Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If you will be given a power to name the next Gials Coach?

Default If you will be given a power to name the next Gials Coach?

Who and why? To make it more interesting you can name anyone, from Kobe, to Phil Jackson, to Bo Perasol to even Buboy Fernandez..to even Kobe Paras (peace tayo Anonymous)
    Last edited by reamily; 08-16-2019 at 05:58 AM.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Who and why? To make it more interesting you can name anyone, from Kobe, to Phil Jackson, to Bo Perasol to even Buboy Fernandez..
    is that you DT?

for me, yeng guiao. for i believe his system suits in fiba games. just give him good amount time of preparation.. yeah his nlex suck right now but he's the head coach.. lemanis handle a returning brisbane bullets and suck for years and yet he's still the coach of boomers..

Who and why?
    i have three coaches in mind:

1. rajko toroman - his offensive sets are really good. his defensive plays are not bad either.

2. andrej lemanis - offensive sets not bad. what i like about this coach is his defensive plays - physical but legal. our players can learn a thing or two with him.

3. hur jae - offensive sets are impressive. his defensive approach is more practical nad logical. but what i like about his plays is we can develop our three point shooting with him.

i prefer either three of them because there is one thing in common with them that i can describe them with just one word - discipline.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Yup pwedeng option retain yeng, not because of his excellent x and o's but his diplomacy among the other major stakeholder of Phil. basketball which is SMC.

Nagulat ako sa Hur Jae ah..

Mike Fratello former Ukraine national team coach.simply because he has coached but the highest level and has experience in coaching internationally.however,the bap coaches would not agree on this.coach Mike could get the team hooked up with the best shooting and skills coaches and probably help the team have some scrimmages with some d-league teams.I still remember how his Ukrainian team played around gilas like a bunch they were just a bunch of hobos trying to play pick up basketball.

tab is another choice and should be in charge of the youngsters' development program or maybe we could get them both and tab should be one of his assistants while handling the youth team.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Mike Fratello former Ukraine national team coach.simply because he has coached but the highest level and has experience in coaching internationally.however,the bap coaches would not agree on this.tab is another choice and should be in charge of the youngsters' development program or maybe we could get them both and tab should be one of his assistants while handling the youth team.
    Will he hire Chot reyes as his assistant? hehehe.. I think he hold the largest winning margin against gilas, 50 yata after that chot had said during the draw...

Will he hire Chot reyes as his assistant? hehehe.. I think he hold the largest winning margin against gilas, 50 yata after that chot had said during the draw...
    wag na, let us give chot his well deserved rest.we need someone with an outsider point of view and who will be respected by the players. Someone coming from the outside would just mean that he is less bias than most coaches who have handled our local players.kung baga may judicial Independence. Plus I think coach Mike is as good as any good euro coaches,the problem is how much would he charge.
    Last edited by Alex07; 08-16-2019 at 06:02 AM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

how about hiring a korean coach atleast for asst coach and also the shooting coach at the sametime. korean style system never change it still one of the best in asia..

wag na, let us give chot his well deserved rest.we need someone with an outsider point of view and who will be respected by the players. Someone coming from the outside would just mean that he is less bias than most coaches who have handled our local players.kung baga may judicial Independence. Plus I think coach Mike is as good as any good euro coaches,the problem is how much would he charge.
    This is Philippine National basketball team we are talking about, we have unlimited pockets..

Quote Originally Posted by tootch View Post
    how about hiring a korean coach atleast for asst coach and also the shooting coach at the sametime. korean style system never change it still one of the best in asia..
    for the young kids maybe,those who are 16 and below and if should be a very good skills/shooting coach as well or maybe we should just hire a Korean shooting coach for the kids.

for the young kids maybe,those who are 16 and below and if should be a very good skills/shooting coach as well or maybe we should just hire a Korean shooting coach for the kids.
    Sa akin, no matter how you teach a kid to shoot if you cant teach him how to pass wala din hahaha

Sa akin, no matter how you teach a kid to shoot if you cant teach him how to pass wala din hahaha
    like that one tall shooting guard from st. bonaventure. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    like that one tall shooting guard from st. bonaventure. hahaha
    or the 6’6 Forward from UP Fighting Maroons

Mike Fratello former Ukraine national team coach.simply because he has coached but the highest level and has experience in coaching internationally.however,the bap coaches would not agree on this.coach Mike could get the team hooked up with the best shooting and skills coaches and probably help the team have some scrimmages with some d-league teams.I still remember how his Ukrainian team played around gilas like a bunch they were just a bunch of hobos trying to play pick up basketball.

tab is another choice and should be in charge of the youngsters' development program or maybe we could get them both and tab should be one of his assistants while handling the youth team.
    BCAP though cant contest him as he is eligible based on their stringent requirement of Exception: must be either, a former NBA Coach(/),or Final 4in US NCAA..

i think if we are to hire a very good Korean coach, we should let him handle the kids and I am hoping that he would be willing to coach kids as well maybe land him a job in coaching a juniors team aside from the Youth squad.Let's say if he is to handle the high school squad of San Beda, maybe he could implement the Korean system that everyone can ritually shoot the ball from basically anywhere, less hawk buhok and pa pogi dribbling and more passing and accurate shooting.A team that could live and die in the three point shot aside from the back door pick plays and the gorgeous looking basic pick n roll play and the different kinds of zone defense played to perfection. The motto should be: Ok lang hindi pogi,basta efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    BCAP though cant contest him as he is eligible based on their stringent requirement of Exception: must be either, a former NBA Coach(/),or Final 4in US NCAA..
    Hahah may ganun requirement ang bcap?

Hahah may ganun requirement ang bcap?
    meron as if naman magko-coach yung mga yun dito. hahaha. if you ask me, if you get a get coach from the ranks of ncaa or nba, i will pick either coach callipari, fratello, or jeff van gundy.

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    I didn't know these requirements ,thanks for the info.

Our problem lies with how we perceive basketball, were still stuck with the old 90s 1 on 1 plays of yesteryear, no amount of good coaching at the pro level can help that, this needs to start at the grassroots level

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
    Our problem lies with how we perceive basketball, were still stuck with the old 90s 1 on 1 plays of yesteryear, no amount of good coaching at the pro level can help that, this needs to start at the grassroots level
    Hmmm not really in grassroots, the teams who wins the championship, if not superiorly talented, but the ones who emphasizes team work..

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast