Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Final FIBA Rosters

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    184

    Default Final FIBA Rosters

    By what date do teams have to have their final rosters announced? Is it correct that teams are allowed a maximum of 12 players on their final roster?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    543
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CAREY33 View Post
    By what date do teams have to have their final rosters announced? Is it correct that teams are allowed a maximum of 12 players on their final roster?
    48 hours before the start of the tournament. 12 players max.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    48 hours before the start of the tournament. 12 players max.
    Thank you! I'm guessing the FIBA website is the best place to find official rosters for all teams?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    543
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Not very up-to-date, I'm afraid. I find the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_F...rld_Cup_squads is quickly updated for some teams.

  5. #5
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,742
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    6 players confirmed for Philippines. Other 6 to be announced after tuneups.
    Those confirmed are
    6’11 Blatche C
    6’10 Fajardo C
    6’9 Aguilar PF
    6’7 Rosario CF
    6’6 Norwood PG/SG/SF
    6’2 Pogoy SG

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Has anyone been able to find any kind of roster for China or Jordan?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,138
    Country: Canada

    Question

    Interesting the upcoming season's salaries of the players on the U.S. team:


    Kemba Walkeris Bostono „Celtics“ US$32,7MM
    Khrisas Middletonas Milvokio „Bucks“ US$30,6MM
    Harrisonas Barnesas Sakramento „Kings“ US$24,1MM
    Mylesas Turneris Indianos „Pacers“ US$17,5MM
    Masonas Plumlee Denverio „Nuggets“ US$14.0 MM
    Brookas Lopezas Milvokio „Bucks“ US$12,1MM
    Marcusas Smartas Bostono „Celtics“ US$12,1MM
    Jaysonas Tatumas Bostono „Celtics“ US$7,8MM
    Joe Harrisas Bruklino „Nets“ US$7,7MM
    Jaylenas Brownas Bostono „Celtics“ US$6,5MM
    Donovanas Mitchellas Jutos „Jazz“ US$3,6MM
    Derrickas White'as San Antonijaus „Spurs“ US$1,9MM

    Total: US$170,6MM
    Average: US$14,2MM


    I wonder how the salaries of the players on the Lithuanian, Canadian, Australian and Serbian teams compare to those above?


  8. #8
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,138
    Country: Canada

    Post

    Spain's final roster:


    Joaquin Colom PG 188 cm 80 kg 30 m.
    Ricard Rubio PG 193 cm 86 kg 28 m.
    Sergio Llull PG, SG 190 cm 91 kg 31 m.
    Rudy Fernandez SG 196 cm 84 kg 34 m.
    Pau Ribas SG 196 cm 95 kg 32 m.
    Xavier Rabaseda SG, SF 198 cm 93 kg 30 m.
    Javier Beiran SF 200 cm 32 m.
    Victor Claver SF, PF 207 cm 107 kg 30 m.
    Juan Hernangomez PF 206 cm 104 kg 23 m.
    Pierre Oriola PF 206 cm 107 kg 26 m.
    Marc Gasol C 216 cm 120 kg 34 m.
    Guillermo Hernangomez C, PF 209 cm 113 kg 25 m.



  9. #9
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,138
    Country: Canada

    Post

    Brazil's final roster:


    Marcelinho Huertas PG 190 cm 84 kg 36 m.
    Rafael Luz PG 188 cm 95 kg 27 m.
    Yago Mateus PG 178 cm 20 m.
    Leandro Barbosa SG 191 cm 92 kg 36 m.
    Alex Ribeiro Garcia SG 191 cm 89 kg 39 m.
    Marquinhos Vieira Sousa SG 202 cm 101 kg 35 m.
    Vitor Alves Benite SG 191 cm 88 kg 29 m.
    Marcos Louzada SG 195 cm 84 kg 20 m.
    Bruno Caboclo SF 206 cm 93 kg 23 m.
    Christiano Felicio PF, C 208 cm 125 kg 27 m.
    Augusto Lima C 206 cm 103 kg 27 m.
    Anderson Varejao C, PF 211 cm 118 kg 36 m.


    Last edited by Hepcat; 08-26-2019 at 09:38 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    543
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Greece's final roster:


    Marcelinho Huertas PG 190 cm 84 kg 36 m.
    Rafael Luz PG 188 cm 95 kg 27 m.
    Yago Mateus PG 178 cm 20 m.
    Leandro Barbosa SG 191 cm 92 kg 36 m.
    Alex Ribeiro Garcia SG 191 cm 89 kg 39 m.
    Marquinhos Vieira Sousa SG 202 cm 101 kg 35 m.
    Vitor Alves Benite SG 191 cm 88 kg 29 m.
    Marcos Louzada SG 195 cm 84 kg 20 m.
    Bruno Caboclo SF 206 cm 93 kg 23 m.
    Christiano Felicio PF, C 208 cm 125 kg 27 m.
    Augusto Lima C 206 cm 103 kg 27 m.
    Anderson Varejao C, PF 211 cm 118 kg 36 m.


    Missing Antetokoumpo in that greek roster

  11. #11
    Senior Member Valexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    190
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Greece's final roster:


    Marcelinho Huertas PG 190 cm 84 kg 36 m.
    Rafael Luz PG 188 cm 95 kg 27 m.
    Yago Mateus PG 178 cm 20 m.
    Leandro Barbosa SG 191 cm 92 kg 36 m.
    Alex Ribeiro Garcia SG 191 cm 89 kg 39 m.
    Marquinhos Vieira Sousa SG 202 cm 101 kg 35 m.
    Vitor Alves Benite SG 191 cm 88 kg 29 m.
    Marcos Louzada SG 195 cm 84 kg 20 m.
    Bruno Caboclo SF 206 cm 93 kg 23 m.
    Christiano Felicio PF, C 208 cm 125 kg 27 m.
    Augusto Lima C 206 cm 103 kg 27 m.
    Anderson Varejao C, PF 211 cm 118 kg 36 m.


    We are even worse than i was expecting..

  12. #12
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,138
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    Missing Antetokoumpo in that greek roster
    Oh boy! Sorry. That was Brazil's roster.


  13. #13
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,742
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Philippines final roster
    Kiefer Ravena PG 6’0
    Mark Barroca PG 5’9
    Paul Lee CG 6’2
    Robert Bolick PG 6’2
    CJ Perez CG 6’2
    Gabe Norwood 6’6 PG/SG/SF
    Troy Rosario 6’7 SF
    Raymond Almazan 6’8 PF
    Japeth Aguilar 6’9 PF
    Jun Mar Fajardo 6’10 C
    Andray Blatche 6’11 PF/C

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Is there a good website to find uniform numbers?

  15. #15
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,138
    Country: Canada

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Philippines final roster

    Kiefer Ravena PG 6’0
    Mark Barroca PG 5’9
    Paul Lee CG 6’2
    Robert Bolick PG 6’2
    CJ Perez CG 6’2
    Gabe Norwood 6’6 PG/SG/SF
    Troy Rosario 6’7 SF
    Raymond Almazan 6’8 PF
    Japeth Aguilar 6’9 PF
    Jun Mar Fajardo 6’10 C
    Andray Blatche 6’11 PF/C
    Why is the Philippines going with a roster of only eleven players?


  16. #16
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,138
    Country: Canada

    Exclamation

    Lithuania's final roster:




  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    215
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    I hope the best for Lithuanians. Good luck.

  18. #18
    Senior Member interxavierxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,778
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Why is the Philippines going with a roster of only eleven players?

    He forgot to mention Roger Pogoy. So that's 12.

    Is Jamal Murray and Cory Joseph confirmed for Canada?
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

  19. #19
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,413
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    He forgot to mention Roger Pogoy. So that's 12.

    Is Jamal Murray and Cory Joseph confirmed for Canada?
    Murray won't play, Joseph still under the question. Supposed to join team today, but still no news about him

    Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    I hope the best for Lithuanians. Good luck.
    Thnx, good luck to your team too


  20. #20
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,138
    Country: Canada

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Is Jamal Murray and Cory Joseph confirmed for Canada?
    No.

    Jamal Murray suffered an ankle sprain earlier this month and opted to rest it and let it heal instead of pushing it thus risking re-injury.

    Cory Joseph chose to stay stateside instead of travelling with Team Canada for the friendlies in Australia. While Team Canada is now in China, Joseph is not. Yesterday he told Coach Nick Nurse that he would board the plane to China today. But Canada's first game is in just over four days time. Myself I think Nick Nurse has already been way too tolerant of Joseph's antics and should have said "Enough is enough" last week.

    Last edited by Hepcat; 08-27-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •