Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2019-20: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Also announced by Fenerbahce official account on twitter.

Meh move I'd think. Let's see.
    I agree that it’s kind of “meh” but I can’t think of any perimeter stoppers with decent shot abilities that have EL experience. Add to that that Nunally will not have lengthy adaptation times.

I would like him in Pao although almost anybody would be better than some of our current players
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Partizan linked with Lauvergne.

And Shelvin Mack linked with Baskonia.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    I agree that it’s kind of “meh” but I can’t think of any perimeter stoppers with decent shot abilities that have EL experience. Add to that that Nunally will not have lengthy adaptation times.

I would like him in Pao although almost anybody would be better than some of our current players
    No adaptation time and ability to make the 3 is what we can expect. Nunnally can also do a passable job when we do switch defense. His perimeter defense was terrible when he first came though, it was mediocre when he left.

All in all, you can't get a player who is the perfect fit in middle of the season. There will be a big overhaul in the summer, Thomas and Nunnally are only band-aid solutions for this season
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Yup. I agree vivo.

It’s the best you can do at this time of the year.

panathinaikos proposed fener a trade. willey for lauvergne
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    I read that too. Great proposal! He would help you a lot, especially defensively.

Why? Only thing Lauvergne can give them, Pao already has (inside scoring). He provides no interior defense. Wiley is also statistically better than him almost any aspect

http://www.overbasket.com/rscomparep...wcombo=1&run=1
    Şampiyonluk gelince

2 January: Players registered in the EuroLeague wishing to register for another club deadline
    So what's the point of such trades? Probably just some echoes from the past, but hardly possible in nearest future

In Serbian media they say that Lauvergne is close to Partizan. Just to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    In Serbian media they say that Lauvergne is close to Partizan. Just to mention.
    I've read it too, I'm a bit off from Partizan things lately, but remember the last time I was interested about their situation, their debts were decreasing, situation getting better, now they are thinking about Lauvergne... They should be in fine financial state nowadays. Or maybe some agents, Zeljko connections/tricks here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    So what's the point of such trades? Probably just some echoes from the past, but hardly possible in nearest future
    that was before christmas. the deadline was 27/12. but we learned about it yesterday

anyway,panathinaikos is more focused on looking for a guard. pappas and brown are most likely not considered part of the team. pitino tried to bring back kalaitzakis from lithuania (i guess for pappas place and we would get another one for brown) but the youngster said he wants to end the season there and return this summer to the team. he is doing a great job there,i wont be surprised even if he gets a call for the national team considering the fact that greece lacks of any guards behind calathes,sloukas and dorsey if he comes.
    rumours are we negotiating with jonathon simmons for that guard spot. looks like we are looking on the nba market for that after the rumours about meeks,now simmons
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Metec View Post
    Thanks for the extended update! It sounds like a real game-changer for Greek sports. Future sounds interesting.
    I'm super curious about the guy PAO will bring.
    PAO wasnt paying taxes anyway so that's no game changer for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    PAO wasnt paying taxes anyway so that's no game changer for them.
    Citation needed.

Kalinic is so bad this season that even Nunnally would be upgrade over him. If that is idea.. Because he must share his minutes with someone.
    On the other side we have big problem in frontcourt, maybe the worst in EL even after Thomas arrived. He is athletic and nothing more. Harmless in offense and nothing special under rim. He is just good in perimeter and p&r defense. 2 rebounds for 20mins is miserable for player who should be rim protector.
    De Colo and Datome saved our ass in key moments again. But if we are limited on just two players it's impossible to even dream about F4.

Good moment is that now Datome takes much more shoots then williams and Kalinic for 3pt and that's the main reason we can win games like this. We could have 3 more wins now if that was the case in previous games.
    Last edited by janketa; 01-04-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Senior Member Demetrios I. Soter's Avatar

that was before christmas. the deadline was 27/12. but we learned about it yesterday

anyway,panathinaikos is more focused on looking for a guard. pappas and brown are most likely not considered part of the team. pitino tried to bring back kalaitzakis from lithuania (i guess for pappas place and we would get another one for brown) but the youngster said he wants to end the season there and return this summer to the team. he is doing a great job there,i wont be surprised even if he gets a call for the national team considering the fact that greece lacks of any guards behind calathes,sloukas and dorsey if he comes.
    rumours are we negotiating with jonathon simmons for that guard spot. looks like we are looking on the nba market for that after the rumours about meeks,now simmons
    Replacing Pappas and Rion Brown with someone who delivers and defends at perimeter is a plus, ideal type: Adam Hanga. But what Pana needs is a fast and athletic starting center.
    With such roster, Pana can play for F4.

