Philippine Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robert0326
    Nah.. He's running because he is Duterte's puppet.. They will convince Sarah Du30 to run until November as replacement.. Napanood ko na to...
    Yeah, substitution. Nice palusot with that zarzuela.

Comment

Well, as long as the Marcoses don't return to power (they'd really revise history, which is insulting to my history degree), or none from the Davao gang wins, it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by IPC View Post
        Well, as long as the Marcoses don't return to power (they'd really revise history, which is insulting to my history degree), or none from the Davao gang wins, it's all good.
        I couldn't agree with you more brother. Sadly, it seems the Marcoses are very successful in twisting the truth & in their attempt to revise history. An indication to that is Bongbong Marcos' edge in popularity among the Presidentiables.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
          I couldn't agree with you more brother. Sadly, it seems the Marcoses are very successful in twisting the truth & in their attempt to revise history. An indication to that is Bongbong Marcos' edge in popularity among the Presidentiables.
          It's like discounting the experiences of the ones who suffered under the regime, like the IPs and Moros (who especially suffered). Not to mention the massacres of farmers and activists.

Also, their corruption was proved in Republic v. Sandiganbayan, G.R. No. 152154, where the Supreme Court ruled that the Marcos bank deposits were ill-gotten wealth. Marcos didn't even have a high salary as President, nor did he have a law practice.

What they're doing here is our equivalent of Holocaust denial, and just praising all the good the Nazis did for Germany (i.e. Autobahns, Volkswagen, economic revitalization, military strength).
          Last edited by IPC; 10-22-2021, 05:34 AM.

Comment

It's like discounting the experiences of the ones who suffered under the regime, like the IPs and Moros (who especially suffered). Not to mention the massacres of farmers and activists.

Also, their corruption was proved in Republic v. Sandiganbayan, G.R. No. 152154, where the Supreme Court ruled that the Marcos bank deposits were ill-gotten wealth. Marcos didn't even have a high salary as President, nor did he have a law practice.

What they're doing here is our equivalent of Holocaust denial, and just praising all the good the Nazis did for Germany (i.e. Autobahns, Volkswagen, economic revitalization, military strength).
            Those things are something that Marcos loyalists conveniently ignore. That's the problem if one is a fanatic, they tend to see only the positives while giving a blind eye to the negatives. Their rationale, logic & objectivity (or the lack thereof) are easily impaired.

I always throw hard facts like this to these poor-minded Marcos loyalists:

How could someone justify Ferdinand Marcos' 20 years of reign as President of the Philippines? That if not for the Edsa Revolution, Marcos wasn't compelled to step down from power. This is obviously greed for power. Sakim sa kapangyarihan. A common trait of tyrants & dictators like Joe Stalin, Mao Zedong, Muammar Qaddafi, Saddam Hussein. The most that Marcos should have stayed in power was 12 years (I think the Constitution allowed 2 terms for the President back then. Though I stand corrected by this.).

This is just one hard & "uncontroverted" fact that says a lot of the kind of personality of Ferdinand Marcos. A hard fact that someone with enough degree of rationale, logic & objectivity can easily analyze & discern.

Problem with most Marcos loyalists is that they would easily believe everything that they watch/read in the social media which are mostly twisted & fabricated, yet they would conveniently ignore hard & uncontroverted facts.
            Last edited by JAMSKIE; 10-27-2021, 02:05 AM.
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Those things are something that Marcos loyalists conveniently ignore. That's the problem if one is a fanatic, they tend to see only the positives while giving a blind eye to the negatives. Their rationale, logic & objectivity (or the lack thereof) are easily impaired.

How could someone justify Ferdinand Marcos' 20 years of reign as President of the Philippines? That if not for the Edsa Revolution, Marcos wasn't compelled to step down from power. This is obviously greed for power. Sakim sa kapangyarihan. A common trait of tyrants & dictators like Joe Stalin, Mao Zedong, Muammar Qaddafi, Saddam Hussein. The most that Marcos should have stayed in power was 12 years (I think the Constitution allowed 2 terms for the President back then. Though I stand corrected by this.).

This is just one hard & "uncontroverted" fact that says a lot of the kind of personality of Ferdinand Marcos. A hard fact that someone with enough degree of rationale, logic & objectivity can easily analyze.

Problem with most Marcos loyalists is that they would easily believe everything that they watch/read in the social media which are mostly twisted & fabricated, yet they would conveniently ignore hard & uncontroverted facts.
              The term was 4 years, but yes, there was a two-term limit. The most Marcos shoulda stayed was 8.

Comment

This is just one hard & "uncontroverted" fact that says a lot of the kind of personality of Ferdinand Marcos. A hard fact that someone with enough degree of rationale, logic & objectivity can easily analyze.

You need to take into consideration the failures of successive administrations in solving our problems. Not their fault really as the damage done by the Marcos regime was too huge to be solved in one six-year presidential term.

Why are people jumping on the Marcos bandwagon again? It's because the past administrations have failed to deliver and proven to be just as corrupt.

So they resort to a comforting lie about the Philippines being second to Japan back in the 70s and use that as a crutch to support BBM.
                GILAS WISHLIST:
                6'8 Pingris

Comment

The term was 4 years, but yes, there was a two-term limit. The most Marcos shoulda stayed was 8.
                  Ah ok noted bro. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                    You need to take into consideration the failures of successive administrations in solving our problems. Not their fault really as the damage done by the Marcos regime was too huge to be solved in one six-year presidential term.

Why are people jumping on the Marcos bandwagon again? It's because the past administrations have failed to deliver and proven to be just as corrupt.

So they resort to a comforting lie about the Philippines being second to Japan back in the 70s and use that as a crutch to support BBM.
                    I think some of these pro-Marcos people would point to the fact that the Aquinos/Cojuangcos were/are also wicked (they're no saints as well) to justify Ferdinand Marcos. They think that its a war between the good/righteous vs. evil. And their twisted mentality is that since the Aquinos/Cojuangcos are/were wicked, therefore the Marcoses must be the righteous ones. The reality is, its never been a war between the good & the evil, but a war between the evil vs. the lesser evil. People would say, "The Aquinos, the Cojuangcos & their allies also did anomalies & corruption during their reign".

But this definitely won't justify the evil things the Marcoses had done. It wasn't really a war between the Aquinos/Cojuangcos vs. the Marcoses, rather its a war between the Marcoses & the Filipino people. Exposing whatever wickedness, corruption or anomalies the Aquinos/Cojuangcos & the "Yellows" have done would never justify the evil deeds of the Marcoses & their cronies.

During his reign as Iraq's leader, Saddam Hussein had some enemies within Iraq who wanted to outthrow him from power. But does it mean that all these enemies are good & noble men? Of course not. Some of them also have their ulterior motives in wanting to oust Saddam from power. But does it make Saddam a good & noble man that some of his enemies had wicked or evil motives?

As I've said, its really never been a battle between good & evil. More often, its a battle between evil & the lesser evil. That is why being objective, logical & rational are a must these days.
                    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 10-27-2021, 02:03 AM.

Comment

I think some of these pro-Marcos people would point to the fact that the Aquinos/Cojuangcos were/are also wicked (they're no saints as well) to justify Ferdinand Marcos. They think that its a war between the good/righteous vs. evil. And their twisted mentality is that since the Aquinos/Cojuangcos are/were wicked, therefore the Marcoses must be the righteous ones. The reality is, its never been a war between the good & the evil, but a war between the evil vs. the lesser evil. People would say, "The Aquinos, the Cojuangcos & their allies also did anomalies & corruption during their reign".

But this definitely won't justify the evil things the Marcoses had done. It wasn't really a war between the Aquinos/Cojuangcos vs. the Marcoses, rather its a war between the Marcoses & the Filipino people. Exposing whatever wickedness, corruption or anomalies the Aquinos/Cojuangcos & the "Yellows" have done would never justify the evil deeds of the Marcoses & their cronies.

During his reign as Iraq's leader, Saddam Hussein had some enemies within Iraq who wanted to outthrow him from power. But does it mean that all these enemies are good & noble men? Of course not. Some of them also have their ulterior motives in wanting to oust Saddam from power. But does it make Saddam a good & noble man that some of his enemies had wicked or evil motives?

As I've said, its really never been a battle between good & evil. More often, its a battle between evil & the lesser evil. That is why being objective, logical & rational are a must these days.
                      And here are the people (especially Imee) saying the Marcos regime wasn't perfect. Well, minus the massacres and the Holocaust thingy, the Nazis kinda have the Marcoses beat in the perfection scale, although I read that corruption also kept the Nazi state together. Before WWII, the economy actually didn't tank under their watch, they recovered from their debt from Versailles. Industries thrived.

Ferdinand Marcos, on the other hand, made our economy decline, thanks to their corruption (proven in THREE Supreme Court cases) and relentless borrowing of money.

Comment

Yep, this one. They've failed to solve the problems in this country, although yes, they were given a bad hand. Even then, they could have genuinely reformed the country.

Comment

Yep, this one. They've failed to solve the problems in this country, although yes, they were given a bad hand. Even then, they could have genuinely reformed the country.
                          One reason I'm not ready to jump on the Leni bandwagon is not because I don't think she will do a good job.

It's because I don't want to overhype her too much.

Golden Rule of Politics: Everyone is corrupt to some degree. It's who delivers the necessary results that matters.
                          GILAS WISHLIST:
                          6'8 Pingris

Comment

One reason I'm not ready to jump on the Leni bandwagon is not because I don't think she will do a good job.

It's because I don't want to overhype her too much.

Golden Rule of Politics: Everyone is corrupt to some degree. It's who delivers the necessary results that matters
                            Well said brother. What you said really makes so much sense. For me the most foolish thing to do is become a "fanatic" of a certain candidate.

This is the problem with many of these diehard & fanatic voters. They tend to strongly believe that their respective candidates are so much better than the rest. They tend to think that their respective candidates are almost "clean", spotless & competent, while the rest are corrupt, incompetent & dirty. Its complete stupidity to think that way considering how dirty Philippine politics really is. Put someone who used to be honest, clean, idealistic & competent in Phi politics, and you bet after several years in politics, kakainin sya ng bulok na sistema.

Isn't Duterte was supposed to bring significant change to Philippine governance? Weren't so many of Pinoys expected him to bring change to the crooked & rotten system of our government? Didn't many of us expected Duterte to minimize corruption in the Phi government under his watch? But what happened, or what is happening? By the way, the very same person who said, "Corruption must stop" (And his diehard supporters were quick to believe him), is the same person who is defending Sec. Duque, atty. Lao, Michael Yang & the Pharmally officials - people who are under Senate investigation for suspected corruption & anomalous acts which may have prejudice the interest of the government & might have stolen great amount of taxpayers' money.

How can one man/woman or a few people bring change to what has been a corrupt, crooked, rotting, stinky & malignant system of our government which have been there for decades? It would take more than just honesty, integrity, skills, leadership to bring that "change". Above everything, it would take a very very very strong "will" to make that change to happen - something which our past Presidents, including the much revered Rodrigo R. Duterte, didn't/doesn't have. Let's be honest to our selves, the fight against corruption failed under this current administration as much as it did in the previous administration.

Kung makapagsalita ang iba dyan, akala nila ang linis-linis at ang galing-galing ng kandidato nila. I bet if their candidate ends up winning the Presidential election, after a few years, they will only end up in despair as their candidate would fail to meet their expectations. As always.

We've seen these things before. Well, I hope I would be proven wrong.

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Duterte's legacy:

War on drugs - Mostly successful, except that it cost thousands of lives

Fight against Corruption - total failure just like the previous administrations. I can't help but think, maybe if it also cost thousands of lives in the fight against corruption, most Filipinos would have appreciated it much better. Imagine a Philippine government with only very few corrupt gov't officials left, that is if they are brave enough to continue their corruption despite of the danger that they might be killed any time. Imagine how prosperous our country would have been had corruption been kept to a minimum.

Its ridiculous that Duterte, who projects himself as someone who won't take corruption lightly, ended up lawyering for gov't officials under Senate investigation for suspected plunder/corruption.

Past Presidents/administrations have failed miserably in the fight against corruption. What makes us that optimistic that the next President of the republic is finally the one who can solve the corruption menace which have plaque our country for decades?
                              Last edited by JAMSKIE; 10-29-2021, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Well said brother. What you said really makes so much sense. For me the most foolish thing to do is become a "fanatic" of a certain candidate.

This is the problem with many of these diehard & fanatic voters. They tend to strongly believe that their respective candidates are so much better than the rest. They tend to think that their respective candidates are almost "clean", spotless & competent, while the rest are corrupt, incompetent & dirty. Its complete stupidity to think that way considering how dirty Philippine politics really is. Put someone who used to be honest, clean, idealistic & competent in Phi politics, and you bet after several years in politics, kakainin sya ng bulok na sistema.

Isn't Duterte was supposed to bring significant change to Philippine governance? Weren't so many of Pinoys expected him to bring change to the crooked & rotten system of our government? Didn't many of us expected Duterte to minimize corruption in the Phi government under his watch? But what happened, or what is happening? By the way, the very same person who said, "Corruption must stop" (And his diehard supporters were quick to believe him), is the same person who is defending Sec. Duque, atty. Lao, Michael Yang & the Pharmally officials - people who are under Senate investigation for suspected corruption & anomalous acts which may have prejudice the interest of the government & might have stolen great amount of taxpayers' money.

How can one man/woman or a few people bring change to what has been a corrupt, crooked, rotting, stinky & malignant system of our government which have been there for decades? It would take more than just honesty, integrity, skills, leadership to bring that "change". Above everything, it would take a very very very strong "will" to make that change to happen - something which our past Presidents, including the much revered Rodrigo R. Duterte, didn't/doesn't have. Let's be honest to our selves, the fight against corruption failed under this current administration as much as it did in the previous administration.

Kung makapagsalita ang iba dyan, akala nila ang linis-linis at ang galing-galing ng kandidato nila. I bet if their candidate ends up winning the Presidential election, after a few years, they will only end up in despair as their candidate would fail to meet their expectations. As always.

We've seen these things before. Well, I hope I would be proven wrong.
                                r/Philippines is honestly a cringe fest. Everyone there is a Leni worshipper.
                                GILAS WISHLIST:
                                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information