• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cedelf P. Tupas
    @cedelfptINQ
    ·
    1m
    @aseanbasketball
    names 10 greatest players. Filipinos Jerick Cañada, Leo Avenido and Bobby Ray Parks part of the list.
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Originally posted by magic_chiongson View Post
      somebody already put chicken joy, balkman, brownlee as the imports for alab in the wiki page

is there any veracity to this?
      how about McKenzie Moore (for Brownlee that is still playing for Ginebra),Ronaldo Balkman and Liam Mcmorrow?
      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
        how about McKenzie Moore (for Brownlee that is still playing for Ginebra),Ronaldo Balkman and Liam Mcmorrow?
        well abl will probably start around january.. abl giving way to sea games.. most likely brownlee can still make it for alab in time..
        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
          well abl will probably start around january.. abl giving way to sea games.. most likely brownlee can still make it for alab in time..
          stand corrected, the season will start next month..

sigpic

Comment

Brickman
            Gray
            Rosser
            Domingo

who are the other locals for alab? no Caela Tiongson?
            LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
            Morayta

Comment

Are Mpbl players also banned to go to the ABL?

Comment

Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                Are Mpbl players also banned to go to the ABL?
                some players are still under contract by some mpbl teams. mpbl prohibits some players to get release by mpbl clubs and play in other league

sigpic

Comment

Another stupid rule, but this only refers to the PBA, are other leagues included? Some MPBL players are also playing in the D-League..
                  -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

In terms of set-up and rules, not econimic power or funding, the ABL is actually a better set-up than the PBA in terms of developing local talent appropriate for FIBA.

Before people mention players names etc, read what i just said above.. I'm referring to set-up, not what money has been able to attract in terms of players...
                    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                      In terms of set-up and rules, not econimic power or funding, the ABL is actually a better set-up than the PBA in terms of developing local talent appropriate for FIBA.

Before people mention players names etc, read what i just said above.. I'm referring to set-up, not what money has been able to attract in terms of players...
                      Then our NT for SEA Games better get ready for some surprise coz our SEA neighbors NT players are mostly playing in the ABL and they have better development in talent and has better preparation because of the way ABL is set - up better than our own local league, If I was Tim Cone I would be s******* my pants in the taught that they might actually lost the SEA Gold, when was the last time our NT lost in the SEA Games?

Comment

Originally posted by fadzki View Post
                        Then our NT for SEA Games better get ready for some surprise coz our SEA neighbors NT players are mostly playing in the ABL and they have better development in talent and har better preparation because of the way ABL is set - up better than our own local league, would not want to be Tim Cone right now, when was the last time our NT lost in the SEA Games..
                        It doesn't necessary translate to results, you can develop a player whose at level 2 and covert him to level 6.. but still won't matter if the other league drafts a player already at level 7 and does not improve at all and stays at same level (7)
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                          Another stupid rule, but this only refers to the PBA, are other leagues included? Some MPBL players are also playing in the D-League..
                          depends on players contract kaya some players are released.. if the contract doesn't include the release clause then the player needs to wait until the end of mpbl season..

sigpic

Comment

If we had a players union, this woudnt happened.

Who makes new rules during the season?

Comment

All pro players are contractual workers, and under Philippine law, contractual workers can't unionize.
                              -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Caelan Tiongson retires from professional basketball at the ripe old age of 27.

And to think that's the age of some PBA rookies.

The Asian Basketball, often abbreviated to the ABL, is a men's professional basketball league in Southeast Asia, China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information