This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
    I never bashed them, from the start it was obvious smart transfer movement with budget not bigger then this year Fener's.
    That was one of the greatest roster change for that money in the history. But without Larkin it would be like Pianigiani episode in Fener.

There are people here who claim how Larkin didn't played well first part of the season and didn't contribute. They are ignorant or malicious if they think so. Larkin is type of player who lift the whole team with his presence on the court. He is great player and great person, pure leader of the team. That was obvious even in months when his performance wasn't such great as in later part of the season.
    Easy to say this in hindsight. Larkin elevated the level a notch, but the team itself was playing "beautiful bball". with or without him. I remember even here people were surprised. And no, they would not have been another Pianigiani episode, come on .

Fener now has a much weaker roster with a few interesting pieces. I was just reiterating the cliché that they also can surprise us all "if they click". (ok, it's a bit more difficult than Efes's case considering the incomparable levels of fan pressure).
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
      Easy to say this in hindsight. Larkin elevated the level a notch, but the team itself was playing "beautiful bball". with or without him. I remember even here people were surprised. And no, they would not have been another Pianigiani episode, come on .

Fener now has a much weaker roster with a few interesting pieces. I was just reiterating the cliché that they also can surprise us all "if they click". (ok, it's a bit more difficult than Efes's case considering the incomparable levels of fan pressure).
      It wasn't with or without him, he was injured just very short period, as I remember maybe two weeks. He was present all the time

Point is that Ataman made smart market moves and all players were part of that plan. It's not just Larkin, but without him there is no guaranty if that team would make something bigger then playoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by edvinas9 View Post
        Landale is still under contract.
        You're right. I thought he was free but waiting on the NBA, but he's still under contract for another year.

Zenit announced that their roster is now closed.

Comment

I never bashed them, from the start it was obvious smart transfer movement with budget not bigger then this year Fener's.
          That was one of the greatest roster change for that money in the history. But without Larkin it would be like Pianigiani episode in Fener.

There are people here who claim how Larkin didn't played well first part of the season and didn't contribute. They are ignorant or malicious if they think so. Larkin is type of player who lift the whole team with his presence on the court. He is great player and great person, pure leader of the team. That was obvious even in months when his performance wasn't such great as in later part of the season.
          You are the one being ignorant or malicious janketa Efes seriously thought to replace Larkin with another player after Larkin not performing anything significant on the court in the first half of the 2018-19 season, didn't you know that?

But they talked with Larkin several times and they persuaded Larkin to play alongside with Micic at the same time on the court. Larkin's problem was; he wanted to play more than anyone, and he wanted Efes to be his team, not Micic's or anyone elses, they needed to persuade Larkin during the middle of the season, and after Larkin accepting Micic's leading role in the team Larkin finally started to contribute in the second half of the year in 2018-19 season. Of course, the staff also made the necessary arrangements for their game play, and they admitted that they noticed playing with Micic and Larkin at the same would be even more suitable on the court, (which was kind of luck for Efes), and then they have become even a better team. And they were already a playoff team with Micic, and they added Larkin, and they even become better.

We failed to find the player who can play alongside with De Colo on the court in the previous year, Sloukas wasn't that player. Sloukas is a great player, but they were not suitable like Micic and Larkin. Perhaps Lorenzo can be that player with De Colo, we will see.
          FENERBAHÇE
          --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
          --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
          --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
          --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

This is easy to say in hindsight. Go back and read the opinions on Larkin midway through the 2018-19 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by GatorsGators View Post
              This is easy to say in hindsight. Go back and read the opinions on Larkin midway through the 2018-19 season.
              What hindsight? I was always aware of his quality. There are many posts from those period.

This is one after Pao game

Originally posted by janketa View Post
              Efes is still missing Larkin, bad form in the beginning and injury after that, but he is the man that could fill those offensive black holes in Efes game that occur sometimes.
              Pao missed too many open shoots tonight and that helped Efes a lot

And another one.

Originally posted by janketa View Post
              I don't agree about Efes and prediction based just on hard schedule. This Efes roster is one of the best in the competition without single weak spot(except maybe Moerman). They will lose games of course, but so will other teams and at the end I expect them in fight for F4. It's hard even to imagine what will be when Larkin starts to play with full potential and then anything could happen..

Comment

• About Micic's improvement between 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons;

Micic in 2017-18 season with Zalgris: 22 min, 7.7 pts, %35 3pts, %46 2pts, 2.2 reb, 4.2 ast, 8.6 PIR
                Micic in 2018-19 season with Efes: 28 min, 12.4 pts, %37 3pts, %58 2pts, 2.2 reb, 5.5 ast, 13.9 PIR

Of course Micic himself was not the only reason for this improvement, Ataman's style gives more freedom to the guards in comparison with Saras's basketball system. They also put the right role players around Micic.

When you look back for this move back in the 2018, you wouldn't say Micic is a great signing, but they surprised everyone, so Efes reached the Final Four with Micic's unexpected performances.

We bought this type of players, who can also improve with the right game play and with the right game style, if one those players improves like this, then everything is possible. I also heard that, we will give more freedom to the players on this season, just like Efes gave it to Micic, which is why the improvement is possible. But if there won't be any improvement (which is also possible) in any of the players we've bought (such as Lorenzo, Ulanovas, Barthel etc.) then I think we can still fight for the last playoff spots (such as 6th, 7th etc.) even with the current roster and without even any unexpected player improvement.
                FENERBAHÇE
                --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

• I was hoping for a high ceiling (high risk high reward) guard that could possibly take the reins. We don't have the money for a proven version of such a player (e.g. Wilbekin), and we have too many players who needs assists to score. I'm not sure if Brown, De Colo, Westermann core is enough to create for others. Maybe we'll grab someone cut from NBA
                  Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                  Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                  Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                    I'm not sure if Brown, De Colo, Westermann core is enough to create for others. Maybe we'll grab someone cut from NBA
                    It will be a different season for these players. In our previous system, we were playing over PF and Centers more, which is why when Vesely was injured we were in trouble. In this year we will play over guards and small forwards more. Which is why I wanted Sloukas to stay in Fenerbahçe, but we had to send him because he wanted to be in Greece. I am sure he will play better in Oly in the next season in comparison with our last season.

I believe Lorenzo and Westermann can be more effective in the next season, because they will find better positions and game plays with our new system. Even 37 years old Dixon can be useful with the new system. And De Colo is still De Colo, even with the previous system he was still scoring good, now it could be even better in the next season.
                    FENERBAHÇE

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                      I was hoping for a high ceiling (high risk high reward) guard that could possibly take the reins. We don't have the money for a proven version of such a player (e.g. Wilbekin), and we have too many players who needs assists to score. I'm not sure if Brown, De Colo, Westermann core is enough to create for others. Maybe we'll grab someone cut from NBA
                      I am seeing similar problems. I am sure that Fenerbahce right now will have big problems to run the whole picture

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                        If Campazzo leaves to NBA, we must pay Maccabi 2-3 M for Wilbekin the next day yes or yes.
                        When Wilbekin signed on his contract extension earlier this year, option to leave to Europe was specifically removed from his contract. So all this is pure, unadulterated bullshit. Things change, but I don't see Maccabi letting him go.

On the other hand, Amare Stodemayor probably just bought himself another season in Maccabi by being MVP of Israeli final four, with very good game. Oh, Maccabi became Israeli champion tonight. BTW.
                        Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 07-28-2020, 08:10 PM.
                        Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

• Malcolm Thomas to Bayern, what mediocre move

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
                            Oh, Maccabi became Israeli champion tonight. BTW.
                            Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                              Congrats!
                              Thanks!

Now we need to sign 2-3 more players, and wait for next season. Oh and whomever is crying about Bryant - he has a contract for next year and most probably will stay. Jake Cohen is asking for too much money and probably will leave, Acy probably will stay, even though he is a bit too expensive in current situation. DiBa probably will stay, even though he has no contract yet. So Maccabi needs Center/PF, maybe SF too.
                              Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

• It looks like we are not going to pay a buyout for Kenan Sipahi, he will sign as a loan player for 1 year.
                                FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information