Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
    future pg of gilas pilipinas..
    interesting,,, how does he compare to CJ and Bolick?
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
      Perez and Bolick will be at the same level as BRP if they play in ABL.

Comment

• Originally posted by sausaged View Post
        Alab scored its 1st win of the season against Macao. Jordan Heading with 27 pts.
        he is like the new JD.
        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• heading is more of SG than a PG
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• It's just a matter of time and BRP is still adjusting to the PBA. Not really a comparision just showing the numbers here:

Perez PBA career high so far is 39 points
            BRP - 28 points
            I must be looking the wrong places but I can't seem to find Robert Bolicks career high so far

Comment

• Btw it is pretty sick that Julian Boyd had 4 ACLs and still have so much bounce.
              I had a full ACL tear before and it is damm tedious to get back my leg to somewhat comfortable level.

I can't imagine going through 4 ACLs and still play at such a high level. I will probably just quit totally
              if I had a 2nd ACL tear.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
                Btw it is pretty sick that Julian Boyd had 4 ACLs and still have so much bounce.
                I had a full ACL tear before and it is damm tedious to get back my leg to somewhat comfortable level.

I can't imagine going through 4 ACLs and still play at such a high level. I will probably just quit totally
                if I had a 2nd ACL tear.
                Advent of modern sports medicine.

3 decades ago, you suffer an ACL tear & you would loose much of your foot speed & leap. Now we can see a number of players hit by ACL tear, some even hit twice, yet would hardly show any sign of slowing down or losing some leap. I think Allein Maliksi suffered 2 ACL tears already yet he is still quick & athletic.

BTW, I hope AJ Edu won't lose any foot speed & leap & bounce after that ACL tear.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                  Not as athletic as CJ Perez & not that quick but I think his game has some semblance with Bolick.

I agree with Silent Killer that Heading is more of a shooting guard than a point guard, but I think Heading could be converted as a combo guard.
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Btw it is pretty sick that Julian Boyd had 4 ACLs and still have so much bounce.

if I had a 2nd ACL tear.
                    probably genetics and definitely good sports medicine..
                    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                    -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Do you think the ABL locals willl improve if they use 3 imports but allow only 2 at the same time in the court? This is like in the Middle eastern league like Lebanon and Iran.

Based on what I'm seeing it's not really imports guarding locals and not many locals can really score (or even attempt) to score against the big imports. So locals are stagnant in a league that's still import vs import.

Comment

• Originally posted by allmight View Post
                        Do you think the ABL locals willl improve if they use 3 imports but allow only 2 at the same time in the court? This is like in the Middle eastern league like Lebanon and Iran.

Based on what I'm seeing it's not really imports guarding locals and not many locals can really score (or even attempt) to score against the big imports. So locals are stagnant in a league that's still import vs import.
                        The locals who do get playing time will improve greatly but the rest won't improve at all. Look at Lebanon and Iran national players, they're very good. I think in Lebanon all three imports can be on the floor at the same time
                        “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                        -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by allmight View Post
                          Do you think the ABL locals willl improve if they use 3 imports but allow only 2 at the same time in the court? This is like in the Middle eastern league like Lebanon and Iran.

Just allow all 3 They have their own local leagues for their own local players. ABL is like the cream of the crop where the few best locals can play at the highest level.

Yes, those locals are pretty good. I watch the ABL games so I know. Like Cai Chen, he was better than a washed up Eddy Curry last season. There's quite a few locals who can score. Lin Chih Chieh too, but of course that guy is a vet already.
                          Last edited by bballcrazy; 12-03-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                            heading is more of SG than a PG

Then another combo guard candidate,win win for me.

Comment

Just allow all 3 They have their own local leagues for their own local players. ABL is like the cream of the crop where the few best locals can play at the highest level.

Yes, those locals are pretty good. I watch the ABL games so I know. Like Cai Chen, he was better than a washed up Eddy Curry last season. There's quite a few locals who can score. Lin Chih Chieh too, but of course that guy is a vet already.
                              Dude fubon braves is like the Taiwanese 2013 national team that beat gilas. They are the team to beat this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                                Not as athletic as CJ Perez & not that quick but I think his game has some semblance with Bolick.

I agree with Silent Killer that Heading is more of a shooting guard than a point guard, but I think Heading could be converted as a combo guard.
                                He resembles more of Bollick but stronger and more athletic...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information