Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you will be given a power to name the next Gials Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Magnano know how to speak English? In having a translator, there maybe some worda lost in translation, the essence and communication between player and Coach isnlost...

Comment

• If SBP wants inclusivity and PBA is still part of the equation, the best compromise is either Tab or Jimmy Alapag as Head Coach, Tab as Consultant(if Jimmy is the HC) with Dickel as Assitant and Chua as team manager... Say all you want about Chua, pero magaling sa basketball being a former varsity star himself prior to becoming an executive... Yung sa MVP group kasi like Panlileo, they are Executive first given basketball related duties by the boss.. Kaya di makaconnect sa mga players..

Now if SBP wanta a complete reset of the Program, hire a new foreign Coach or have Tab as Head Coach and form Cadets team for 2023 following the NCC /Gilas 1 blueprint..

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
        Does Magnano know how to speak English? In having a translator, there maybe some worda lost in translation, the essence and communication between player and Coach isnlost...
        Basketball is a universal language, motivation isnt.. so i hire Chot as Magnano's translator
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
          Does Magnano know how to speak English? In having a translator, there maybe some worda lost in translation, the essence and communication between player and Coach isnlost...

Originally posted by reamily View Post
          Basketball is a universal language, motivation isnt.. so i hire Chot as Magnano's translator
          gary oldman can translate for him.

on a serious note, i don't think lamas speaks japanese yet he coaches the akatsuki 5. we're not hiring a motivational speaker, but someone who knows the X's and O's of modern basketball. so, the language barrier shouldn't be a main concern, imo. ideally though, we would like a foreign coach who can articulate himself in english for the sake of convenience.

Comment

• An interior decorator/fashion designer would do great.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
              An interior decorator/fashion designer would do great.
              mehhh...not manly enough lolz

if you guys can access www.Olympicchannel.com ... try watching The Golden Generation, the 1 hour 12 minute documentary about the Argentina's gold medal winning 2002-2004 NT, featuring coach Ruben Magnano and the core of Pepe, Manu, Chapu, Fabri , Luis, Carlos and the Argentinian Favio.. It's not in youtube, and is only available on that channel.

Comment

• Why look elsewhere when Tab is here and actually likes being here? Give him a free hand in choosing his staff and the players for the pool. Most importantly, GIVE HIM TIME to actually develop something.

Comment

• Now that coach YG is now officially out of the picture, it's time for the SBP dudes to look for that replacement A.S.A.P because the SEA Games is just around the corner..Indonesia and Thailand is very much aware that we are in a shit right now and they are quietly preparing very hard to score an upset on our own backyard..some prominent personalities just keep on popping here and there now that the position is now vacant..in a fanboy/fangirl own point of view the name Tim Cone, Norman Black, Leo Austria and Caloy Garcia are flooding that so called social media platform even the guy from Spin.ph named Homer Sayson who many considered as "The Expert" thinks that coach Tim deserve to be the Head Coach of the Gilas(and his seriously lobbying for it) because as per his claim, he had the international experience to coach and as a matter of fact the Knicks organization are seriously convincing him to be one of their top assistant coaches but coach Cone just simply declined the offer because he don't want to be the tail of the lion but the head of it. Also Mr. Sayson mentioned coach Leo because he already had the experience when he piloted one of the ABL team to a championship during those early years of that league. In fairness to those fans and so called experts, those PBA coaches are well learned(only) in terms of Philippine basketball and NBA basketball as a whole, but as for FIBA basketball well excuse me..it's a different atmosphere mind you!! For those so called hardcore basketball fans we all know what happened during the 94 Asian Games wherein the Dean, coach Ron(who acted as a consultant during that time and coach Black almost had some boxing showdown during that time because our opponent (SK b or China ang kalaban?) is giving us a resounding beating during the actual game(para na daw mga engot yung mga Filipino players inside the court) and the coaching staff must do something to stop the bleeding. Now as for that 98 AG, coach Tim runs outside the stadium and cried unabashedly like a kid away from the public eyes because he realize that his brand of basketball is very much inferior compared to the other coach of the other team and he thought he commits some major blunder during the tournament and let the Filipino people down because our folks during that time are expecting that we could bring the bacon due to the preparation the 98 team has done.
                  For me personally, I think coach TAB deserved a second chance but unfortunately he doesn't had the support the majority of the PBA governor esp. the SMB block and his comment during the actual PBA games still lingers in the mind of the PBA officials about the quality of the game in the PBA(medyo nagtampo) even though TB is just telling the truth. As for our youth team I think coach Jimmy A and coach Alec C deserves a second look, those two had this motivational skills once they open their mouth and those Batang Gilas kids needs that moving forward, In Fairness to coach Sandy the guy still needs some additional exposure to be on that level, we saw what happened during the FIBA World U19. also worth mentioning is if we could afford the TF of the assistance coaches either from Lithuania, Serbia and Spain to spearhead our campaign moving forward if want to had that so called quality the Serbian coach commented to us recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
                    Now that coach YG is now officially out of the picture, it's time for the SBP dudes to look for that replacement A.S.A.P because the SEA Games is just around the corner..Indonesia and Thailand is very much aware that we are in a shit right now and they are quietly preparing very hard to score an upset on our own backyard..some prominent personalities just keep on popping here and there now that the position is now vacant..in a fanboy/fangirl own point of view the name Tim Cone, Norman Black, Leo Austria and Caloy Garcia are flooding that so called social media platform even the guy from Spin.ph named Homer Sayson who many considered as "The Expert" thinks that coach Tim deserve to be the Head Coach of the Gilas(and his seriously lobbying for it) because as per his claim, he had the international experience to coach and as a matter of fact the Knicks organization are seriously convincing him to be one of their top assistant coaches but coach Cone just simply declined the offer because he don't want to be the tail of the lion but the head of it. Also Mr. Sayson mentioned coach Leo because he already had the experience when he piloted one of the ABL team to a championship during those early years of that league. In fairness to those fans and so called experts, those PBA coaches are well learned(only) in terms of Philippine basketball and NBA basketball as a whole, but as for FIBA basketball well excuse me..it's a different atmosphere mind you!! For those so called hardcore basketball fans we all know what happened during the 94 Asian Games wherein the Dean, coach Ron(who acted as a consultant during that time and coach Black almost had some boxing showdown during that time because our opponent (SK b or China ang kalaban?) is giving us a resounding beating during the actual game(para na daw mga engot yung mga Filipino players inside the court) and the coaching staff must do something to stop the bleeding. Now as for that 98 AG, coach Tim runs outside the stadium and cried unabashedly like a kid away from the public eyes because he realize that his brand of basketball is very much inferior compared to the other coach of the other team and he thought he commits some major blunder during the tournament and let the Filipino people down because our folks during that time are expecting that we could bring the bacon due to the preparation the 98 team has done.
                    For me personally, I think coach TAB deserved a second chance but unfortunately he doesn't had the support the majority of the PBA governor esp. the SMB block and his comment during the actual PBA games still lingers in the mind of the PBA officials about the quality of the game in the PBA(medyo nagtampo) even though TB is just telling the truth. As for our youth team I think coach Jimmy A and coach Alec C deserves a second look, those two had this motivational skills once they open their mouth and those Batang Gilas kids needs that moving forward, In Fairness to coach Sandy the guy still needs some additional exposure to be on that level, we saw what happened during the FIBA World U19. also worth mentioning is if we could afford the TF of the assistance coaches either from Lithuania, Serbia and Spain to spearhead our campaign moving forward if want to had that so called quality the Serbian coach commented to us recently.
                    as much as i like tab, I think we have to ask the guy if he is willing to coach the team.but we have to look at it on a long term perspective.now the question goes, is tab willing to spend another 5-10 years to coach a young team(cadet with some remnants of gilas,probably junmar,troy,bolick and cj)I think his intention was to retire based on his interview with eric menk.
                    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• i think we should hire a coach from south america. they might have the idea on how we take advantage of our guards like juan gdl, remy, bolick and perez. hehehe

if you look at it our guards are closer to the archetypal latino guards - 6'1-6'3 scoring guards like carlos arroyo, elias ayuso, alex garcia, leandro barbosa, paco cruz and toscano.
                      Last edited by ja.he; 09-14-2019, 03:33 PM.
                      Attack
                      defend
                      Unite

Comment

• I have suggestion, how about Coach Sasha? He just recently resigned as a head coach of Serbia. And maybe the SBP could use him to adapt their playing style as well as the discipline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vhin Lurk View Post
                          https://mobile.twitter.com/hoopnut/s...79703230730241

I have suggestion, how about Coach Sasha? He just recently resigned as a head coach of Serbia. And maybe the SBP could use him to adapt their playing style as well as the discipline.
                          Not that tactical a coach. The system he was using in the Serbian NT was already put in place by Obradovic and another coach whose name I forgot.

Comment

• available na si Sale mag coach sa atin hehehe
                            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                              as much as i like tab, I think we have to ask the guy if he is willing to coach the team.but we have to look at it on a long term perspective.now the question goes, is tab willing to spend another 5-10 years to coach a young team(cadet with some remnants of gilas,probably junmar,troy,bolick and cj)I think his intention was to retire based on his interview with eric menk.
                              Sir Alex, can't blame the guy for saying that stuff..he is very much dissapointed with the basketball culture of this country..to much politics here and there..even his boss chief are into that stuff hence it also reflects the way his PBA ballclub is running, same with the SMB block..no wonder SBP has the same culture as well...but for me personally, if he decided not to handle the Senior team..I hope he reconsider handling our U16 to U19 because we really need to upgrade that culture and quality the Serbian coach commented to us recently..hoping he could bring along a competent skill coach to start building that two important components if we really want to step on the next level.

Comment

• RG volunteering himself to be the next gilas coach accdg to snow

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information