Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: 2019 - 2020 ASEAN Basketball League

Domingo should try his luck in the PBA already.Brickman probably will get drafted probably,Alab then should get Stephen Holt and D.J.Fenner as replacements.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Domingo should try his luck in the PBA already.Brickman probably will get drafted probably,Alab then should get Stephen Holt and D.J.Fenner as replacements.
    .. and be forced to play as an undersized center for the rest of his career? Heck no. if he wants to develop himself as an athlete he will stay in the ABL. The money's pretty good though, so he'll probably move there like Pringle did.
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    .. and be forced to play as an undersized center for the rest of his career? Heck no. if he wants to develop himself as an athlete he will stay in the ABL. The money's pretty good though, so he'll probably move there like Pringle did.
    In Alab he is also forced to play power forward.DJ Fenner plays guard in college but plays power forward in Europe.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

jimmy alapag is doing a good job on this team given the kind of lineup he has..

Another guy they could recruit is 6'8 power forward Timothy Harrison from rice university.I read somewhere thathe is Fil-Am and now on his senior year with the Owls.Will Artino is currently molesting Domingo in the post,I think Alab should consider getting good sized post players.Alab currently down by 18.

https://riceowls.com/sports/mens-bas...-harrison/5051

Artino is too big for Alab even for 6'7-6'8 Brandon Rosser.Nick King is of no use against bigger players as well,Although smaller,I think a fit and healthy Eugene Phelps could have done a way better job.I know Joshua Smith is Tnt's import but he would smother Will Artino to pieces if that was the match up.Brownlee,Phelps and Smith,that's championship right there.

Last edited by Alex07; 02-19-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Another guy they could recruit is 6'8 power forward Timothy Harrison from rice university.I read somewhere thathe is Fil-Am and now on his senior year with the Owls.Will Artino is currently molesting Domingo in the post,I think Alab should consider getting good sized post players.Alab currently down by 18.

Not impressive. His season-high is 4 points against a D-III school.

Baka pwede i one and done yan hahah
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Baka pwede i one and done yan hahah
    Paging La Salle,maybe after March madness

Alab sorely misses Balkman. I think they can still get him after the February window. with Balkman and Brownlee in the team they don't really need a third import other than for rim protection purposes
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Quote Originally Posted by Yameetee View Post
    Not impressive. His season-high is 4 points against a D-III school.
    If the PH (particularly DLSU) could get Laput then why not this kid?

Deguara and King should go

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Alab sorely misses Balkman. I think they can still get him after the February window. with Balkman and Brownlee in the team they don't really need a third import other than for rim protection purposes
    Not if he will not be a part of the Puerto Rico roster.I'm not sure about the schedule but this might be something that would hinder his Alab return.The reason why I want Alab to get the services of Eugene Phelps.Phelps is equally proven however he has no PBA championships like Balkman or Brownlee, Phelps i think is like Balkman being a very mobile power forward, reliable on both offense and defense and doesn't back down at the post even if the opponent is way bigger.If I will just based the circumstances on their last game,Alab needs to replace both King and Deguara.Phelps, if fit and uninjured offers a strong case to be on that lineup,Just imagine Brownlee and Phelps,scoring and rebounding would not be much of a problem anymore. "IF" TNT's Joshua Smith is available, he will be a better replacement to Sam Deguara, although they should also put into account his physical condition and the minutes he could play.

Rangel looks legit 6'7" but can't even set a good screen

So according to the interview with Eric Menk, no-one on the Alab coaching staff knows where Brownlee is.

Alapag is concerned about him because contact has been on and off. If this is not JB being a diva then they should be concerned.

Meanwhile, Balkman still ballin hard against these g-leauge USA team.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    So according to the interview with Eric Menk, no-one on the Alab coaching staff knows where Brownlee is.
    COVID-19 scare??

Bring in Eugene Phelps, then replace King once Brownlee becomes available.

Bring in Eugene Phelps, then replace King once Brownlee becomes available.
    They better do it soon, whatever they decide. The ABL deadline to change lineup is Feb 29.

Saigon Heat signs 7 foot Jason Washburn  

-------------------------------

The Saigon Heat has signed center Jason Washburn. In a related move, the team has released center Malcolm White.

In 12 games for Yokohama B-Corsairs at Japan B-League this season, Jason has averaged 15.9 points (50.3 FG%), 9.7 rebounds and 3.3 assists in 37.8 minutes per game.

Jason Washburn also played college basketball for the University of Utah and later on also played for the Utah Jazz (NBA team) in the summer league in Las Vegas.

We would like to extend a warm welcome to Jason Washburn to our #HEAT family.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    They better do it soon, whatever they decide. The ABL deadline to change lineup is Feb 29.

Time for Alab to replace King and Deguara

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast