This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GatorsGators View Post
    I'm a big Calathes fan but he's not the best PG in the league unless you have a very narrow view of what a "PG" is.
    If he would say the best passing pg - then it would make all the sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
      Sassari played a quick small-ball type system the last few years and Pierre is a typical forward they wanted for it. This is why he has spent three seasons there. Him and Evans were forwards that are practically interchangeable. Both can play 3, a little bit of 4, can defend positions 2 through 4. He is a purely catch'n'shoot guy as his off-dribble jumper is a disaster. Great rebounder, something that Fener needs from other positions as centers are poor rebounders. Excellent transition and ISO faceup/lowpost game vs smaller defenders. He can pass, and is a low turnover guys in general, takes care of the ball well. He should contribute to more open shots outside for teammates.

Defensively, he should be a plus defender on the floor always. He is excellent for switching, as he can handle pretty much anyone you throw at him. He needs to improve at the rim finishing, as he tends to get reckless. The issue I have with the signing is not about his quality but role. If he is going to step in as a starter, it's a bad idea. If Fener keeps Kalinic and starts, then Pierre is a solid investment for the second unit.

I think the guard situation is much more difficult for Fener.
      Thanks for this assessment, Coach. Ulanovas signing has confirmed Pierre as the backup too so it sounds like he will be a really useful signing.

What did you think about Nedovic moving to PAO? He wasn't happy with his limited role in Milan last year so if he stays fit he should be getting a lot more minutes.

Also, I'm surprised to see that Toruko hasn't mentioned Egehan Arna joining Besiktas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post

Also, I'm surprised to see that Toruko hasn't mentioned Egehan Arna joining Besiktas.
        A guy who hasnt made 2 serious games with 23 isnt worth mentioning. If Fenerbahce had kept him he would have stayed the next 10 years sitting on the bench but the sentence "hope dies at last" goes also for Turks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
          A guy who hasnt made 2 serious games with 23 isnt worth mentioning. If Fenerbahce had kept him he would have stayed the next 10 years sitting on the bench but the sentence "hope dies at last" goes also for Turks.
          To be fair, a lot of rich Turkish teams were pioneers of the idea of having expensive practice players. eg Erwin Dudley and Oguz Savas at Darussafaka.

Comment

• Hamilton is about to leave Dacka for Fenerbahce. A very solid big if Fenerbahce signs him...

Fenerbahce must pay 60k buyout for him.

Comment

Hammilton is about to leave Dacka for Fenerbahce. A very solid big if Fenerbahce signs him...
              It looks like we will have a defense this year, which is kinda important in basketball
              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                It looks like we will have a defense this year, which is kinda important in basketball
                Hamilton is not just a interior defender, he is also a undeniable rolling big. There are not many guys who can stop him after catching the ball. He can also put the ball one once or two twice on the floor and is surprisingly fast for his size.

Comment

Hamilton is not just a interior defender, he is also a undeniable rolling big. There are not many guys who can stop him after catching the ball. He can also put the ball one once or two twice on the floor and is surprisingly fast for his size.
                  Yeah he is not a complete zero in offense. I think these cheap(ish) moves kinda show that Vesely stays. Now we wait for a PG (Sloukas will leave) and a PF and the main rotation is complete.
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Yeah he is not a complete zero in offense. I think these cheap(ish) moves kinda show that Vesely stays. Now we wait for a PG (Sloukas will leave) and a PF and the main rotation is complete.
                    Well, i think defense is very solid so far but shooting is very poor so the last 2 guys on four and PG must be able to shoot. TBH i dont like Ulanovas move but Hamilton for the bench five is great.

Comment

Well, i think defense is very solid so far but shooting is very poor so the last 2 guys on four and PG must be able to shoot. TBH i dont like Ulanovas move but Hamilton for the bench five is great.
                      For PG I heard Lorenzo Brown and Isaiah Canaan rumors. I don't know if the second one has merit or it started just because he worked with Kokoskov before

For PF there are Anthony Gill rumors
                      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

For PG I heard Lorenzo Brown and Isaiah Canaan rumors. I don't know if the second one has merit or it started just because he worked with Kokoskov before

For PF there are Anthony Gill rumors
                        PG position is crucial. It must be a selfless ball distributor. BTW if you take BSL seriously you need some Turkish players too (at least two). I think youll go for a turkish four

Comment

The truth is a healthy being has nothing to fear about it.
                          Is this your expert opinion Dr Toruko?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adon View Post
                            Is this your expert opinion Dr Toruko?
                            Just common sense.

Comment

Just common sense.
                              There is no common sense regarding scientific facts.

The most probable scenario, unfortunatelly, is that next season won't start or it won't finish.

Comment

• If people don't know Hamilton;

He blocked Dixon once, and then he blocked De Colo twice in the Turkish Cup final. He is quick against dribblers, he is a good defender and very athletic.
                                FENERBAHÇE
                                --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                                --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                                --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                                --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information