This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenerbahçe and James Gist rumors

First Kenan Sipahi (not official yet), now Gist? Why not bring in Willie Solomon too we need someone who can shoot
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by Demetrios I. Soter View Post
      Anyway, very important is 1.PG for us, all hope is in Laprovitolla. But this transfer will only happen if Campazzo stays in Real, so it is a poker that Pana can´t lose because otherwise
      it will be very difficult to replace qualitatively as I dont want a chinese league player to take over.

for the last spot PF there is no hurry.
      I think it's easy to find an american as good as Laprovittola for the same or even less money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
        I think it's easy to find an american as good as Laprovittola for the same or even less money.
        will he then have the experience in europe. Lapro was ACB MVP and is in a top team. Kindly name me some within our budget. I think lapro fits not just because his quality but also his personality, he's snappy.
        Can you plaese share Oly´s roster, is it closed? I feel like you will be a little undersized. Congrats to Sloukas anyway!

Comment

• I think both rosters are too weak for the playoffs. The best thing greek teams could do now is to let greek players make the next step like Kalaitzakis. I also would have bought Rogkavopoulos instead of Larentzakis. Its similar stupid move to Fenerbahces Sipahi move. Every other move would have made more sense.

Comment

American pg will always be a risk. I dont want a Baldwin or Cherry for first pg. Laprovitola is by far a safer choise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demetrios I. Soter View Post
              will he then have the experience in europe. Lapro was ACB MVP and is in a top team. Kindly name me some within our budget. I think lapro fits not just because his quality but also his personality, he's snappy.
              Can you plaese share Oly´s roster, is it closed? I feel like you will be a little undersized. Congrats to Sloukas anyway!
              Real looked very average with him on the court. I'm not as knowledgeable as others on the american guards market but every year there seem to be at least a couple cheap players that find themselves in euroleague rosters and are better than what Laprovittola has shown.

The roster is
              PG:Sloukas, Jenkins
              SG:Spanoulis, Harrison, Larentzakis
              SF:Papanikolaou, Mckissic
              SF/PF: Vezenkov
              PF: Printezis, Livio
              C: Ellis, Hassan

It's basically closed. I could only see a 3rd center added, maybe Christidis from the development team.

There are no 7-footers but Bartzokas doesn't like playing with 7-footers anyway and our defence looked so much better with Ellis instead of Milutinov that I'll gladly sacrifice 1-2 rebounds.

Comment

Real looked very average with him on the court. I'm not as knowledgeable as others on the american guards market but every year there seem to be at least a couple cheap players that find themselves in euroleague rosters and are better than what Laprovittola has shown.

The roster is
                PG:Sloukas, Jenkins
                SG:Spanoulis, Harrison, Larentzakis
                SF:Papanikolaou, Mckissic
                SF/PF: Vezenkov
                PF: Printezis, Livio
                C: Ellis, Hassan

It's basically closed. I could only see a 3rd center added, maybe Christidis from the development team.

There are no 7-footers but Bartzokas doesn't like playing with 7-footers anyway and our defence looked so much better with Ellis instead of Milutinov that I'll gladly sacrifice 1-2 rebounds.
                Spanoulis is the no.1 SG of Olympiacos?

We should better put Dixon as no.1 SG in our roster, it looks like these guys don't seem to age.
                FENERBAHÇE
                --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by zubitos View Post
                  Any Turkich fan can inform me about Aaron Harrison??What's yours opinion about him? He can help Olympiacos?
                  Inconsistent scorer, he needs to be more consistent if he is going to play in Euroleague teams, he can't score 15 pts in one game, then 2 pts in the next.

He is a very good player for a team like Galatasaray, they had very low budget after Ergin Ataman's departure, and they had no championship goal in BSL Turkish league since then, it's easy to play in that kind of team in comparison with a Euroleague team.

But I think he can still contribute more than 37 years old Spanoulis, and there is also Sloukas too, you guys should leave the team to Sloukas. And then Jenkins and Harrison.
                  FENERBAHÇE
                  --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                  --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                  --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                  --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                    Fenerbahçe and James Gist rumors

First Kenan Sipahi (not official yet), now Gist? Why not bring in Willie Solomon too we need someone who can shoot
                    I hope it's just rumors but if true they are realy pure idiots. It's art to find the only player on that position who is worse then Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                      Fenerbahçe and James Gist rumors

I liked your suggestion of Erceg recently!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                        Spanoulis is the no.1 SG of Olympiacos?

We should better put Dixon as no.1 SG in our roster, it looks like these guys don't seem to age.
                        Well,over the last years we always thought that finally Span will be just a tool for 10mins max but every transfer we made proved sub par.So we ended every season with Span hogging the ball playing 30mins.I dont think that this will be the case this year though cause last year's injury has to be the last nail in Span's coffin.

Comment

• Originally posted by berry View Post
                          Well,over the last years we always thought that finally Span will be just a tool for 10mins max but every transfer we made proved sub par.So we ended every season with Span hogging the ball playing 30mins.I dont think that this will be the case this year though cause last year's injury has to be the last nail in Span's coffin.
                          I'm afraid that this year's case will be similar, although this guard rotation seems to be very short. I'm also quite skeptical about the creation from guards position, although you don't have a pure PG in a roster. Sloukas should be your key player, but he is combo player, and no matter he played PG in whole Fenerbahce period, he is more SG, than pure PG to me. But ok, he should be your best player and main creator, although he is very intelligent player. But Jenkins on PG?! God no! I adore Charles, he is my favorite foreigner ever in CZ, pure heart and great person, but he is pure SG, that lost his shoot last couple of years. I mean, I like him a lot, but he was manly terrible last year in Zvezda. Not even a shadow of good old Charles, that was executing mid range shoots after a couple of dribble perfectly, and great, great penetrating in the rim. Even in his prime days, he was terrible in playing on PG position, like in 2016/2017 season in Zvezda, when he was brilliant until Jovic got injured, and team collapsed when Jenkins was transferred on PG position, due to Jovic injury, instead of giving the ball to Walters.
                          To sum up: you will miss the creation a lot, and I'm afraid that this will end with 37yo Spanoulis hogging the ball again, and that will be a problem for sure, although Sloukas has to be the main guy in a team, if you want him to be productive. You really need one more pure PG, to exchange with Sloukas, and to use Jenkins and Spanoulis 10-15 max, Jenkins as a defensive and transition weapon, and Spanoulis as an offensive choice, when you miss creation in attacking. Harrison should play the most. Transferred in average minutes on SG position, it should look like:
                          -Harrison 20min
                          -Jenkins 10min
                          -Spanoulis 10min
                          I don't believe that Larentzakis will get much minutes in EL, maybe some special minutes, when the game is decided

On the other hand, I really like you rotation on big's positions. Martin should be a great surprise for everybody, he is maybe a bit short, but really tough player, great PnR skills and great rebounder. Ellis is very tough player as well, and rotation on PF position is so versatile, all of 3 players can contribute, and all of them are quite different. Livio can contribute on C as well, in some small ball minutes. So, I don't believe that you will miss Milutinov a lot. Again the problem will might be a lack of pure PG, although your bigs are mostly dependable on him.
                          Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
                          SG/PG: Walden
                          SG: Loyd
                          SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
                          SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
                          PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
                          PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
                          C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

Comment

• I expect from Sloukas to be better in Oly then in Fener if they use him as combo rather then pure pg. Obra made big mistake with him and that's one of the reasons we stayed on just one title.

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
                              I expect from Sloukas to be better in Oly then in Fener if they use him as combo rather then pure pg. Obra made big mistake with him and that's one of the reasons we stayed on just one title.
                              One more reason to add a pure PG
                              Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
                              SG/PG: Walden
                              SG: Loyd
                              SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
                              SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
                              PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
                              PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
                              C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

Comment

• Originally posted by Gudura View Post
                                I'm afraid that this year's case will be similar, although this guard rotation seems to be very short. I'm also quite skeptical about the creation from guards position, although you don't have a pure PG in a roster. Sloukas should be your key player, but he is combo player, and no matter he played PG in whole Fenerbahce period, he is more SG, than pure PG to me. But ok, he should be your best player and main creator, although he is very intelligent player. But Jenkins on PG?! God no! I adore Charles, he is my favorite foreigner ever in CZ, pure heart and great person, but he is pure SG, that lost his shoot last couple of years. I mean, I like him a lot, but he was manly terrible last year in Zvezda. Not even a shadow of good old Charles, that was executing mid range shoots after a couple of dribble perfectly, and great, great penetrating in the rim. Even in his prime days, he was terrible in playing on PG position, like in 2016/2017 season in Zvezda, when he was brilliant until Jovic got injured, and team collapsed when Jenkins was transferred on PG position, due to Jovic injury, instead of giving the ball to Walters.
                                To sum up: you will miss the creation a lot, and I'm afraid that this will end with 37yo Spanoulis hogging the ball again, and that will be a problem for sure, although Sloukas has to be the main guy in a team, if you want him to be productive. You really need one more pure PG, to exchange with Sloukas, and to use Jenkins and Spanoulis 10-15 max, Jenkins as a defensive and transition weapon, and Spanoulis as an offensive choice, when you miss creation in attacking. Harrison should play the most. Transferred in average minutes on SG position, it should look like:
                                -Harrison 20min
                                -Jenkins 10min
                                -Spanoulis 10min
                                I don't believe that Larentzakis will get much minutes in EL, maybe some special minutes, when the game is decided

On the other hand, I really like you rotation on big's positions. Martin should be a great surprise for everybody, he is maybe a bit short, but really tough player, great PnR skills and great rebounder. Ellis is very tough player as well, and rotation on PF position is so versatile, all of 3 players can contribute, and all of them are quite different. Livio can contribute on C as well, in some small ball minutes. So, I don't believe that you will miss Milutinov a lot. Again the problem will might be a lack of pure PG, although your bigs are mostly dependable on him.
                                Thats the plan man.We took Jenkins for his defensive abilities.Im sure that its gonna be Sloukas-Harrison-McKisic on the floor and Jenkins-Span-Papanikolaou in rotation.Sloukas and Span will be making the plays.Our big bet is on the bigs,not creation and scoring.I have no idea what Martin and Livio are capable of.Ellis is a mediocre C and Vezenkof as PF is weak.I rest my hopes on Printezis being healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information