European Prospects born in 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Prospects born in 2002

Usman Garuba (2.03m, C): the headliner of this generation, has been unstoppable during his u16 and u18 stints. Let's see if he can continue to be dominant when his physical advantage is lost over his peers.

Azuolas Tubelis
    (2.05m, PF/C). there is a thread about him in the Lithuanian section. In my own limited observation, an excellent prospect in the making.

Alperen Sengun
    (2.06m, PF/C): The polarizing Turkish big is crafty under the rim but as unathletic as as Oguz Savas's grandma. He was selected to best 5 of the u18 tournament but let's see if he's going to develop. He's expected to take serious minutes in the BSL this year.

Tiber Gorener (2.06, SG/SF), Alexandros Nikolaidis (1.86m, PG) also showed brilliant glimpses in Volos.

Many more are there. please list them here and discuss.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Usman Garuba (2.03m, C): the headliner of this generation, has been unstoppable during his u16 and u18 stints. Let's see if he can continue to be dominant when his physical advantage is lost over his peers.

Azuolas Tubelis
    (2.05m, PF/C). there is a thread about him in the Lithuanian section. In my own limited observation, an excellent prospect in the making.

Alperen Sengun
    (2.06m, PF/C): The polarizing Turkish big is crafty under the rim but as unathletic as as Oguz Savas's grandma. He was selected to best 5 of the u18 tournament but let's see if he's going to develop. He's expected to take serious minutes in the BSL this year.

Tiber Gorener (2.06, SG/SF), Alexandros Nikolaidis (1.86m, PG) also showed brilliant glimpses in Volos.

Many more are there. please list them here and discuss.
    I think your comments are controversial if you rate a offensively limited player as Azuolas Tubelis an excellent prospect and Sengün on the other hand undoubtedly the best center of this the last tournament and also in u16 last season btw. as "Oguz Savases grandma".

As I said before. He is the most complete big that a saw for a very long time. A very good passer who knows the game with a tremendous footwork (reminds me of Vlade Divac), a very good rebounder due to good positioning. Even being slow a very good ball handler who can go through 2 or 3 guys because of body coordination. He also shoots but that still needs work. All this makes him to a potential multilevel scorer and be sure this all will also translate in professional basketball.

As all player he also has limiting factors. He has big problems run to closeouts because he is slow. So wing defense is a problem and will be a problem and rim protection at least in pro level and defending bigger and more athletic guys under the rim. He is far more developed than a Tubelis what could be seen in the baltic cup in ltu this year.

Comment

I think 2002 generation is one of the most stacked generations around in quite some time. Not only Paolo Banchero as possible top 10 pick in 2022 drafts (Italy), but also Garuba, Sengun, Prkacin as sure fire NBA material, most likely first rounders. Then I think Hukporti and Tubelis are also legit NBA prospects. That's like 6 guys who most likely will end up in NBA with real careers. Then such players as Badji, Diabate, Begarin or the same A. Marciulionis as really quality prospects. This is deep generation.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information