2019 - 2020 ASEAN Basketball League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
    Caelan Tiongson retires from professional basketball at the ripe old age of 27.

And to think that's the age of some PBA rookies.

https://aseanbasketballleague.com/ab...-27-years-old/
    wut. did he get injured or something?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
      wut. did he get injured or something?
      there's life after basketball for him, I guess
      “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
      -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

sayang maybe he has better opportunities in the corporate world or anywhere else,who knows.
        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

I actually understand Tiongson's decision and in fact more players to me should retire early, the standard and income potential isn't really wise to bank on long term.
          Especially the guys in the MPBL, most should be looking for careers outside basketball, they're just too many relying on the sport and for too long as a career
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
            I actually understand Tiongson's decision and in fact more players to me should retire early, the standard and income potential isn't really wise to bank on long term.
            Especially the guys in the MPBL, most should be looking for careers outside basketball, they're just too many relying on the sport and for too long as a career
            he is actually good. maybe lost passion of the game? im sure he will earn good in the PBA.
            The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

problem is most of these players just went to school to play and earn, they do not really intend to learn anything. I was classmates with several varsity players who only showed up on the 1st day of class. they reach adulthood with basketball as their only means of livelihood, so naturally they're gonna milk that for as long as they can
              -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

^
                Of course he can, but from a 15 to 20 year perspective of sustainable income in the US (if he has a career path), the latter is actually more financially prudent and wise.

Understand not many corporates in the US will be open to a new hire who spent the last 14 years of his life just playing full time basketball
                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                  problem is most of these players just went to school to play and earn, they do not really intend to learn anything. I was classmates with several varsity players who only showed up on the 1st day of class. they reach adulthood with basketball as their only means of livelihood, so naturally they're gonna milk that for as long as they can
                  Which is the point that needs addressing and awareness, I truly believe if we're looking at the true welfare of most of our players unless you're a main contributor (top 4) in your college team (UAAP level), you should be leveraging your scholarship to get a quality education. That objectively is the best advice to be given, too many are relying on the sport as their career fiancial pathway

Comment

^
                    Of course he can, but from a 15 to 20 year perspective of sustainable income in the US (if he has a career path), the latter is actually more financially prudent and wise.

Understand not many corporates in the US will be open to a new hire who spent the last 14 years of his life just playing full time basketball
                    that's true in the US but in the PH situation basketball is literally the only life for most players.. this is partly the reason why players want to play for SMC b/c ECJ is generous with post retirement packages.. e.g. he gave Danny I a hog farm. essentially the best move financially for most players in the PH is to play until their legs give out
                    -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                      that's true in the US but in the PH situation basketball is literally the only life for most players.. this is partly the reason why players want to play for SMC b/c ECJ is generous with post retirement packages.. e.g. he gave Danny I a hog farm. essentially the best move financially for most players in the PH is to play until their legs give out
                      I agree for those in the Philippines who really don't have a clear educational to regular work pathway.

It's one reason some have opted to just play for the B team but of a prestigious academically college over A team of other colleges

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                        he is actually good. maybe lost passion of the game? im sure he will earn good in the PBA.
                        His passion is hollywood, he is chasing his ex who be come a bachelorette
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I just checked. Yup. Looks like he makes Christian reality TV starring himself and his ex.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                            His passion is hollywood, he is chasing his ex who be come a bachelorette
                            Hopefully not the path a certain collegiate basketball player with a lot of potential would follow...

Comment

so the only confirmed players on the Alab roster are:
                              Jason Brickman
                              Jeremiah Gray
                              Lawrence Domingo
                              Brandon Rosser
                              Renaldo Balkman
                              -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Originally posted by robert0326
                                Good example is Scottie Thompson.. if not for PBA eh he can't able to put his business Venture if he is only a ordinary student..
                                under the table deals works for 2 evil empires..
                                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information