Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Group B: ARG-RUS-KOR-NGA

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    the same like Karasev, whom so far looks very bad, overweight
    Huge disappointment of Russian BB. He supposed to be next big think and he does have talent, but lacking working ethics and right attitude I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

So, with Shved and D. Kulagin out, how's Russia roster shaping up? I guess the wings will be Fridzon-Kurbanov-Vorontsevich, with Karasev and Antonov coming from the bench. Bolomboy as the starting C. Who will be the PGs and the reserve bigs? Any young player to pay attention to? I was projecting Russia to be one of the most entertaining teams in the tournament, and a potential matchup for Spain in QFs; but after all the absences I'm no longer sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    So, with Shved and D. Kulagin out, how's Russia roster shaping up? I guess the wings will be Fridzon-Kurbanov-Vorontsevich, with Karasev and Antonov coming from the bench. Bolomboy as the starting C. Who will be the PGs and the reserve bigs? Any young player to pay attention to? I was projecting Russia to be one of the most entertaining teams in the tournament, and a potential matchup for Spain in QFs; but after all the absences I'm no longer sure.
    Main PG should be Mikhail Kulagin, younger bro of Dmitryj. Others PG are pretty much no name youngsters, I watched them vs Senegal a bit, a bit in other friendlies, so nothing to watch out for, at least not now. Wouldn't be surprised to see Fridzon playing PG role too. Regarding bigs, Zubkov might be important player from the bench. Ivlev should get minutes too

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Main PG should be Mikhail Kulagin, younger bro of Dmitryj. Others PG are pretty much no name youngsters, I watched them vs Senegal a bit, a bit in other friendlies, so nothing to watch out for, at least not now. Wouldn't be surprised to see Fridzon playing PG role too. Regarding bigs, Zubkov might be important player from the bench. Ivlev should get minutes too
    Thanks! I see that neither of them are traditional centers. This may not be a problem until QFs, but it's surprising for a team that could sub Mozgov with Kaun and place a dominating big under the basket at all times.

Thanks! I see that neither of them are traditional centers. This may not be a problem until QFs, but it's surprising for a team that could sub Mozgov with Kaun and place a dominating big under the basket at all times.
    Zubkov isn't a C, he is PF/SF type of player, Ivlev should be used as C, but also not that traditional C as you say. Maybe Zabelin will be picked, hard to say, he has strong body, but little skills

Nigeria with 15 players remaining in their camp as they head to Lagos:

LIST OF INVITED PLAYERS

Point Guards: Uzoh Benjamin Chukwukelo (CB Caballeros de Culican), Ireogbu Ike (Science City Jena, Germany).

Shooting Guards: Okogie Joshua Aloiye (Minnesota Timberwolves, NBA), Nwamu Ike (Sioux Falls Skyforce, NBA), Nwora Jordan Ifeanyi (University of Louisville, USA), Vincent Nnamdi Gabriel (Stockton Kings, NBA),

Small Forwards: Aminu Al Farouq (Portland Trail Blazers, NBA), Stanley Okoye (Tecnyconta Zaragoza, Spain).

Power Forward: Diogu Ikechukwu Somto (Bayaman Vaqueros, Puerto Rico), Zanna Talib (Montakit Fuenlabrada, Spain), Ekpe Udoh (Utah Jazz, NBA), Aminu Abdul Alade (Capitanies de Arecibo, Puerto Rico), Chimezie Metu (San Antonio Spurs, NBA).

Centre: Michael Eric (Darussafaka, Turkey), Akindele Jeleel Ayodeji (Hapoel SP Tel-Aviv, Israel).
    https://allafrica.com/stories/201908140594.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Ten days ago, I would say that Russia and Argentina would go through comfortably. But now, after seeing that Nigeria has a full roster on display and Shved not playing, this group looks the most interesting.
    Bronze medal 2017 Eurobasket prediction Game

Whatever happened to Festus Ezeli? Doesn't even have a team?

Whatever happened to Festus Ezeli? Doesn't even have a team?
    Don't think he ever got over his knee injuries.

It wouldn't be a Nigerian basketball campaign without this:

The senior National Basketball men’s team, D’Tigers’ earlier scheduled trip to China in continuation of their preparation for the FIBA World Cup may have suffered a setback over paucity of funds.

The D’Tigers general manager appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to intervene, so as to save the country from global embarrassment.

“I wish to appreciate the federation, the President, Engr Musa Kida and the board, they have been doing so much for this team and basketball and I think it’s time for government to step in and assist us.”

Adamu revealed that the current players in camp are talented, motivated and ready to represent Nigeria well.

“I will like to use the forum to call on the President, His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari to turn his eyes a little bit to the D’Tigers because they are also a national team.

“We are expecting support from him to release funds for our team to be able to participate in this World Cup.”

Adamu noted that Nigeria was the first country in the world to qualify for the World cup, but may end up not participating in the competition.

“We have come a long way. We have a very good, ambitious and motivated team. We really hope that the President will try to help his children, his people, to be able to participate in this World Cup, ” Adamu said.
    https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/0...ari-for-funds/

Also tweets from the players:
    https://twitter.com/Chimezie_Metu/st...79099601752065
    https://twitter.com/StanOkoye_/statu...83705245552640
    https://twitter.com/EkpeUdoh/status/1162492037465300997
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Nigeria will travel today to China with 14 players(Nwora will join them later). After a four nations tournament coach Nwora will finalise the roster. I assume that Akindele, Zanna and Nwamu will be cut from the final roster. Nevertheless Nigeria will aim the first game against Russia which looks depleted at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by soulis79 View Post
    Nigeria will travel today to China with 14 players(Nwora will join them later). After a four nations tournament coach Nwora will finalise the roster. I assume that Akindele, Zanna and Nwamu will be cut from the final roster. Nevertheless Nigeria will aim the first game against Russia which looks depleted at this moment.
    I assume they have been paid, then. Looking forward to them to qualify for the QFs. If they harness their potential I see them capable of beating Argentina and Russia.

I assume they have been paid, then. Looking forward to them to qualify for the QFs. If they harness their potential I see them capable of beating Argentina and Russia.
    According to this article they got a loan, still waiting on the government funds:
    https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/0...rts-for-china/

Argentina and Russia faced off today. And, really, I don't know what Russia is doing. They were blown away by more than 20 points. 5 of 25 three-pointers, 22 TO. No defence. This is a mess. Either they're fooling us displaying the best acting skills I've ever seen on a basketball court, or they're really one of the most hopeless Russian squads ever to play on an international stage. If they can't even keep up with Argentina they will likely lose against Nigeria too. And that's the end of the road for them.

Pity, because I really like several players in this roster and I was looking forward to a potential QFs matchup against Spain.

My Nigeria is really badly organized as I expected. Josh Okogi cant give the team a shape.

Udoh what are you doing? Missed an open layup.

I feel like this game is there for Nigeria to take, but they screw something up every time they get within a basket...Nwora was pretty bad in the first half, maybe Okoye should play more.

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    I feel like this game is there for Nigeria to take, but they screw something up every time they get within a basket...Nwora was pretty bad in the first half, maybe Okoye should play more.
    Nigeria gives stupid offensive rebounds, no wing defense and stupid iso plays. Both teams lack of play making abilities but russia looks more organized.

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    They are a bit better roster-wise but the difference is slight, so it might go at both sides.

Neither team looks very good. But stakes in this game are really high, the winner probably gets a chance to play in the quarterfinal, while the loser probably goes home after first round. A thin line between big success and failure.
    Bronze medal 2017 Eurobasket prediction Game

Russia gotta stop fouling guys taking tough shots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast