Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Olympic Qualifying Tournaments

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Bucks were always dominant in RS and underperformed in playoffs. It looks kinda unrealistic to me that upgrade from Bledsoe/Divicenzo to Jrue/Bogdanovic will totally change that. They are better but not that much. Problem is in Giannis, playoffs are just totally different ballgame, more like Fiba and we all know how Giannis looks there. They could move him in C, but I kinda doubt their backcourt is good enough to win the title. I like Lakers chances much more and I'm not convinced they will win East easily.
    For me this upgrade is good in first line and everything else will be seen. It's a first move and I wouldn't be surprised if they would hit the luxury tax with additional additions - it's now or never for Milwaukee the next 2-3 years. I totally dislike Bucks basketball, it's for me a cruelty versus this sport and a first step to normalize it, in the end it will be better for Giannis, too. If they will win the East (who said that by the way?!), I don't know and there are serious contenders beside them but it's a good move from their FO in my eyes without any discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    For me this upgrade is good in first line and everything else will be seen. It's a first move and I wouldn't be surprised if they would hit the luxury tax with additional additions - it's now or never for Milwaukee the next 2-3 years. I totally dislike Bucks basketball, it's for me a cruelty versus this sport and a first step to normalize it, in the end it will be better for Giannis, too. If they will win the East (who said that by the way?!), I don't know and there are serious contenders beside them but it's a good move from their FO in my eyes without any discussion.
    Not you, but reading on internet, people believe they have already won East. I understand they had to do something or Giannis would walk. But man, Bucks have agreed to acquire Jrue Holiday from the New Orleans Pelicans for George Hill, Eric Bledsoe and three future first round picks and two pick swaps. In terms of pick compensation, the deal is similar to what the Pelicans received from the Los Angeles Lakers for Anthony Davis. Jrue who? 1 time all star. Very good defender but that looks just brutal to me. And main problem still stands, Giannis cannot play on set half court D. Are Jrue/Bogdanovic really so big upgrade to solve that problem?
    previously known as Beno

Not you, but reading on internet, people believe they have already won East. I understand they had to do something or Giannis would walk. But man, Bucks have agreed to acquire Jrue Holiday from the New Orleans Pelicans for George Hill, Eric Bledsoe and three future first round picks and two pick swaps. In terms of pick compensation, the deal is similar to what the Pelicans received from the Los Angeles Lakers for Anthony Davis. Jrue who? 1 time all star. Very good defender but that looks just brutal to me. And main problem still stands, Giannis cannot play on set half court D. Are Jrue/Bogdanovic really so big upgrade to solve that problem?
    They had to do this move. Giannis contract runs out and they need to show him that they are making the right moves to help Giannis on the court. Bogdanovic and Jrue Holiday are not a big but an upgrade and this move had to be done. Bledsoe is famous to be a headless chicken when it comes to decision making especially in crunch time and Hill is an one dimensional player. Jrue and Bogdan are far more versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    They had to do this move. Giannis contract runs out and they need to show him that they are making the right moves to help Giannis on the court. Bogdanovic and Jrue Holiday are not a big but an upgrade and this move had to be done. Bledsoe is famous to be a headless chicken when it comes to decision making especially in crunch time and Hill is an one dimensional player. Jrue and Bogdan are far more versatile.
    I agree they should have done something, but it doesn't look enough to me unless they have already agreed with Giannis to sign super max. If not, they have taken huge gamble with not very good hand. If you need to win now, I would rather take Chris Paul. His contract is bad, but who cares, if your only goal is to be competitive and sign Giannis. In 2 years you have Paul out of books.

I believe people are underestimating Divincenzo. It's Bladsoe/Hill/Divincenzo vs Jrue/Bogdanovic.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 11-17-2020 at 12:17 PM.
    previously known as Beno

I agree they should have done something, but it doesn't look enough to me unless they have already agreed with Giannis to sign super max. If not, they have taken huge gamble with not very good hand. If you need to win now, I would rather take Chris Paul. His contract is bad, but who cares, if your only goal is to be competitive and sign Giannis. In 2 years you have Paul out of books.

I believe people are underestimating Divincenzo. It's Bladsoe/Hill/Divincenzo vs Jrue/Bogdanovic.
    And I think people are underestimating Holiday No joke, I've always been a big fan. Like always in such trades time well tell if it's good or not. Generally I am close to way of thinking that Giannis in some kind of his time with Bucks should take a conference final step. If now I don't know. But I am quite sure he will stay in Milwaukee.

And I think people are underestimating Holiday No joke, I've always been a big fan. Like always in such trades time well tell if it's good or not. Generally I am close to way of thinking that Giannis in some kind of his time with Bucks should take a conference final step. If now I don't know. But I am quite sure he will stay in Milwaukee.
    Maybe 10 years ago, but now offence is much more important than D. No one is stopping best guards no matter what. If I'm not mistaken, Jrue has only 1 year on the contract. They basically gave away Bledsoe, Hill and 3 future first picks for 1 year of great defensive player? Yes I understand, they had to make Giannis happy. Will Giannis be happy if they don't make Finals again? Like I said, imho Chris Paul looked much better option for them.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 11-17-2020 at 01:13 PM.
    previously known as Beno

Maybe 10 years ago, but now offence is much more important than D. No one is stopping best guards no matter what. If I'm not mistaken, Jrue has only 1 year on the contract. They basically gave away Bledsoe, Hill and 3 future first picks for 1 year of great defensive player? Yes I understand, they had to make Giannis happy. Will Giannis be happy if they don't make Finals again? Like I said, imho Chris Paul looked much better option for them.
    It's difficult to say. His true shooting percentages are among the worst guard-stats in the whole league but I also don't expect him to be the guy who will be able to make 20 points per game. Generally a combo guard of his skillset is someone every coach would like to add to his team. I think we should see how it will develop. Maybe good, maybe bad, who knows. But this drawing of early conclusions, I don't know, never been a fan of and as much as I like Chris Paul I really don't know if he would be the key to their success. Milwaukee is a heavily disbalanced team where every step towards players with possibility to create for themselves and IQ seems to be the way in the right direction but it stands and falls not with Holiday, Paul, Bogdanovic or DiVicenzo (if really that good) but with coaches possibilities to maximize Giannis qualities. For me today's signings don't seem to be desparation moves and could make sense in a long term.

