Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You must be joking, who trained Ömer Aşık? Fenerbahçe also raised one of the best Turkish players in the history (İbrahim Kutluay) and he joined Efes later. They are from our youth development. Even Doğuş Balbay is from Fenerbahçe youth development, and he is the captain of Efes right now, who is taking more minutes than any other Turkish player in the team. Berk Uğurlu, Can maxim, Berkay Candan are all from our youth development teams.
    Why are you coming up with guys from 15 years ago. Fenerbahce has been lead by 1 allmighty coach for 7 years. When Fenerbahce had guys like Kutluay or Asik it also had a second team in the Turkish second league and not only Fenerbahce but also Efes. Todays best Turkish prospects from my team Bandirma made their jumps because of the heavy minutes in the second league among men.

Where did Berk gain heavy minutes and developed. Karsiyaka. Can Maxim Mutaf or Berkay Candan or even James Metecan Birsen couldnt develop in your system because either their are untalented or made bad career decisions. The fact of the matter is you couldnt add one guy who could even take a tiny role in your team.

We didn't continue with Egehan Arna because of the budget, I heard that for some reason we were overpaying him for a young player and he just didn't have the reach the potential to play at Euroleague level quickly. Probably he will 2 or 3 years later, but we didn't have time for that, some players grow slowly, some players grow quickly, not everytime you can expect them to grow quickly, some players needs more time for the top level, Arna was one of those players we needs a little more time, it's easy to blame the coach and the staff.
    Arna was one of top 3 guys from the 96-97 generation. Many other guys who were behind him developed much better than him because they have been playing for years. Arna got his 200k - 350k dollar and was sitting in the five years knowing that hell never play. His body hasnt changed a bit.

If we return to our main topic, we can use Sipahi like Balbay at defense and passing the ball, but Sipahi has one more advantage in comparison with Balbay, he actually started to use his size advantage more at Betis, I've mentioned the size disadvantages that Larkin and Campazzo has before, and I said that's one of the reasons why many NBA teams are not preferring them as their no.1 or no.2 guards,

If Sipahi can do this post-up game to Campazzo, imagine what other physically stronger NBA guards can do?
    The point is not if you can use him. You can even use an amateur old basketball player like me.

The question is if he suits the team or not. If there are teams with better rotations it means just the probabilty is high that youll lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
      Why are you coming up with guys from 15 years ago. Fenerbahce has been lead by 1 allmighty coach for 7 years. When Fenerbahce had guys like Kutluay or Asik it also had a second team in the Turkish second league and not only Fenerbahce but also Efes. Todays best Turkish prospects from my team Bandirma made their jumps because of the heavy minutes in the second league among men.

Where did Berk gain heavy minutes and developed. Karsiyaka. Can Maxim Mutaf or Berkay Candan or even James Metecan Birsen couldnt develop in your system because either their are untalented or made bad career decisions. The fact of the matter is you couldnt add one guy who could even take a tiny role in your team.

Arna was one of top 3 guys from the 96-97 generation. Many other guys who were behind him developed much better than him because they have been playing for years. Arna got his 200k - 350k dollar and was sitting in the five years knowing that hell never play. His body hasnt changed a bit.

The point is not if you can use him. You can even use an amateur old basketball player like me.

The question is if he suits the team or not. If there are teams with better rotations it means just the probabilty is high that youll lose.
      Then why are you talking about the last year, or before that, or about 5 or 6 years before? Then you are complaining about returning to the past 15 years before. The past is past, you can't judge it by saying 2 or 3 years, or 10, 15 years. Is there a difference between winning championships 3 years before and 10 years before? No. The past is past.

As for Sipahi, since we are going to change our system, Sipahi can actually find the chance to use his post-up game with our new system during the minutes he takes in Turkish league. That was the point I was trying to make, we will use a very different system than the previous year.
      FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
        Not bad, but maccabeo will be unhappy with his 3p%...
        whule i guess u are waiting to cheer him at the airport..

Comment

• Zoran Dragić re-signs with Baskonia for the next season. He played quite well in ACB play-offs and Dusko wanted to keep an 'experienced/veteran' guy amongst a lot of youngsters in the roster, a Baskonia roster that btw according to Chema de Lucas may not be closed at all, but it seems that unless a big opportunity from NBA discards appears (though Baskonia scout Alfredo Salazar is among the best in Europe if that happens) ... Baskonia seems to have a lot of confidence (too much to be fair) on Kurucs, Raieste and Sedekerskis, I'd rather sign that extra shooter, or we will have serious difficulties to fight for top 8 in the upcoming EL season.

"Provisional-final" roster:

Luca Vildoza - Pierriá Henry
          Khadeen Carrington - Arturs Kurucs
          Rokas Giedraitis - Zoran Dragic - Sander Raieste
          Alec Peters - Achille Polonara - Tadas Sedekerskis
          Tonye Jekiri - Ilimane Diop - Youssoupha Fall

Comment

I won't claim Fener was succesful in the integration of young players, but you are a bit biased. His body hasn't changed a bit you say, is that on coaching or him? If you aren't developing as a player in like five years there's a a lot of blame to go around, not only towards the team. Even Nunnally improved his perimeter defense here lol.
            Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
            Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
            Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
              I won't claim Fener was succesful in the integration of young players, but you are a bit biased. His body hasn't changed a bit you say, is that on coaching or him? If you aren't developing as a player in like five years there's a a lot of blame to go around, not only towards the team. Even Nunnally improved his perimeter defense here lol.
              Then let me ask one question. If it is on him... you can wait one year, two years, maybe even 3 years but why 5 years?

The most expensive guy on Zvezdas roster gets 400k and Arna got last season 350. Do you see the problem here? If you dont have a plan about a player but have suspicions that he might turn to a solid player why not loan him?

The simple answer of all these questions your management and the coach didnt give a shit. Of course its the players problem if he doesnt want to make the next step but the problem of wasting money still remains. This mismanagement brought the club in this financial situation where it is right now.

They must have understood the problem and applied officially for a second team in the second league. Karsiyaka by the way did it too.

The same accuse goes to Efes too by the bay as long as they dont loan Mustafa Kurtuldum or Ömercan Ilyasoglu because they dont have much room to play and they must start playing but from what I heard from Alper Yilmaz the GM of Efes. He observes the situation and talks with Ataman. Saybir is a different question. He can fight even for Euroleague minutes.

So the approach "he has got enough chances but he couldnt use them" doesnt work. Even if you dont care about young guys staying on the bench because of the money you waste your own money so a plan in the future is strongly needed.

Comment

Then let me ask one question. If it is on him... you can wait one year, two years, maybe even 3 years but why 5 years?

The most expensive guy on Zvezdas roster gets 400k and Arna got last season 350. Do you see the problem here? If you dont have a plan about a player but have suspicions that he might turn to a solid player why not loan him?
                Because:
                1) Some players are late bloomers
                2) There's a minimum number of Turkish players you need to have, and it doesn't make sense to change those players every year

I am not absolving Fener or Efes or anything. All I'm saying is foreigner limit makes Turkish players complacent, so they don't need to develop unless they have a goal of going to NBA or something.
                OR, if Egehan was working hard but this was as good as he could have been, Fener should have sent him away already and take chances on a cheaper, younger player.
                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Some players are late bloomers
                  No flower is expected to bloom after 5 years

2) There's a minimum number of Turkish players you need to have, and it doesn't make sense to change those players every year
                  The change is needed after some time if the player doesnt develop as expected

I am not absolving Fener or Efes or anything. All I'm saying is foreigner limit makes Turkish players complacent, so they don't need to develop unless they have a goal of going to NBA or something.
                  Totally open competition doesnt work either because you have full fledged, expensive foreigners against 18-19 year old guys and there are too few coaches who are willing to get beheaded for a player so a certain help is needed. Look at Bandirma, Tofas or other teams. It works but you need a plan and choose the right guys. If your most eager and talented guys leave you, it means you do something wrong.

The problem of Fener is not the limitation but its own system or lets say being out of a system.

Comment

• Vesely zu Barça??

Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                      Hope it for your sake. Saving money for the next next season is the best you can do now.

Comment

Hope it for your sake. Saving money for the next next season is the best you can do now.
                        He is paid way too much money so yes. I don't think Barça is made of gold too though, probably he will stay here.
                        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Efes signs Erten Gazi from Fordham University officially. He is PG and 23 year old. He shot 37,2 from three last season and is 190cm tall

Comment

• PAO signed Aaron White for 1 year.

Comment

• ''Well, Barca needs one more big man, but that has nothing to do with Jan Vesely. As I have clarified since July 7 Vesely is staying with Fener. His contract which has NO outs is expiring in 2022.''
                              FENERBAHÇE
                              --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                              --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                              --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                              --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• My opinion is that Panathinaikos made one helluva job with the budget they have. Very very solid team, huge offensive potential with the tough home court they have they can be in TOP 8 no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information