No announcement yet.

Group D: SRB-ITA-PHI-ANG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angola not as weak as people projected them to be. No blowouts so far. Serbia playing a little complacent.

Comment

I remember when the US team had players that were as popular among the Chinese fans as Jokic.
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Serbia just letting Angola shoot those 3s. This game feels like a tune-up game for them.

They are probably conserving the energy for the more important games.

Comment

Serbia rotation like in hockey Too much talent for coach Is Jovic really better than Micic?
          LIETUVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7iGqEDXHNc

Comment

Originally posted by LDK View Post
            Serbia rotation like in hockey Too much talent for coach Is Jovic really better than Micic?
            He was in all prep games. Especially on defense...

Comment

Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
              I know I sound crazy but I think we can be competitive against Serbia and (hopefully by some miracle) win a close game against Italy. In 2014 WC we kept things close vs Puerto Rico, Croatia and world number 3 at the time Argentina. Our midget guard duos of 5’8 Alapag, 5’9 Tenorio and 5’9 Castro worked surprisingly well, Now we are using a taller lineup than back then.
              What have you been smoking? Philippines a chance against Serbia? They will be lucky if they dont get crushed by 30 points or more. Italy will be the match to watch, although Philippines will need more than one miracle to come up with a win there. These teams not only have a huge height advantage, they also simply play better.
              So sorry to say that, but angola may be your only chance to celebrate.

Comment

I felt sorry for the guys from Angola
                Bronze medal 2017 Eurobasket prediction Game

Comment

dayum, them african teams really suck at this game of basketball for some reason...and it's not like their ancestors once didn't cross the Great Pond and settle down in New England to form US of America later on and start dominating the basketball programme worldwide. So I wonder what gives here then, surely not a lack of physical capabilities

Comment

Originally posted by bsgermany View Post
                    What have you been smoking? Philippines a chance against Serbia? They will be lucky if they dont get crushed by 30 points or more. Italy will be the match to watch, although Philippines will need more than one miracle to come up with a win there. These teams not only have a huge height advantage, they also simply play better.
                    So sorry to say that, but angola may be your only chance to celebrate.
                    By competitive i meant 15-25 point loss. I’m not an idiot lols

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                      dayum, them african teams really suck at this game of basketball for some reason...and it's not like their ancestors once didn't cross the Great Pond and settle down in New England to form US of America later on and start dominating the basketball programme worldwide. So I wonder what gives here then, surely not a lack of physical capabilities
                      More than a single factor.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                        Of course its because of America's basketball program which is super competitive. Its not the race, its the country. But blacks do have a genetic advantage which helps them.

Comment

Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
                          But blacks do have a genetic advantage which helps them.
                          This has been scientifically disproven. There is no inherent genetic advantage for blacks in terms of athleticism.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                            This has been scientifically disproven. There is no inherent genetic advantage for blacks in terms of athleticism.
                            if this thing is true, african teams and qatar should be in the top 20 basketball teams in the world.
                            Attack
                            defend
                            Unite

Comment

Apart only from the faster twitching muscles, which help with the speed and jumping ability tremendously...

Comment

LOL. By who? You?

I do believe every race can have fast twitch genes and can genetically be athletic, also exercising and training plays a part. Whites, Asians or whatever other races also can have 44+ inch verticals. But blacks are likelier to possess these fast twitch genes than other races. Its like every race can have tall people, Asians have their giants like Yao Ming etc..but as a whole Asian are shorter than Europeans (I don't think you are going to dispute that). Same applies for athletic advantages, there are asians who can run and jump with the best of them but as a whole their are athletically inferior to blacks.

Just look at the 100m race. So far only 1 or 2 asian has break the 10 secs barrier. But blacks have been breaking the 10s barrier all the time and the world's fastest 100m runner Usain Bolt of course is also a black. NBA players are also largely blacks, even though blacks are a minority in America.

Based on empirical evidence blacks have an athletic advantage whether you like it or not.
                                Last edited by bballcrazy; 08-31-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information