It's difficult to say. His true shooting percentages are among the worst guard-stats in the whole league but I also don't expect him to be the guy who will be able to make 20 points per game. Generally a combo guard of his skillset is someone every coach would like to add to his team. I think we should see how it will develop. Maybe good, maybe bad, who knows. But this drawing of early conclusions, I don't know, never been a fan of and as much as I like Chris Paul I really don't know if he would be the key to their success. Milwaukee is a heavily disbalanced team where every step towards players with possibility to create for themselves and IQ seems to be the way in the right direction but it stands and falls not with Holiday, Paul, Bogdanovic or DiVicenzo (if really that good) but with coaches possibilities to maximize Giannis qualities. For me today's signings don't seem to be desparation moves and could make sense in a long term.
    It looks to me they count on Bogdanovic to become clear #2 in scoring and taking clutch shots. Otherwise that doesn't work, without Giannis making progress in his jumper.
    previously known as Beno

Holiday is top player when it comes to work his tale off for his team and no ego what so ever.He has character of smart white european only in athletic black body.Alot better than brainless Bledsoe.

Bucks is going all in with Holiday and Bogdanovich,because if they loosing Giannis doesnt matter picks or whatever.They gonna become team that nobody follows again.

Milwaukie small market waited for superstars since 1975 when Jabbar left and got one after 40 years. They will give all picks they have till 2030 if it will require just to have young superstar and i dont blame them.

How manny in todays nba there is loyal superstars? Curry,Lilliard and looking in future i would bet 2 europeans Doncic with Giannis and maybe Tatum such humble superstars biggest chances that wont demand to trade them and can play for your organisation for 15+ years. Thats 5 carat diamonds that teams (small markets especially) have to try hold to it with everything they have.

Recent reports sounds that Giannis gonna sign 5 years supermax deal in next few weeks.

Im just happy Olympics looks to be with nba players. I didnt want see Olympic basketball back to 80s without best players playing.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 11-17-2020 at 07:55 PM.

I think people tend to overrate Giannis. At this time he's not a player who can win a championship as a #1 option.

The championship next year will be won by a team with either Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Lebron James or Kawhi Leonard on it. Just like what has happened for every championship since 2011.

Giannis is a championship caliber #2 - like Antony Davis is, like James Harden is.

I have to say that role players from Slovenia, Prepelic, Blazic, Dragic, Sisko, are looking pretty solid.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by mojo13 View Post

The championship next year will be won by a team with either Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Lebron James or Kawhi Leonard on it. Just like what has happened for every championship since 2011.
    Add Luka Doncic to the list. The guy has it, and if not this season, then the next one will be in the list of such breed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Luka wants to play Eurobasket qualifiers on 28.11. and 30.11. Not likely that he will get permission.
    previously known as Beno

I don't know Slovenian word for "sekira" but maybe your Serbian/Croatian is good enough to understand and you say the same in streetball for it

I hope you understand what I mean I think that every normal person in Dallas Mavericks would not even consider this. And it's understandable in my eyes. Same goes for every minimal important NBA player. I cannot imagine brutal fouls of Austrian and Hungarian centers on Luka driving at the basket - not because of rudeness but because of overmotivation

I don't know Slovenian word for "sekira" but maybe your Serbian/Croatian is good enough to understand and you say the same in streetball for it

I hope you understand what I mean I think that every normal person in Dallas Mavericks would not even consider this. And it's understandable in my eyes. Same goes for every minimal important NBA player. I cannot imagine brutal fouls of Austrian and Hungarian centers on Luka driving at the basket - not because of rudeness but because of overmotivation
    I understand you perfectly. Luka is training with NT coaches and is eager to play some games. He's still a kid loving basketball. He probably won't play, but situation gives additional hope for Olympic qualifiers.
    previously known as Beno

Luka wants to play Eurobasket qualifiers on 28.11. and 30.11. Not likely that he will get permission.

wow...major props to the young fella for the dedication to his country of birth - not many players of his status would even entertain the idea of playing games of such little magnitude to begin with

According to Serbian media Bogdanovic refuses to go to Milwaukee because of that is whole trade in danger.

According to Serbian media Bogdanovic refuses to go to Milwaukee because of that is whole trade in danger.
    Why wouldn't he go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Bogdan's refusal is just a formal explanation, the deal fell apart because Bucks broke the tampering rule, they were not allowed to talk to Bogdan until the start of free agency which is officially tomorrow if I'm not mistaken. No NBA team is allowed to talk to free agents or make any kind of deals until the start of free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    Bogdan's refusal is just a formal explanation, the deal fell apart because Bucks broke the tampering rule, they were not allowed to talk to Bogdan until the start of free agency which is officially tomorrow if I'm not mistaken. No NBA team is allowed to talk to free agents or make any kind of deals until the start of free agency.
    So that means that trade will take place as "scheduled" when FA begins? Zurnal writes today that he refuses to sign which really would make no sense. I mean the tampering rule is hot air and nothing which could stand in front of a court. How you want to prove evidence for this cases? It happened millions of times and I am sure it happens with every trade.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast