Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is too good not to share it:

Comment

it's interesting to re-read this thread now.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Do you now by heart what the ratio of WC participation to qualification to 2nd round is for Spain?

How many times Spain qualified for the WC and how many times Spain qualified for the 2nd WC round?​​​
        You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
          Do you now by heart what the ratio of WC participation to qualification to 2nd round is for Spain?

How many times Spain qualified for the WC and how many times Spain qualified for the 2nd WC round?​​​
          This "two rounds" system is fairly new, Spain has never failed to qualify for them, or even for the QFs in the time it has been in place. Worst finish was 6th in 2010. In the 90s we failed to get out of the first phase a couple times and ended up 10th (worst placement ever). I think those two tournaments ('90 and '94) are the only years we failed to be in the QFs.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post

This "two rounds" system is fairly new, Spain has never failed to qualify for them, or even for the QFs in the time it has been in place. Worst finish was 6th in 2010. In the 90s we failed to get out of the first phase a couple times and ended up 10th (worst placement ever). I think those two tournaments ('90 and '94) are the only years we failed to be in the QFs.
            So how many WC participation Spain has alltogehter? Do you know that?

Comment

So how many WC participation Spain has alltogehter? Do you know that?
              13 participations. Didn't take part in 6 editions for one reason or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post

13 participations. Didn't take part in 6 editions for one reason or another.
                So Spain has 13 qualifications to 2nd round (whatever form) of a WC at 13 participations?
                So far this would be the best record of all countries I found.

Comment

So Spain has 13 qualifications to 2nd round (whatever form) of a WC at 13 participations?
                  So far this would be the best record of all countries I found.
                  No, just 10. First participation in 1950 Spain won just one game, but the competition system was so complicated that I cannot say if they participated in the 2nd round or not.

Then in 1990 and 1994 Spain was eliminated in the first round. In all the other 10 participations made it to QFs, at the very least.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information