic Jaycee Carroll, at least it's the player type we needed. We'll see about the quality but at least he has some good games against top ACB teams. I think this also means Nunnally is out
      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Jarell Eddie Welcome To Fenerbahce! ● 2019/20 Best Plays & Highlights

https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Fenerbahçe brings in SG Jarrell Eddie from Murcia according to Varlas. How is he?
          Like the signing -- if you're building your offense around Lorenzo Brown, you need all the shooting you can get, and Eddie was one of the better pure shooters available

Comment

FENERBAHÇE
            --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
            --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
            --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
            --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
              So do you think Fener makes the top 8 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gman365 View Post
                So do you think Fener makes the top 8 ?
                Efes finished in the last place in the Euroleague 2018 season with winning only 7 games,

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

Then they played Final Four in the next season.

Every outcome is possible.
                FENERBAHÇE
                --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

• Efes brought better players so it's not adequate comparison. Only Larkin was more valuable then all six players that Fener brought. This Fener roster looks like GS rosters from previous seasons plus De Colo.

My opinion Fener could fight for top 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
                    Efes brought better players so it's not adequate comparison. Only Larkin was more valuable then all six players that Fener brought. This Fener roster looks like GS rosters from previous seasons plus De Colo.

My opinion Fener could fight for top 8.
                    Not really. Except for Larkin, and Larkin only started to play when Efes was already in the top 5 playoff teams. They brought Micic from Zalgris, and Micic played better than everyone expected, even better than Efes expected. That's the point. If a player plays far better than people expects, than that could change things.

CSKA bought Higgins from Gaziantep, and now he is one of the top guards in the Euroleague right now. If they asked you, before buying them from Zalgris and Gaziantep, you would say the same thing about Micic and Higgins, but they can improve, so every outcome is possible as we've seen before.

Also, there is nothing wrong about GS's previous roster, Ertugrul Erdogan did a great job by finding the good players, now many of that roster, went to Euroleague teams (such as Harris and Auguste)
                    FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Not really. Except for Larkin, and Larkin only started to play when Efes was already in the top 5 playoff teams. They brought Micic from Zalgris, and Micic played better than everyone expected, even better than Efes expected. That's the point. If a player plays far better than people expects, than that could change things.
                      As I said Larkin was more valuable then all six players that Fener brought until now. Or you don't think so? Beside him , Efes brought 5 experienced EL players. Baubois and Anderson had decent NBA careers too.
                      Your logic looks like gambling to me. we pick up some players and let's pray that they will boost with us. That's not way how serious team do transfers. Ataman didn't gamble at all. Even with Micic on Zalgiris level Efes could be great team. On the other side Beaubois played under his previous seasons so it's more or less everyting like expected except Larkin. That guy is difference maker.

CSKA bought Higgins from Gaziantep, and now he is one of the top guards in the Euroleague right now. If they asked you, before buying them from Zalgris and Gaziantep, you would say the same thing about Micic and Higgins, but they can improve, so every outcome is possible as we've seen before.
                      Higgins example is bad, at least when you are talking with me. There are still my posts in this forum about his transfer in CSKA when I bashed Gherardini for leting one of the best BSL foreigners to go outside, there are many post about bad scouting of Americans who play in Turkey. Even this season we brought just one foreign player from BSL.

Also, there is nothing wrong about GS's previous roster, Ertugrul Erdogan did a great job by finding the good players, now many of that roster, went to Euroleague teams (such as Harris and Auguste)
                      Of course, nothing wrong with them except they even couldn't fight for EC playoff, so I just could imagine what would happen with them in EL. But like I said we have De Colo and they didn't.
                      There is also chance for Vesely to come back in his previous form and much depends of that,

Comment

• We don't have the money to spend that Efes spent to rejuvenate the roster from the last place to F4, simple as that. We can discuss the selection of players but I think "gambling" or put in a kinder way bringing in unproven players was not a choice, but a necessity for us.
                        Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                        Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                        Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Gill not continuing with khimki
                          EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

Efes finished in the last place in the Euroleague 2018 season with winning only 7 games,

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

Then they played Final Four in the next season.

Every outcome is possible.
                            I think this is true in the EL. Right chemistry and the precise locking up of the individual parts are crucial in the EL, more so than the names themselves. Ataman & Alper Yilmaz quietly did an excellent job that summer that none of us could see coming at the time. We had continuously bashed them even .

so, this year's Fener is a mystery to me, but could be an exciting one. Last year, Lorenzo Brown was amazing in a several game stretch, for example, and if that can be replicated, anything is possible.
                            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                              If Campazzo leaves to NBA, we must pay Maccabi 2-3 M for Wilbekin the next day yes or yes.
                              Nikos tweeted that the rumors surrounding Wilbekin are baseless. We know that Real inquired Maccabi about his buyout in February, we know that Wilbekin has Turkish citizenship, we know he's been in trouble with the Israeli Basketball Federation lately, and we know that Maccabi is in tough financial position, so I think people saw all of that info and speculated "Wilbekin is not happy in Israel and wants to leave, and Real and Fener are the two main options." But Maccabi is going to fight to keep Wilbekin and Sfairopolous.

The Campazzo saga will be interesting to follow, though. He's the big domino that hasn't fallen yet. I know Pao supposedly has a verbal agreement with Laprovittola assuming that Campazzo stays -- what is Pao's backup plan there? It'll be interesting, to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
                                As I said Larkin was more valuable then all six players that Fener brought until now. Or you don't think so? Beside him , Efes brought 5 experienced EL players. Baubois and Anderson had decent NBA careers too.
                                Your logic looks like gambling to me. we pick up some players and let's pray that they will boost with us. That's not way how serious team do transfers. Ataman didn't gamble at all. Even with Micic on Zalgiris level Efes could be great team. On the other side Beaubois played under his previous seasons so it's more or less everyting like expected except Larkin. That guy is difference maker.

Higgins example is bad, at least when you are talking with me. There are still my posts in this forum about his transfer in CSKA when I bashed Gherardini for leting one of the best BSL foreigners to go outside, there are many post about bad scouting of Americans who play in Turkey. Even this season we brought just one foreign player from BSL.

Of course, nothing wrong with them except they even couldn't fight for EC playoff, so I just could imagine what would happen with them in EL. But like I said we have De Colo and they didn't.
                                There is also chance for Vesely to come back in his previous form and much depends of that,
                                And Larkin didn't even play in the first half of the league, that's the point, if the other players didn't carry that team Larkin couldn't find a playoff team where he could contribute in the second half of the year. If they relied on Larkin in the first half, they wouldn't be any different than the previous season failures. That kind of signings doesn't guarantee anything. Finding players who can improve themselves is important, which is why I pointed out the age difference between Ulanovas and Lucic, when you think that Lucic would be better, but the fact is Ulanovas is 3 years younger than Lucic, despite that Ulanovas has better experience in Euroleague than Lucic has (Ulanovas played Final Four and Playoffs, Lucic never did), he certainly can improve himself more than Lucic can, that's the kind of players we need to buy.

Those Efes players really were not in a different level than the one we bought, when Efes first bought them. You can argue that they are slightly better, because now they performed better in Efes, but before Efes buying them, they really were not. And you are saying Beaubois is a difference maker? He is definitely not, not unless I've watched a different player in Laboral, he wasn't. We already know people discusssed if Anderson is actually better than Ulanovas or not. And there shouldn't be even a discussion if Pleiss is better than Hamilton or not, Pleiss is definitely not better, even now in Efes.

GS team didn't have many rotation players, they have 3 or 4 very good players, and they mainly focused on Turkish BSL league, they were at the top 4 in the Turkish BSL league, it's a league where there are good teams like Fenerbahçe, Efes, Tofaş and Karşıyaka etc. It's the second best European league after Spanish league. You can't expect from a limited roster like that to move forward both in EC playoffs and in the Turkish BSL league, their main focus was the Turkish league, and that's natural. Then Harrison, Poythress, Auguste went to Euroleague teams in the next season, they didn't go to Eurocup teams. To underestimate their players would be mistake.

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                                I think this is true in the EL. Right chemistry and the precise locking up of the individual parts are crucial in the EL, more so than the names themselves. Ataman & Alper Yilmaz quietly did an excellent job that summer that none of us could see coming at the time. We had continuously bashed them even .

so, this year's Fener is a mystery to me, but could be an exciting one. Last year, Lorenzo Brown was amazing in a several game stretch, for example, and if that can be replicated, anything is possible.
                                I think the key was Micic, no one expected but he improved very good and that affected the team, if one of those players improves like that, then everything is possible. Which is why we need to see how the season is going to start first, it's too soon to talk certain yet.
                                FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information