2020 Olympic Qualifying Tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
    So is this a final decision for Slovenia for OQT? No more chasing Randolph or any other foreign player?
    It looks like it. They have brought just some random guy. Imho a mistake, you should surround Luka with shooters. Randolph was a perfect match.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 02-07-2020, 04:46 PM.
    previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
      Purity. Serbia has a black player who played for years in youth categories because of his mother from South America and noone gives a shit if you are black, white, yellow, Christian, Muslim. We are against naturilzation of foreign players. And you are a troll.
      I'm not a troll. I've watched every major FIBA tournament since 2005 in Serbia/Montenegro and each summer I've seen naturalized players making an impact. It's the FIBA landscape I've grown up with. Every year I've also read nonstop bitching from fans of countries who refuse to naturalize players for whatever reason. If your country is on some high ground about not wanting American players, that's great. Shut up about other teams doing it. Trying to cheapen the accomplishments of Slovenia or Russia is beyond weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
        I'm not a troll. I've watched every major FIBA tournament since 2005 in Serbia/Montenegro and each summer I've seen naturalized players making an impact. It's the FIBA landscape I've grown up with. Every year I've also read nonstop bitching from fans of countries who refuse to naturalize players for whatever reason. If your country is on some high ground about not wanting American players, that's great. Shut up about other teams doing it. Trying to cheapen the accomplishments of Slovenia or Russia is beyond weak.
        I won't shut up because of your asking for it. Who do you think you are?

By the way I didn't even mention Slovenia or Russia or any other country. Maybe you are mixing someone up or you are simply an imbecile. Or both.

Comment

I won't shut up because of your asking for it. Who do you think you are?

By the way I didn't even mention Slovenia or Russia or any other country. Maybe you are mixing someone up or you are simply an imbecile. Or both.

Right. I'm an imbecile. You got me down, a troll and an imbecile. I was telling the collective complainers to shut up, but you can obviously feel free to join them. Why stop with players? Mike Malone has no business being on Serbia's staff the summer. No naturalized staff!
          Last edited by Chuck Diesel; 02-08-2020, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Right. I'm an imbecile. You got me down, a troll and an imbecile. I was telling the collective complainers to shut up, but you can obviously feel free to join them. Why stop with players? Mike Malone has no business being on Serbia's staff the summer. No naturalized staff!
            Mixing assistant coaches and players makes my impression about trolling and being and imbecile even more accurate. What an epic spin. Oh sorry, it should have been ironic, right? Sorry, I always need some time to get westerner's fun.

Aaah, it hurts, no naturalized staff. :-(

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Diesel
              It's hypocritical to be in favor of an American coach & aghast at an American player. I'll try my hand at Serbian fun & throw a heated coin at an opposing player while I hurl ethnic insults at him & mutter nonsense about some war in the 14th century.
              What's a heated coin? The second part was really funny! You would make a good Serb.

Sorry for offtopic.

Comment

What's a heated coin? The second part was really funny! You would make a good Serb.

Sorry for offtopic.
                Opposing players visiting club teams have told stories about fans heating coins with their lighters & hurling at them on the bench or when they're at the foul line. And thank you, I am an honorary Serb at my friend's Sava every January 20th. I've heard it all.

Comment

Opposing players visiting club teams have told stories about fans heating coins with their lighters & hurling at them on the bench free throw line. And thank you, I am an honorary Serb at my friend's Sava every January 20th. I've heard it all.
                  I watched with my own eyes at Red Star games during the last decades players being hit by coins (unfortunately not heated), flares (very heated), fire distinguishers, plastic bags filled with urine, chairs but never with heated coins. I feel a little desperate right now because I missed maybe the greatest one.

The really bad thing is that games of national team are usually visited from much more civilized people than those from Red Star (at least I don't feel that comfortable there) - I hope that there will be some Balkan derby at the preparation so that Mike Malone can witness pure Serbian hospitality (heated coins included). The full package.

Believe it or not, I just googled "how to heat coins".
                  Last edited by Katastroika; 02-08-2020, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• DeShane Davis Karkin

Comment

• Originally posted by Obina View Post
                      DeShane Davis Karkin
                      That's fake news, sadly, but damn, Karkin just sounds too funny

Comment

• as far as the world is concerned about the pandemic of corona virus, i am not sure the olympic tournament is going to be completed this year or not !but for sure the spirit of the game will survive.

Comment

• So it is quite likely that the NBA is cancelled for the rest of the season. This leaves us with two options. The Olympics will continue or they will also be cancelled. Either way, let's say the Olympics will continue, then all players will be eligible for the Olympic qualifying tournament. Since the EL and the NBA will probably not continue. If the Olympics are cancelled, then Olympic qualifying tournaments can continue at a later date this summer. Whereby once again, all players will be eligible. The qualified teams can join the remaining qualified teams during next summer (probably). Unless the Olympics will be skipped.
                          PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

• If the Olympic Qualifying Tournamets are cancelled and the Olympic Games are organized as planned, then there are two ways to decide the teams:

1st way is to invite the teams into the Olympic Games by considering their FIBA rankings. Olympic teams list in this way would be:

USA
                            Spain
                            Australia
                            Argentina
                            Serbia
                            France
                            Greece
                            Lithuania
                            Czech Republic
                            Iran
                            Nigeria
                            Japan

2nd way is to decide the teams through the World Cup 2019 Final Standings. Olympic teams list in this way would only have one difference which is Poland instead of Greece.

USA
                            Spain
                            Australia
                            Argentina
                            Serbia
                            France
                            Poland
                            Lithuania
                            Czech Republic
                            Iran
                            Nigeria
                            Japan

Another rumor about the possible teams in the Olympics is to blindly invite the tournaments hosts. These would be Lithuania, Serbia, Croatia and Canada. I think this is the least likely way to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZaliaBalta View Post
                              If the Olympic Qualifying Tournamets are cancelled and the Olympic Games are organized as planned, then there are two ways to decide the teams:
                              The difference between the OQT and the Olympics is one month. If need be, one can also postpone the OQT for a week or two. There is little reason to cancel the OQT while the Olympics are not cancelled. It is more likely that both will be cancelled.
                              PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ZaliaBalta View Post
                                If the Olympic Qualifying Tournamets are cancelled and the Olympic Games are organized as planned, then there are two ways to decide the teams:

1st way is to invite the teams into the Olympic Games by considering their FIBA rankings. Olympic teams list in this way would be:

USA
                                Spain
                                Australia
                                Argentina
                                Serbia
                                France
                                Greece
                                Lithuania
                                Czech Republic
                                Iran
                                Nigeria
                                Japan

2nd way is to decide the teams through the World Cup 2019 Final Standings. Olympic teams list in this way would only have one difference which is Poland instead of Greece.

USA
                                Spain
                                Australia
                                Argentina
                                Serbia
                                France
                                Poland
                                Lithuania
                                Czech Republic
                                Iran
                                Nigeria
                                Japan

Another rumor about the possible teams in the Olympics is to blindly invite the tournaments hosts. These would be Lithuania, Serbia, Croatia and Canada. I think this is the least likely way to happen.
                                Slobodan Sarenac, journalist who is 30 years around Serbian national team, told today that there won't be qualifying tournaments and that FIBA is exactly evaluating your two mentioned scenarios - whether the last 4 places will be given via World Cup standings or via FIBA rankings.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information