Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you will be given a power to name the next Gials Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
    nah, he should be an assistant coach not the head coach. leave the job to a more suitable foreign coach.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
      Floated the name few months back and I really hope SBP considers him. Make him the interim for the SEA rather than Coach Ryan Gregorio. I know I am in the minority and people have all the reasons to be skeptic, but I believe Alapag has what it takes to steer us into relevance in the world stage. I expect the learning doesn't stop on his NBA stint, he strikes me as someone hungry for knowledge.

On the safe side, the more prudent approach for SBP is to go with a proven international coach with at least a WC semifinal experience. If we could only find one.
      Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
        Floated the name few months back and I really hope SBP considers him. Make him the interim for the SEA rather than Coach Ryan Gregorio. I know I am in the minority and people have all the reasons to be skeptic, but I believe Alapag has what it takes to steer us into relevance in the world stage. I expect the learning doesn't stop on his NBA stint, he strikes me as someone hungry for knowledge.

On the safe side, the more prudent approach for SBP is to go with a proven international coach with at least a WC semifinal experience. If we could only find one.
        sasha djordjevic - silver medalist in 2014 world, 2016 olympics and 2017 eurobasket. hehehe
        Attack
        defend
        Unite

Comment

• Alapag head coach, Euro assistant. I'm good with that
          Tab development coach and program director
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
            for me, top priority is prep time. regular tuneups with teams better than us.
            2nd is the coach
            3rd is the players. dont care if its pba, 23 on 23 or mix. I want a real program and I want them to stick with it.
            It's structure, system and culture
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
              sasha djordjevic - silver medalist in 2014 world, 2016 olympics and 2017 eurobasket. hehehe
              I was actually thinking someone more within arm's reach. For me, this is clearly a case of what we're looking for was right on top of our noses.

I can sense some pride has to be swallowed, if we are looking at reasonable men here, BCAP et al.
              Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Foreign coach then Tab and Jimmy as assistant coaches.
                Tab becomes the Youth Program director.
                PWE DE NA!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by D_I_A View Post
                  Foreign coach then Tab and Jimmy as assistant coaches.
                  Tab becomes the Youth Program director.
                  Isn’t he already the director?

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                    nah, he should be an assistant coach not the head coach. leave the job to a more suitable foreign coach.
                    agree , better learn first , maybe under tab

Comment

• Wouldnt that be conflict of interest? Jimmy is under the SMC payroll Tab on the MVP side

Comment

• European which means Coach Toroman who is a Serbian, is the perfect candidate and add Coach Tab as consultant.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
                          European which means Coach Toroman who is a Serbian, is the perfect candidate and add Coach Tab as consultant.
                          Ummm.... I hate to break it to you but he already signed a 2 year deal with the Indons

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                            Ummm.... I hate to break it to you but he already signed a 2 year deal with the Indons
                            Oh I forgot. Then, how about the one who coach Greece team which beat USA in 2006?
                            Last edited by yogaflame; 09-17-2019, 07:25 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Jimmy as head coach with a foreign consultant or assistant coach is the ideal situation. Having him as the face of the Philippine team is palatable to both evil empires-- he's originally an MVP man but is now on the coaching staff of 2 RSA teams. Plus Jimmy is humble enough to take advice from someone else-- unlike certain "patriotic" bald politico coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
                                Wouldnt that be conflict of interest? Jimmy is under the SMC payroll Tab on the MVP side
                                no , its a win scenario , everyone's happy. we have a head coach in tab who knows international play and jimmy being a player's coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information