Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 - 2020 ASEAN Basketball League

What's happening to the alab-mono match? All official livestreams are down and no updates from abl

edit: found boxscores. Mono up by 20+ at the half

https://aseanbasketballleague.com/event/1448189/

new imports pls for alab haha--down 20+ ---What's happening to the 3 imports too--haha kinakain ng buhay

they have to be familiar with each other soon.that's what happens when a team is not tested but I think they will improve.Just imagine if this Thai team with Lamb,Morgan and Lish and and Ryan Watkins(naturalized) plus the rest of the mono vampire locals on their sea games roster.those guys have been playing for years already.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

LOL 111-76

This might just be the worst Alab team ever formed.

Fubon vs Mono for the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    LOL 111-76

This might just be the worst Alab team ever formed.

Fubon vs Mono for the Championship?
    Yeah probably. Mono is super stacked man they are essentially an NBA D League level team.

I thought Alab would have played better, they did defeat gilas in a preseason match so its not like they are bad. Lack of a premier player like Balkman showed. imports did not deliver, time to change them if this continues.
    Last edited by bballcrazy; 11-17-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    damn. ABL is very exciting.
    Call me a fanboy but I sincerely believe ABL is the 3rd best league in terms of talent in Asia.

NBL > CBA > ABL then a threeway tie between KBL/Japan league and PBA (Dont watch enough to know which is better but its prob real close between these 3)

Quote Originally Posted by bballcrazy View Post
    Call me a fanboy but I sincerely believe ABL is the 3rd best league in terms of talent in Asia.

NBL > CBA > ABL then a threeway tie between KBL/Japan league and PBA (Dont watch enough to know which is better but its prob real close between these 3)
    If you don't watch enough of all said leagues maybe you shouldn't be ranking them.. Nevertheless, ABL is indeed improving. Kudos to the clubs and the league organization & I hope it lasts 10 more years.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

I honestly think with 3 imports the PBA can beat any team in the ABL.With that said, I think we still have to consider the Japanese, Korean,Iranian and Lebanese leagues.
    Last edited by Alex07; 11-17-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Isaiah Austin, Terrence Jones and Orlando Johnson would have been great for Alab but I don't know about their availability and if alab could afford them all.

Yeah, if you add 3 world imports for every team in all the Asian leagues the ABL would be top 8. This isn't a ranking but can name 7 leagues of the top off my head that will have better talent (in no particular order) : NBL, KBL, PBA, JBA, LBL, ISBL, CBA,

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Yeah, if you add 3 world imports for every team in all the Asian leagues the ABL would be top 8. This isn't a ranking but can name 7 leagues of the top off my head that will have better talent (in no particular order) : NBL, KBL, PBA, JBA, LBL, ISBL, CBA,
    Well the point is that most of the leagues have 1 or 2 imports only. So it is what it is since it's a club competition and not national. But then again, even the locals level has significantly improved as they consider half nationalities as locals now.

Well the point is that most of the leagues have 1 or 2 imports only. So it is what it is since it's a club competition and not national. But then again, even the locals level has significantly improved as they consider half nationalities as locals now.
    Yeah I'm glad the ABL is improving but lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

parang japan league lang.. but entry of taiwan legends este stars they somehow they make competition at par with japan league tother withamericans with asean heritage
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Isaiah Austin, Terrence Jones and Orlando Johnson would have been great for Alab but I don't know about their availability and if alab could afford them all.
    terrrnce jones on smb payroll..haha
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Yeah I'm glad the ABL is improving but lets not get too ahead of ourselves.
    Any possibility of an ABL and PBA merger? For PBA it can be a single conference thing. I think it will be really cool if it happens.

Any possibility of an ABL and PBA merger? For PBA it can be a single conference thing. I think it will be really cool if it happens.
    99% impossible
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    I honestly think with 3 imports the PBA can beat any team in the ABL.With that said, I think we still have to consider the Japanese, Korean,Iranian and Lebanese leagues.
    When has the PBA ever had 3 imports? besides what will determine who wins games between teams with 3 imports is mainly which team has the better 3 imports , and a quality 4th / 5th man. not which team has the better 6th to 12 th man ..

Casing point I don't think Mono has a better 6th to 12th man roster than Alab, even w/o it didn't matter with the results
    Last edited by analyzed; 11-18-2019 at 06:20 AM.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Box scores:

MONO VAMPIRE 111 - Singletary 19, Morgan 16, Lish 13, Lamb 13, Watkins 13, Chanthachon 10, Knowles 8, Ananti 8, Towaroj 5, Boonserm 4, Saengtong 2, Phuangla 0.

SAN MIGUEL ALAB PILIPINAS 76 - King 21, Vigil 13, Heading 12, Domingo 10, Gray 9, Wyatt 6, Forbes 4, Ganuelas-Rosser 1, Brickman 0, Rangel 0.

QUARTER SCORES: 31-12; 54-31; 80-52; 111-76.

i just hope more people will watch ABL so that many high quality players will join the league specially from the PBA.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

No way bro becoz ABL wants a 6-month season while PBA people wants to play basketball for 14 months a year
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast