No announcement yet.

2019 - 2020 ASEAN Basketball League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they have to be familiar with each other soon.that's what happens when a team is not tested but I think they will improve.Just imagine if this Thai team with Lamb,Morgan and Lish and and Ryan Watkins(naturalized) plus the rest of the mono vampire locals on their sea games roster.those guys have been playing for years already.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• LOL 111-76

This might just be the worst Alab team ever formed.

Fubon vs Mono for the Championship?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
        LOL 111-76

This might just be the worst Alab team ever formed.

Fubon vs Mono for the Championship?
        Yeah probably. Mono is super stacked man they are essentially an NBA D League level team.

I thought Alab would have played better, they did defeat gilas in a preseason match so its not like they are bad. Lack of a premier player like Balkman showed. imports did not deliver, time to change them if this continues.
        Last edited by bballcrazy; 11-17-2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
          damn. ABL is very exciting.
          Call me a fanboy but I sincerely believe ABL is the 3rd best league in terms of talent in Asia.

NBL > CBA > ABL then a threeway tie between KBL/Japan league and PBA (Dont watch enough to know which is better but its prob real close between these 3)

Comment

• Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
            Call me a fanboy but I sincerely believe ABL is the 3rd best league in terms of talent in Asia.

NBL > CBA > ABL then a threeway tie between KBL/Japan league and PBA (Dont watch enough to know which is better but its prob real close between these 3)
            If you don't watch enough of all said leagues maybe you shouldn't be ranking them.. Nevertheless, ABL is indeed improving. Kudos to the clubs and the league organization & I hope it lasts 10 more years.
            “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
            -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

I honestly think with 3 imports the PBA can beat any team in the ABL.With that said, I think we still have to consider the Japanese, Korean,Iranian and Lebanese leagues.
              Last edited by Alex07; 11-17-2019, 01:19 PM.
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Isaiah Austin, Terrence Jones and Orlando Johnson would have been great for Alab but I don't know about their availability and if alab could afford them all.

Comment

• Yeah, if you add 3 world imports for every team in all the Asian leagues the ABL would be top 8. This isn't a ranking but can name 7 leagues of the top off my head that will have better talent (in no particular order) : NBL, KBL, PBA, JBA, LBL, ISBL, CBA,

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                    Yeah, if you add 3 world imports for every team in all the Asian leagues the ABL would be top 8. This isn't a ranking but can name 7 leagues of the top off my head that will have better talent (in no particular order) : NBL, KBL, PBA, JBA, LBL, ISBL, CBA,
                    Well the point is that most of the leagues have 1 or 2 imports only. So it is what it is since it's a club competition and not national. But then again, even the locals level has significantly improved as they consider half nationalities as locals now.

Comment

Well the point is that most of the leagues have 1 or 2 imports only. So it is what it is since it's a club competition and not national. But then again, even the locals level has significantly improved as they consider half nationalities as locals now.
                      Yeah I'm glad the ABL is improving but lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

Comment

• parang japan league lang.. but entry of taiwan legends este stars they somehow they make competition at par with japan league tother withamericans with asean heritage
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                          Isaiah Austin, Terrence Jones and Orlando Johnson would have been great for Alab but I don't know about their availability and if alab could afford them all.
                          terrrnce jones on smb payroll..haha
                          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                            Yeah I'm glad the ABL is improving but lets not get too ahead of ourselves.
                            Any possibility of an ABL and PBA merger? For PBA it can be a single conference thing. I think it will be really cool if it happens.

Comment

Any possibility of an ABL and PBA merger? For PBA it can be a single conference thing. I think it will be really cool if it happens.
                              99% impossible
                              “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                              -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                                I honestly think with 3 imports the PBA can beat any team in the ABL.With that said, I think we still have to consider the Japanese, Korean,Iranian and Lebanese leagues.
                                When has the PBA ever had 3 imports? besides what will determine who wins games between teams with 3 imports is mainly which team has the better 3 imports , and a quality 4th / 5th man. not which team has the better 6th to 12 th man ..

Casing point I don't think Mono has a better 6th to 12th man roster than Alab, even w/o it didn't matter with the results
                                Last edited by analyzed; 11-18-2019, 06:20 AM.
                                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information