Philippine Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IPC View Post
    OK, it's now released. Two provisions are declared unconstitutional, especially the one where terrorism covers exercise of civil and political rights which lead to or are intended to cause death or serious physical injury, etc. That provision was overbroad.

Decision will be published later, though. I'd want to read the rationale behind upholding the other contentious provisions.
    And now other provisions of the law will still be challenged, like the one regarding detention, and I think freezing of assets. Neri Colmenares plans to file a motion for reconsideration for such challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      Typical of people who want to interpret things according to what suits their convenience. That's the problem of people who are too blinded by their biases & prejudices. I say most (if not all) Marcos followers/loyalists are like that.

When biases & prejudice overwhelm, logic & rationale are easily thrown out of the window.
      Oh, man. Yeah, just want to get confirmation bias. Never mind the bad, focus on the good, even if the bad really outweighs the good.

Some more legal points:

1. You can't file a criminal case against a dead person, in this case Ferdinand Sr. When a person dies, his criminal liability is extinguished. Your only remedy is to file the civil action separately, against that person's estate.

2. Sandiganbayan decisions, and those of all lower courts for that matter, are just as final and executory as SC decisions if they're not timely appealed. The only difference is, only legal doctrines stated by the SC are binding on all courts. If the case doesn't reach the SC, the decision of the highest court you got to is the best you got.

3. The fact that the wealth was ill-gotten was a legal presumption, so no evidence is needed here. That means the burden of proof shifts to the accused to overturn that presumption. The accused, in this case, the Marcoses, now has to prove that the wealth was not ill-gotten. Since there was no proof to overturn the presumption, said presumption of ill-gotten wealth stands.

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^

Facts you've presented are just few facts that most (if not all) Marcos loyalists would easily ignore. These Marcos loyalists would repeatedly say, wala naman daw proof na na convict ang mga Marcos for corruption or plunder. As I've said, these people would believe & interpret things according to what suits their convenience.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

BUILD BUILD BUILD WORLD CLASS INFRASTRUCTURE!����������
          • The NSCR Valenzuela Station and Depot.

• Rail tracks are recently installed at Valenzuela City area for the arrival of NSCR Trainsets manufactured from Japan( J-TREC ) which leads to the main depot.

• The NSCR Valenzuela Elevated Station is also taking shape as observed from the right side adjacent to the depot.

• Part of the 148km Japanese funded North South Commuter Railway connecting the regions of Central Luzon, National Capital Region( Metro Manila) and Calabarzon.

�� Ramon Cruz Boringot
          #EmergingPhilippines
          #BuildBuildBuild See less

Comment

It was like a grand money(can be gold but definitely not bitcoin) heist, marcos stole money but the accusers cannot pinpoint on how it was done..Its not like what Junggoy and Bong revilla had done where they left a trail for the Sandigan bayan to have a case against them. Its not like Erap who like other 99 percent of Politicians receives payola from kingpins "illegal" businesses where he was persecuted the accomplice(Chavit) did not..
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I am voting for Mayor Isko Moreno because I think he is like President Duterte without the Bad influences of his Davao friends/cronies. (Duterte lite)

The Duterte Administration is very successful in their Build Build Build Projects.

95% complete na ang structure ng PNR Balagtas Station sa Bulacan.

Last edited by PaulLee3; 12-17-2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Even President Marcos thought that Senator BBM was Lazy and Carefree

Comment

Well, Bongbong enjoys a majority preference in the latest PulseAsia survey. 53%. Well, I dunno.

Combination of factors as to the Marcoses' popularity. Same old elite took over the Philippines after EDSA, and only resolidified their power, and actually let the Marcoses back. And then, our Martial Law education is not as strong as say, Germany's Holocaust education.

Comment

Originally posted by IPC View Post
                    Well, Bongbong enjoys a majority preference in the latest PulseAsia survey. 53%. Well, I dunno.

Combination of factors as to the Marcoses' popularity. Same old elite took over the Philippines after EDSA, and only resolidified their power, and actually let the Marcoses back. And then, our Martial Law education is not as strong as say, Germany's Holocaust education.
                    Omicron is now here in the Philippines thanks to Gywneth Chua

790K views, 4.9K likes, 253 loves, 2.1K comments, 3K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from One PH: #OneBalitaPilipinas | Gwyneth Chua a.k.a. ‘Poblacion Girl’, sasampahan ng kaso matapos lumabag sa...

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulLee3 View Post
                      Even President Marcos thought that Senator BBM was Lazy and Carefree

Well, BBM loyalist would reason out that the Bongbong Marcos that Ferdinand, Sr. was referring to was the Bongbong Marcos almost 4 decades ago. They would say, much have changed on Bongbong for the better after more than 30 years since then.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post

While DDS & Marcos loyalist would categorized the "Dilawans" as elitists, these same dumb people coveniently ignore the fact that BBM & the Marcoses are elitists as well. These dumb people conveniently ignore or forget how Imelda lived a lavished & luxurious life specially during their reign in the Philippines.

Galit ang mga tangang ito sa mga oligarch & elitista but don't realize that the Marcoses & families/clans allied to them are elitists & oligarch. Look who are allied with BBM & inday Sara right now? The Macapagal-Arroyos, the Estradas/Ejercitos, & the majority of the most powerful political clans & dynasties in the Philippines. And these BBM & Inday Sara supporters think that they are going to bring about big changes in Philippines governance.

I say same old same old yan. Its just a cycle. Yung mga corrupt & abusado eh mananatili pa rin sa Philippine politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                          Well, BBM loyalist would reason out that the Bongbong Marcos that Ferdinand, Sr. was referring to was the Bongbong Marcos almost 4 decades ago. They would say, much have changed on Bongbong for the better after more than 30 years since then.
                          30 years later, and Ilocos Norte still ain't that prosperous. Under Marcos leadership, no less.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                            While DDS & Marcos loyalist would categorized the "Dilawans" as elitists, these same dumb people coveniently ignore the fact that BBM & the Marcoses are elitists as well. These dumb people conveniently ignore or forget how Imelda lived a lavished & luxurious life specially during their reign in the Philippines.

Galit ang mga tangang ito sa mga oligarch & elitista but don't realize that the Marcoses & families/clans allied to them are elitists & oligarch. Look who are allied with BBM & inday Sara right now? The Macapagal-Arroyos, the Estradas/Ejercitos, & the majority of the most powerful political clans & dynasties in the Philippines. And these BBM & Inday Sara supporters think that they are going to bring about big changes in Philippines governance.

I say same old same old yan. Its just a cycle. Yung mga corrupt & abusado eh mananatili pa rin sa Philippine politics.
                            And a lot of Marcos and Digong supporters belong to class ABC.

Comment

• Atty. Larry Gadon has been preventively suspended by the Supreme Court for his video recorded verbal attack on Raissa Robles. He's been ordered to tell the Court why he should not be disbarred.

Gadon, on the other hand, says that the suspension is "politically motivated," and that he was denied due process, because it was published by the media before the suspension order was furnished to him.

Can't really comment much, as I haven't taken up legal ethics yet.

Comment

• I hope they bring back Philippine History. I just watched a Video on youtube. And they said Jose Rizal Faked his Death, and he became Father Jose Antonio Diaz. The Lawyer of Marcos in the Tallano Gold Case. He died at aged 113.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information