• Show
Clear All

• Panathinaikos Roster will probably be

1.Laprovitola, transfer(Mantzaris?), Bochoridis
    2.Nedovic, Foster,
    3.Papapetrou, Sant-Roos, Kaselakis
    4.Mitoglou, (Whittington), Bentil
    5. Papagiannis, Auguste

Not too bad for 5-6 millions budget. Reaching top 8 will be very difficult.The fan base has already accepted it...

Comment

• Originally posted by prasinos View Post
      Panathinaikos Roster will probably be

2.Nedovic, Foster,
      5. Papagiannis, Auguste

Not too bad for 5-6 millions budget. Reaching top 8 will be very difficult.The fan base has already accepted it...
      Mitoglou is never ahead of Wittington.

Comment

• I like PAO roster. I think it is very balanced and built on clear basketball idea and philosophy. Yes, it is a bargain hunting roster for a much reduced budget, basically they are trying to do what Zvezda and Zalgiris do all the time. The downside is the lack of affordable Greeks that can play EL to help them along.

I like all the moves of PAO expect Foster. Whittington add would be great as well.

Comment

• Some question marks on my mind about PAO. The health situation of Nedovic and Wittington and the utilizing of the Bigs by the play makers. Auguste is a all around better player in comparison to his PAO time but still the jump and run guy. Papagiannis on the other hand cant create anything, has just a unreliable hook shot and always profited from Calathes passing skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
            Mitoglou is never ahead of Wittington.
            yes, whittington would be first.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
              I like PAO roster. I think it is very balanced and built on clear basketball idea and philosophy. Yes, it is a bargain hunting roster for a much reduced budget, basically they are trying to do what Zvezda and Zalgiris do all the time. The downside is the lack of affordable Greeks that can play EL to help them along.

I like all the moves of PAO expect Foster. Whittington add would be great as well.
              Yes, about Foster we will see. I think Pana wanted someone with iso game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                Some question marks on my mind about PAO. The health situation of Nedovic and Wittington and the utilizing of the Bigs by the play makers. Auguste is a all around better player in comparison to his PAO time but still the jump and run guy. Papagiannis on the other hand cant create anything, has just a unreliable hook shot and always profited from Calathes passing skills.
                In any case Nedovic is the risk worth for 500K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                  Apparently Vatutin said that Sant-Roos was released due to budget cuts. Mindozas said he keeps complaining about money, despite the signings they already made.
                  Seems to me this time it's not too much complaining when 6 players left and only 2 were added. Mind you that Hines, Voro and especially Koufos were very expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demetrios I. Soter View Post
                    I think that the new Pana management has made it clear, this season is about saving the association and I think the majority understand this. It is relatively easy, we know that we can´t have ambitions for top 8 this season
                    but we also know that we are the most successful team since euroleague 2000, there is not other team won it all so often since then. Imagine Pana would have within all this time a top tier budget as real, barca and cska had (if I am not wrong) there would be most likely more titles.
                    I measure the quality of the roster and tranfers only in relation to the available budget, so from that point of view I can´t agree that our signing are medicore, I think out of the 6Mio for net player, they made a very good job until now. It was said that Diamantidis and Alvertis personally recruit the players, speaking to them and that is a strong move.
                    Yes, Panathinakos budget is by far the smallest I can think of but so what, there will come a better time again. We will still beat the one or other team of double and trible or more budget.
                    Thanks for explaining. Outside Nedović (if healthy) I really don't see quality even compared to signings of e.g. zvezda. I am sure you will come back, question is when. But not one of the until now signed players is someone who can be called Top20 on his position in Europe except Neda. I still expected a strong move but apperently PAO really will try tu build up and take this season eaay. Will be interesting to follow. Good luck.

Comment

• releasing bryant while dorsey confirm is the classical maccabi overturned view of reality.
                      i was happy oh dorsey add last year. i know his potentail but day by dy, till yesterdy night when we won by one the derby match vs hapoel that we were loosing because of his absurd forced action, he showed he cant play at el level. He clearely think being a mix between harden and saras. kind of a superior player in Europe. a superman landed on european bball among poor humans from another divine Dimention, something that its easy to learn just seeing his individualist absurd actions.
                      i awalys waited for him. now i think his confirm, as acy's, is the main mta weakness

Comment

• Originally posted by prasinos View Post
                        Panathinaikos Roster will probably be

2.Nedovic, Foster,
                        5. Papagiannis, Auguste

good considering budget. i'm agree. if coach will org his org based on ball moviment for shooters, u can hve chances for f8, something hard with such a busget

Comment

• Originally posted by iraz View Post
                          Seems to me this time it's not too much complaining when 6 players left and only 2 were added. Mind you that Hines, Voro and especially Koufos were very expensive.
                          That is true. You have signed Shengelia and Milutinov so it does sound a surprising to complain about money but you're right that they must have saved a lot with those departures. Although Mike James got new contract too.

Comment

• Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                            releasing bryant while dorsey confirm is the classical maccabi overturned view of reality.
                            i was happy oh dorsey add last year. i know his potentail but day by dy, till yesterdy night when we won by one the derby match vs hapoel that we were loosing because of his absurd forced action, he showed he cant play at el level. He clearely think being a mix between harden and saras. kind of a superior player in Europe. a superman landed on european bball among poor humans from another divine Dimention, something that its easy to learn just seeing his individualist absurd actions.
                            i awalys waited for him. now i think his confirm, as acy's, is the main mta weakness
                            Everyone on Maccabi played terribly yesterday besides Zoosman, really. Dorsey proved he can be an integral part of an EL team in the second half of this past EL season, and I wouldn't change my opinion on him because of a chaotic coronavirus-season game.

But we're in agreement that losing Bryant would be a disaster. If Maccabi is completely sitting out of free agency this year, it at least has to keep its core together, and Bryant is a huge part of that core.

Comment

• Why did Rion Brown play so little in Pao last season?

Comment

• Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                                releasing bryant while dorsey confirm is the classical maccabi overturned view of reality.
                                He is not going to be release
                                2022/2023:
                                PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                                SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                                SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                                PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                                PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information