About Calathes
    he is so controversial because he is endowed with a special skill, his passing and game overview/understanding, that no other player has anywhere near. So he has this special abilities but has some special deficits with his inconstant shoot and therefore it is difficult to title his level undoubtedly. The fact is, including his weakness, he remains a top 5 guard and as a classic playmaker he is the best in the league because you can compensate his weakness by placing solid shooter around him (similar to the Bucks at Giannis) but you can´t learn a great shooter to have a great game overview/understanding.
    Panathinaikos could so far not build such roster, strong roster arround Calathes because the player budget was simply in the low midfield. We always hear Nick haven´t won a playoff as a measure of how good or bad he is, but we hear nothing about that he always made the top 8 as it is a matter of course. It is an absolute rarity that a team with players budget 10 mio wins the playoffs, the last years shown.
    In my opinion, Calathes should focus primarily on playmaker tasks and good defense and not taking to many shoots, his stats should be 10 points 10 assist plus some reb´s. The game should never dependent on his shoot but rather on his playmaker skills, so it is advisable that he should not be tempted to take to many shoots too early in the game to not let his shooting depending his game and thus the whole result of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Kalinic is so bad this season that even Nunnally would be upgrade over him. If that is idea.. Because he must share his minutes with someone.
    On the other side we have big problem in frontcourt, maybe the worst in EL even after Thomas arrived. He is athletic and nothing more. Harmless in offense and nothing special under rim. He is just good in perimeter and p&r defense. 2 rebounds for 20mins is miserable for player who should be rim protector.
    De Colo and Datome saved our ass in key moments again. But if we are limited on just two players it's impossible to even dream about F4.

Good moment is that now Datome takes much more shoots then williams and Kalinic for 3pt and that's the main reason we can win games like this. We could have 3 more wins now if that was the case in previous games.
    Kalinic was really bad, though he shows signs of life in the last games. I think we will play more small ball so Kalinic will have minutes at 4.

Thomas gives what is expected so far - pick and roll offense and defense, can stay in front of shorter players in perimeter. Any blocks he does is a plus. I would also like our bigs to get more rebounds, but it seems we are going back to our switch defense scheme of last years, so our smaller players need to contribute to rebounds anyway as bigs will frequently be out on perimeter.

I agree about the character display of Datome and De Colo in key moments, they were immense in Oly game.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

The problem with ZOC is imo that he looks for certain profiles as players. You can be low in talent as long as you work hard and it takes him way too long to part away with guys. That normally leads to long contracts and overpaid players.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios I. Soter View Post
    Replacing Pappas and Rion Brown with someone who delivers and defends at perimeter is a plus, ideal type: Adam Hanga. But what Pana needs is a fast and athletic starting center.
    With such roster, Pana can play for F4.

About Calathes
    he is so controversial because he is endowed with a special skill, his passing and game overview/understanding, that no other player has anywhere near. So he has this special abilities but has some special deficits with his inconstant shoot and therefore it is difficult to title his level undoubtedly. The fact is, including his weakness, he remains a top 5 guard and as a classic playmaker he is the best in the league because you can compensate his weakness by placing solid shooter around him (similar to the Bucks at Giannis) but you can´t learn a great shooter to have a great game overview/understanding.
    Panathinaikos could so far not build such roster, strong roster arround Calathes because the player budget was simply in the low midfield. We always hear Nick haven´t won a playoff as a measure of how good or bad he is, but we hear nothing about that he always made the top 8 as it is a matter of course. It is an absolute rarity that a team with players budget 10 mio wins the playoffs, the last years shown.
    In my opinion, Calathes should focus primarily on playmaker tasks and good defense and not taking to many shoots, his stats should be 10 points 10 assist plus some reb´s. The game should never dependent on his shoot but rather on his playmaker skills, so it is advisable that he should not be tempted to take to many shoots too early in the game to not let his shooting depending his game and thus the whole result of the game.
    Pitino believes that the problem is first line of defence where only calathes can guard. And then johnson and papapetrou but neither is good playing as a sg. Mitoglou as a center can work too,so priority is a good defensive guard that can help closing lanes to tge basket for enemy guards and help with close out defence. Jonathon simmons is a great choice if this happens
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Senior Member Demetrios I. Soter's Avatar

Pitino believes that the problem is first line of defence where only calathes can guard. And then johnson and papapetrou but neither is good playing as a sg. Mitoglou as a center can work too,so priority is a good defensive guard that can help closing lanes to tge basket for enemy guards and help with close out defence. Jonathon simmons is a great choice if this happens
    Understand the benefits Jonathon Simmons "could" deliver. But I dont believe we can expect Mitouglou to play constant nearly his CSKA game, he played against Hines, very strong body but massive undersized C. Not saying that was the reason for his preformance but just dont believe that he can boost so much as Pana´s froncourt needs. With regard to the playoffs, even if it is still much too early, it may be enough for our froncourt against Efes or CSKA (thanks to Kostas Kofous) but against Barcelona, Maccabi, Madrid it will be our big weak spot.

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Kalinic was really bad, though he shows signs of life in the last games. I think we will play more small ball so Kalinic will have minutes at 4.

Thomas gives what is expected so far - pick and roll offense and defense, can stay in front of shorter players in perimeter. Any blocks he does is a plus. I would also like our bigs to get more rebounds, but it seems we are going back to our switch defense scheme of last years, so our smaller players need to contribute to rebounds anyway as bigs will frequently be out on perimeter.

I agree about the character display of Datome and De Colo in key moments, they were immense in Oly game.
    Ok, we have what we have and that's it. This team must carry the season until the end. The main question how Zoc will use Datome.
    If he give him more freedom and 50% of shooting will be taken by De Colo and him we could survive maybe.
    Rest of the team must play their limited roles and stop acting heroes.

When Vesely returns we could make something under basket too, but it's question if he will ever be in mvp mode again.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast