16:30 GMT+08
    City, Arena: Wuhan, Wuhan Sports Centre
    Game day 3

Russia - Argentina
    20:30 GMT+08
    City, Arena: Wuhan, Wuhan Sports Centre
    Game day 3
    FENERBAHÇE
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

I think this might be the most fun group to follow. It has the most dangerous 3rd and 4th teams of any group other than Group F and H (and maybe Group E as well). Argentina-Russia game will be a must watch affair, because even though these teams will fancy their chances against all Group A teams in the 2nd round, they will want to go into the second round without any losses anyway to avoid undue anxiety.

Prediction:
    Argentina
    Russia
    Nigeria
    Korea

Comment

Nigeria is the wild card here, they have the potential to not only turn this group upside down but the 2nd round as well. Safe bet is Argentina and Russia to advance, but I think a three way tie at 2-1 is my favored outcome.
      Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

I am still confused wether Mozgov is in or out. I think that’s an x-factor for Russia

Comment

Originally posted by Valexander View Post
          I am still confused wether Mozgov is in or out. I think that’s an x-factor for Russia
          He is out, hopes to recover for the start of the season, and still it's a bit of a question mark

Comment

The Argentinian Basketball Federation, CABB, named the 12 players that will represent the country through the national team in the 2019 FIBA World Cup. A mix of experience and talent is there with the goal of securing a spot for the 2020 Olympic Games.

Argentina’s final squad for the 2019 World Cup:

Nicolas Brussino
            Agustin Caffaro
            Facundo Campazzo
            Gabriel Deck
            Marcos Delia
            Maximo Fjellerup
            Tayavek Gallizzi
            Patricio Garino
            Nicolas Laprovittola
            Lucio Redivo
            Luis Scola
            Luca Vildoza
            The Argentinians are placed in Group B alongside South Korea, Nigeria and Russia. First or second place will lead them to the second group stage, third of fourth to classification games.

The top two American teams in the final standings will punch their ticket to Olympic Games, set to take place next summer at Japan. Before the Olympics, four more spots will be contested via qualifying tournaments.
            FENERBAHÇE
            --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
            --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
            --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
            --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Don't underestimate Nigeria. I think they can surprise some people.

Comment

Nigeria is most dangerous from those underdog's, but it have to do also with this group teams.They got those weaker elite teams that's helps alot with upsetting chances.

I feel Argentina will be just too high IQ team to be beaten simply on athletics,if I were Nigeria I would go all in on first game againts Russia.They have history starting tournaments slowly

Comment

It's a shame to find the once powerful Argentina in this sorry state. I mean, this is a former Olympic Champion now reduced to compete on the back of a 39-years-old semiretired PF as their only inside scoring threat. The other three big men are going to play in minor leagues (Argentina or Mexico) next year, and Scola has played in China.

On the other hand they boast a nice PG pair in Campazzo and Laprovittola. Actually PG may be their strongest position as Luca Vildoza is no slouch either. But everything else is subpar. A bunch of unproven wings, Scola, and a big void at center. For an NT that at some point could boast a starting five full of solid NBA players this may be a rough year.

Anyway, looking forward to the matchup between Ike Diogu and Luis Scola. A classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
                    It's a shame to find the once powerful Argentina in this sorry state. I mean, this is a former Olympic Champion now reduced to compete on the back of a 39-years-old semiretired PF as their only inside scoring threat..
                    Argentina is not in a sorry state. They are who they always were before this excellent 15 year run. That group has aged and has cycled out. Now Argentina is what they were in the 1980’s and 1990’s, a solid team but not a medal contender.
                    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                      Argentina is not in a sorry state. They are who they always were before this excellent 15 year run. That group has aged and has cycled out. Now Argentina is what they were in the 1980’s and 1990’s, a solid team but not a medal contender.
                      It's a matter of semantics. I grew up idolizing many of Argentina best players and it just makes me sad to see this team so devoid of talent. I guess that you could be grateful they made it to the World Cup unlike other former great teams (like Croatia) but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
                        It's a matter of semantics. I grew up idolizing many of Argentina best players and it just makes me sad to see this team so devoid of talent. I guess that you could be grateful they made it to the World Cup unlike other former great teams (like Croatia) but still...
                        Yeah I understand. If someone isn’t old enough to go pre 2002 Argentina then to them they only know Argentina as a perennial powerhouse. I am just saying that they weren’t always that like. The previous 20 years to that they were always a respected solid team but not on medal contending caliber. So to me it doesn’t seem that strange to see them revert to that level once again.
                        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by waterade View Post
                          Don't underestimate Nigeria. I think they can surprise some people.
                          Do you guys have a real PG now? You often play a lot of talented individuals but somehow struggle to play under control; so in the same tournament you're able to beat very good teams and still lose winnable games and fail to advance.

Comment

Nigeria has defined a core of 8-9 players. Uzoh, Iroegbu, Okogie, Nwora, Al-Farouq, Metu, Udoh, Okoye and Alade. Diogu is a mystery. If he is healthy he is in the mix. It's between Eric and Akindele the 11th place. The last one will be probably Vincent.

As for Russia they have cohesion but without Sved they won't go very far. With him in ,i see them reaching at least QF.

Comment

Originally posted by soulis79 View Post
                              without Sved they won't go very far. With him in ,i see them reaching at least QF.
                              Is Shved's participation in doubt?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information