Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague/Club Competition 2019-20: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Obviously some oly guys read my comment about Chara and decided to get him to Oly again. Havent watched him for ages. I am curious how he developed.

cherry and reed will leave olympiakos cause they are bad boys (like webber,toupane last year). milutinov was supposed to be out for 20 days but today he felt better and will come back way sooner than expected. charalampopoulos might return to olympiakos before the summer. kemzura is also near the exit and other players as well. live your myth in peiraius.
    but like DPG had promised them, he will destroy them. they found a funny fairytale with the "until the end" story to hide their inability to pay their players to calm down the red sheep,but reality and karma are both both bitches. and their team's season proves how idiot and silly was anyone who believed that olympiakos had a plan and all this was a plan to reveal the bad giannakopoulos and the bad panathinaikos. btw they promised their fans they will make a team for 2020 final4 last june,they promised them sloukas,delaney,adams during the summer and they ended up with baldwin and cherry.

here is the typical oly fan during this time
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Obviously some oly guys read my comment about Chara and decided to get him to Oly again. Havent watched him for ages. I am curious how he developed.
    Average player at best. Poor man's Vezenkov. Non athletic and soft.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Lauvergne stays at Fener with his fat contract. Fuck.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    lol

Serves them right.

Yeah, we learned that it's not exactly we wanted to continue with Lauvergne, he had a contract that he can continue if he wants with that +1 year option. I wonder who agreed that contract, I guess it's mainly Gherardini, and he really surprised me with this. He usually wouldn't do this kind of one-sided and risky contracts, I guess this is his biggest mistake so far in Fenerbahçe. Lauvergne before coming to us wasn't a big name, he was a good player but we could always choose another players with less risky contracts, I've no idea what they were thinking when they were agreeing to that.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010-11(2), 2013, 2016, 2019-20(2) Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007-08(2), 2010-11(2), 2014, 2016-18(3) Turkish BSL Champion ---
    --- 2015-19(5) EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague Champion ---

The entire roster is a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Yeah, we learned that it's not exactly we wanted to continue with Lauvergne, he had a contract that he can continue if he wants with that +1 year option. I wonder who agreed that contract, I guess it's mainly Gherardini, and he really surprised me with this. He usually wouldn't do this kind of one-sided and risky contracts, I guess this is his biggest mistake so far in Fenerbahçe. Lauvergne before coming to us wasn't a big name, he was a good player but we could always choose another players with less risky contracts, I've no idea what they were thinking when they were agreeing to that.
    Yeah, well, I don't recall anyone saying it is outrageous to give Lauvergne a 2 year contract when we first signed him. His salary is too much for this current firm but let's remember that he was a big that rebounds well, can finish under the rim, and hit the occasional 3 in the past. Nowadays after the injury and what not he has become a player who can only finish under the rim in offense and is a big black hole in defense. I believe we also tried to get out of his contract in the summer but he enjoys getting paid without even trying apparently.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    lol

Serves them right.
    Yeah, Lauvergne getting injured and becoming a shell of his old self really showed Gherardini... Lol

I love how people don't say anything when a move is made, but then act like they knew what would happen all along
    Şampiyonluk gelince

I was one of the few(too lazy to search for it and quote myself), that told you, Fener fans, that Lauvergne is not the best solution for you. Even without injuries, he is an average center, without shooting, bad post technique, not too inteligent and mainly fighting spirit and rebonding, and even that is questionable with all of his small injuries.
    I'm reading today crying of Partizan fans that he won't join them, and I believe that they are not aware how lucky actually they are
    Crvena Zvezda 2019/2020
    RETURNING EL MEMBER

DADDY'S PLAYGROUND

PG: L.Brown, Lucas
    SG/PG Jenkins, Punter
    SG: Baron
    SF/SG:Lazic, Dobric
    SF: Perperoglou, Davidovac
    PF: Simanic, Jagodic-Kuridza
    PF/C: Gist
    C: Stimac, Jovanovic, Ojo

Quote Originally Posted by Gudura View Post
    I was one of the few(too lazy to search for it and quote myself), that told you, Fener fans, that Lauvergne is not the best solution for you. Even without injuries, he is an average center, without shooting, bad post technique, not too inteligent and mainly fighting spirit and rebonding, and even that is questionable with all of his small injuries.
    I'm reading today crying of Partizan fans that he won't join them, and I believe that they are not aware how lucky actually they are
    Lauvergne had a season (16-17) where he shot 34% from NBA 3 point range. He also had 10 rebound per 36 minutes there in his career even though he wasn't around the basket most of the time. I didn't bother to pull out his Partizan stats but I recall he was a good rebounder.

Current Lauvergne is obviously not even close tho those stats. It's a combination of injuries, his decline, and lack of effort. You might have, but I doubt many people said that Lauvergne is a bad move for a Euroleague contender that needed rebounding and inside scoring. And yes, I believe Partizan is lucky even though he could provide them what they need
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Yeah, Lauvergne getting injured and becoming a shell of his old self really showed Gherardini... Lol

I love how people don't say anything when a move is made, but then act like they knew what would happen all along
    Oh i didnt know at all. Nevertheless i am happy that many guys explode in your hands. This is what i was expecting. This Gherardini is obviously a joke. Its quite normal that some transfers turn out to be busts but the majority of your transfers must be useful and the ratio of cost/usefulness must be ok.

When I remember back. Bogdanovic in his third year, Ekpe Udoh who was a gamble too, Datome were good transfers and Melli of course. There are some other guys who can be seen as ok transfers but there are also some guys who turned out as horror transfers like tompson, lauvergne and also Vesely, and Sloukas. Sloukas because of his sallary.

You would have this success ratio with any other GM from Turkey. You are bound to some troublesome contracts for many years and it will be very difficult to build a team with them for the title. I am curious how long your fan base will support ZOC and Gherardini at the end.

And the worst thing about lauvergne is not that he gets injured very often. In more than a year he couldnt learn any set play what makes zoc and the other player giving up on him. Either he is dumb or he doesnt take Fener seriously.

It's a paradox but we need Lauvergne in this moment.
    With whome we will fight against top teams in EL? With williams and Thomas who can's finish nothing under basket?
    We all saw how williams missed the easiest layups in the world against Zenit and Valencia in crutial moments of the games. We lost both games.
    I hate Lauvergne just because his ft shooting, other then that he is better then our mediocre bigs. But at the end of the season he should leave of course.

Radonjic to Oly

Joff says he is motivated now after 1,5 years hahahahahaahhahaahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Gudura View Post
    The interesting thing is that when he was younger he took a big step out of his comfort zone by signing with Partizan. I know he wasn't the only French player to make that move at the time, but it showed a lot of grit and determination to do that when he could have had an easier life playing for Chalons-Reims or whoever until the NBA called.

James McAdoo leaves Beskitas for Partizan. I think that's three players (as well as the coach) who left in the past couple of weeks?

Carroll told to Real Madrid his desire to retire after the end of this season.

Prepelic time? This weekend he scored 31 points in just 20 minutes. Great season in Badalona for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Carroll told to Real Madrid his desire to retire after the end of this season.

Prepelic time? This weekend he scored 31 points in just 20 minutes. Great season in Badalona for him.
    He is not a player of that level. He can catch fire though.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast