2019 - 2020 ASEAN Basketball League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    and that is why Malaysian born Bulagarian Simeon Lepichev is considered a local
    And why HK-born Joseph Eriobu plays as a local for Hong Kong Eastern. Theoretically CJ Perez is eligible to play for HK as a local.

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
      And why HK-born Joseph Eriobu plays as a local for Hong Kong Eastern. Theoretically CJ Perez is eligible to play for HK as a local.
      Oh yeah, forgot about Eriobu who's with HK roster nga pala

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
        Oh yeah, forgot about Eriobu who's with HK roster nga pala

ABL games is now postponed.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrax View Post
          Stay safe, interbasket peeps!

OT

Right now, the Philippines has one of the highest covid 19 mortality rates at 6/64, although this is an inaccurate depiction of the state of the pandemic in the country because this government has insufficient testing kits and centers and is not testing everyone who has the symptoms.

the government has also succeeded in scaring many people, including asymptomatic carriers, to disperse, leave the Metro and flock to the provinces, drastically increasing the rate of infection.so good luck to those of you in the provinces.

on the brighter side, the earth is healing as human activity is reduced. so i'm upbeat. i'll probably use some of my free time back-reading the juicy threads here (sip a cup of tea while the earth heals)

Comment

• "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
              aww, too bad, was hoping that this league might expand and further the growth of basketball in the region..
              SEA is still a football region, I remember during the league's inception, a lot of IBN forumers were claiming that ABL will rival the PBA/might end the PBA..

OT. hopefully the rumors regarding the East Asia Super League is true, instead of the 1 week tournament used by the Terrific 12, organizers are planning to host a 6 month season with 2 top teams from China, Japan, S. Korea and the Philippines

The inaugural season of the EASL will be an eight team competition played over a six month period with the top two teams from each of the four nations qualifying. By 2023 the league will expand to 16 teams meaning the top four teams from the respective leagues will be represented in the competition. Each season's Final Four tournament will be hosted by one of the four nations, with the venue rotating between the countries every four years. ■

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                aww, too bad, was hoping that this league might expand and further the growth of basketball in the region..
                SEA is still a football region, I remember during the league's inception, a lot of IBN forumers were claiming that ABL will rival the PBA/might end the PBA..

OT. hopefully the rumors regarding the East Asia Super League is true, instead of the 1 week tournament used by the Terrific 12, organizers are planning to host a 6 month season with 2 top teams from China, Japan, S. Korea and the Philippines

The inaugural season of the EASL will be an eight team competition played over a six month period with the top two teams from each of the four nations qualifying. By 2023 the league will expand to 16 teams meaning the top four teams from the respective leagues will be represented in the competition. Each season's Final Four tournament will be hosted by one of the four nations, with the venue rotating between the countries every four years. ■
                Which team in the Philippines I wonder will play for 6 months? Chooks or Mighty?

Comment

• Originally posted by allmight View Post
                  Which team in the Philippines I wonder will play for 6 months? Chooks or Mighty?
                  or Gilas Cadets team A and Team B, though I would rather have one SMC team (SMB) and one MVP Team (TNT) in this league!

Comment

Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                    or Gilas Cadets team A and Team B, though I would rather have one SMC team (SMB) and one MVP Team (TNT) in this league!
                    should be top teams of PBA.. not some high class ligang labas team like mighty.. for sure the tournament will require you to parade 2 imports.
                    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

This would be a great Idea. The EASL would in turn be a qualifier for some of the teams to FIBA-Asia Champions Cup. The only thing that is confusing about it is the eligibility rules, if they are willing to let Filipino-Foreign players who were not able to get a passport before they turn 16 years old. 3 imports will be good but I think 10 local players and 2 imports without height restrictions will be enough.
                      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                        This would be a great Idea. The EASL would in turn be a qualifier for some of the teams to FIBA-Asia Champions Cup. The only thing that is confusing about it is the eligibility rules, if they are willing to let Filipino-Foreign players who were not able to get a passport before they turn 16 years old. 3 imports will be good but I think 10 local players and 2 imports without height restrictions will be enough.
                        the last Terrific 12 did not follow FIBA eligibility , Ross and Cstan were able to play for SMB (https://www.fibalivestats.com/u/TS8/1343370/bs.html) hope they will still implement the same eligibility rules

Comment

• With the possible folding up of ABL, the chance for domestic leagues to reestablish or build more on their reputation (SBL, VBA, TBL/TBSL, IBL) is higher.

I mean without ABL, teams like Formosa Dreamers, aside from just disbanding their team, might join SBL. Fubon Braves might rejoin SBL. With Dacin Tigers might re-establish their team. This might result into an 8-team league of SBL.
                          Attack
                          defend
                          Unite

Comment

• If it's 6 months, I doubt PBA will lend a team. I mean, what's their off season?

Comment

If it's 6 months, I doubt PBA will lend a team. I mean, what's their off season?
                              It's like uefa champions league set up..
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                                It's like uefa champions league set up..
                                Yes. That's a great idea. man, PBA teams will be exhausted. I still think a tnt or smb can go deep using that format since imports can fill in injuries or resting players.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information