Philippine Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astigram04
    Saka di kba nakakahalata? Dati mapang api ang tsekwa pag empleyado ka nya pero pag sa labas tupi mga Yan. Ngayon kahit sa kalye siga-sga. Alam mo you know why the soft spot for Chinese? Duterte actually traces his roots to xiamen China. Lolo nya Lam. At hndi lng basta may dugong tsekwa, just like Cory, may occasional visits Yan sa probinsya nya sa China to pay respect to his ancestors. That's how attached both duterte and the cojuancos are to their Chinese lineage.
    Ano ba mag-uusap ba tayo ng may sense o maghaka haka lang? well chinese tourist are rude naman talaga kahit pumunta ka ng thailand, france other country kilala talaga mga chinese tourist na rude. i don't think direct mo pwede isisi kay duterte yan diyan talaga sila kilala pero di mo pwede ilahat marami din naman matino at mabait. and nice move by mayor isko ng sinaway niya yung chinese tourist na nagyosi sa public dapat ganyan lahat ng official natin enforce the law! welcome lahat tourist kahit sino its good for our economy.

Comment

Du30 continues to ignore our constitution

Comment

Marcos gained power by a staged NPA attack on Enrile and co. He was corrupt. He allowed himself and his cronies to gain much wealth without showing anything for it. He had ambitious plans but due to a combination of corruption and mismanagement failed. Almost all of the GOCCs he started were losing money even during his time. Eventually they had to be shutdown or sold off. I could forgive the corruption if he had something to show for it but he didnt. He left our country worse off. But the worst was his human rights record. I know many people who were picked up and jailed just because they went to a party that was also attended by a political suspect. A lady who was jailed was sexually abused. Back then you had to find your loved ones within 10 days or they will disappear forever. The guy was power hungry. He did not blink on imprisoning, torturing or killing his critics or those associated with them. You couldnt even criticize his family without fearing for your life. You were lucky if you didnt mind the propaganda and the government agents but if you protested chances are youll get jailed or worst.

Duterte for me is very wrong on two parts. One is on killing criminals. Look how Isko makes a show of presenting suspects alive and not dead. Better be shown on camera alive than a cadaver. Second, is his kowtowing to China. I agree you have to be practical but at the same time he should think if it is worth it. Giving up our territory is a no no. I'm with Carpio on this. Authentic historical records show that China has no right to their 9 meter red line. They just have the big guns and boats. We can politically protest their intrusions while supporting economic imvestments from them if they are still willing. Lastly, he should restrict the visas of these guys. Chinese workers are engulfing Manila and keeping condominium rates high with the government only getting barya in tax payments. Only SM, DD and the Chinese POGO owners are getting rich. Filipino employees are paying taxes while the Chinese workers are tax free. Not all investments are good. If they dont give anything back to the Filipino people except higher property rates they should be restricted.

Comment

How did you know na hindi lumobo? Hawak mo ba ang accounting Ng assets nila? You aren't even aware that was Marcos was even financially helping out ninoy while he was getting treatment in Chicago? Are you even aware that they were supposedly already bankrupt because the loan agreement they entered with magsaysay (the one which the cojuancos used to purchase more land) had that stipulation that the land will be distributed to the farmers after 50 years? You didn't know that, do you? And you call then less wvil?
          But there wasn't no issue about the Aquinos having their wealth growing in a colossal scale. None at all. The growth of Marcos' wealth on the other hand was too big & colossal not to be noticed. It was too obvious. With regards to Marcos giving financial assistance to Ninoy's heart bypass in the US, don't you realize that it was marcos' ploy to have Ninoy live there in the US becoz for as long as Ninoy is in the Philippines he would be leading the dissent against Marcos? It favored Marcos that Ninoy was out of the country. You made Marcos' financial assistance on Ninoy's medication a big issue. As I've said, even the devil knows how to do good deeds, but it is with an ulterior motive. Besides, wasn't marcos who detained Ninoy & other political prisoners for false accusations of rebellion?

As I've said, I honestly believe that the Aquinos aren't clean at all. They also have their dark side. But the Aquinos are definitely less evil than Ferdinand & Imelda Marcos.

Bro, I have met & heard the words of people who are Marcos loyalists & you obviously sounded like one.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

I'll be busy for a while but I'm anticipating some of the answers and questions to be thrown.

First, if you read those verdicts (a lot of which were later on reversed, some still on appeal), the conviction were based on "Marcos couldn't have earned that large fortune" , some would even cite his income taxes.

Im not sure if this is the right term but there was this they call "transcription" period for claimants for the WW2 loots. It was set at 50 years. After that period, whoever possesses it owns it by default. That's why Marcos couldn't just declare those possessions.

Marcos was actually wanting to give this back to tje people and had negotiations with cory's emissaries but the kamag anak incorporated wanted it for themselves. That's how greedy that family is. Cory even refused to operate the nuclear power plant despite the Filipinos suffering and the economy suffering from those Nationwide blackouts.

Kung may darkest years man, hnd Yan nung martial law kundi panahon ng reyna Ng brownout.
            So do you believe that Marcos never stole public money becoz for the record, he was not convicted of any graft charges? This despite of marcos massive unexplained wealth which he amassed during his presidency. We are aware how crooked our justice system is. We are all aware how powerful & influencial the Marcoses are even after ferdinand marcos' exile. Marcoses has even gotten stronger now with Bobong almost winning the vice-presidential race & Imee elected as senator. We all know how easy our judges & justices can be bribed, specially by somebody like the Marcoses who have bottomless pockets.

Bro, wake up. You're being blinded by your biases. Your rationale & discernment are obviously impaired by your biases.
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

I'll be busy for a while but I'm anticipating some of the answers and questions to be thrown.

First, if you read those verdicts (a lot of which were later on reversed, some still on appeal), the conviction were based on "Marcos couldn't have earned that large fortune" , some would even cite his income taxes.

Im not sure if this is the right term but there was this they call "transcription" period for claimants for the WW2 loots. It was set at 50 years. After that period, whoever possesses it owns it by default. That's why Marcos couldn't just declare those possessions.

Marcos was actually wanting to give this back to tje people and had negotiations with cory's emissaries but the kamag anak incorporated wanted it for themselves. That's how greedy that family is. Cory even refused to operate the nuclear power plant despite the Filipinos suffering and the economy suffering from those Nationwide blackouts.

Kung may darkest years man, hnd Yan nung martial law kundi panahon ng reyna Ng brownout.
              What????????????????????????????????????

Do you seriously believe that?

Kaya pala hanggang ngayon grabe opposition nina Imelda, Bongbong at Imee sa pag-sasauli ng Marcos ill-gotten wealth sa Philippine government.

Bro, kung ikaw nabubulagan ka dahil sa mga biases mo, please spare us from your delusion.

Comment

The first paragraph you can just copy and paste to your browser coz I quoted that verbatim. A more independent and detailed article I recommend is in this link which I posted earlier

https://larouchepub.com/other/2004/s...lipp_coup.html
                Mike Bellington is a convicted felon, conspiracy to commit mail fraud. Billington solicited 131 loans from 85 people that totaled $1.24 million even though he knew the money would not be repaid. Which is similar to what Marcos did to our country.

Beside he isn't a economist. Do you have any other subject matter expert and has atleast a Master in international economics.

Comment

Natural disasters andyan pero Yung man-made disaster na economic policies? Yung TRAIN at rice tarification law Ng administration Alam mo ba kng gano kabigat ang epekto Nyan sa magsasaka? Hnd ako natatawa dahil dyan kundi sa mga sinabi mo na kala mo napakaganda ng nagawa ni Duterte. May maliit na sakahan pa kami dto sa bulacan Kaya Alam ko ang bigat Ng pasanin na Yan. Something na pikit mata lng ang mga fanatico. TRAIN law as if hnd pa patong patong any mga pabigat na buwis mula EVAT hanggang EPIRA. Panahon ni Marcos na minumura mura nyo kakaunti lng at minimal ang taxes pero kabikabila aang infrastructures. Bkt hnd ang sectarian businesses ang patawan Ng buwis? Takot ba sa simbahan ang duterte?
                  Well marami naman benefits ang train law di ko na kailangan isa-isahin di naman ako ekonomista, i'm sure ikaw din... kung may maliit kayong sakahan dyan sa bulacan e meron din kami sa mindanao wala nga kinikita narinig mo naman siguro mga poblema dun right?. tulad mo gusto rin namin mabago sistema but mag reklamo ng reklamo? no marami poblema bansa yung may makita tayo improvements kahit maliit o malaki dapat lahat ready to sacrifice for the best of the country. matagal na panahon na wala mga marcos iba panahon noon at ngayon ibang iba na you need to move on.

and yes i agree sectarian business need to pay taxes too!
                  Last edited by GoPilipinas; 08-08-2019, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Politics is a pr game from Duterte to Isko Moreno, who s now building a brand of being an action man without the killing part..all bout branding

As for the policy implementation, its not a one man show, its the sponsors( now the villars, smc, davao group, chinese) are the financiers, and still the cabinet are calling the x and O's
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

So we can tag Steve Kerr being an ultra liberalist as American version of dilawan.. hehe
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I'm curious to know what Filipino IBNers think of Reddit Philippines.

I go to that subreddit from time to time and, honestly, the things they post about politics always make me cringe. Puro reklamo na lang ang mga posts. It's become an echo-chamber for anti-Duterte Pinoys and it's annoying as fuck. I'm not even a Duterte supporter but that sub is just insufferable.
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

Bros, how do you find Bato Dela Rosa's statement saying rape & murder convict Antonio Sanchez deserves a second chance in life.

I find such statement extremely ridiculous, stupid & kabobohan.

Here is a man who strongly pushes for the revival of the death penalty law, yet thinks that a hardened criminal like Sanchez, convicted of heinous crimes, would deserve a 2nd chance of life. I wonder if Bato ever thought of giving those dead poor drug poseurs of operation tokhang second chance of life. Kung yung anak kaya ni Bato ang ma rape, would he be talking of giving the suspect a second chance in life? Its a shame for a senator to make such statement. I just find it kabobohan. This actually reflects the mentality of Bato Dela Rosa.

Shame on you Bato.

Comment

You are hilarious.

Indonesia is aggressively defending their rights in the WPS and China did not even fire a single “watusi”

So what war are you talking about. I’m thinking “bayad” ang government natin courtesy of China..but that is just speculation but we will never know.. So I always keep an open mind. Our government should enforce it but everything about China ang bait ni Duterte even the current issue now, unfair sa China if we ban them. How about being fair for your fellow filipinos Duterte.

With the VFA about to be terminated because of the over reaction of Duterte dahil sa visa ni Bato will it affect out Mutual Defense Treaty?

Pare it's not a tribunal ruling but an arbitrary one. Naglitis Ng Wala tayong kalaban because the chinks never honored that. Nanalo tayo sa arbitrary, masyado nmng nakakahiya kng wlng kalaban sina sell Rosario sa hearing tapos natalo pa. Pero cg congratulations nanalo tayo, ngayon ang tanong, who enforces that? The UN will not even life a finger there kht mag iiyak ka in. Ang US? you expect them to risk a war just for you? Pwd kng sila ang beneficiary tapos ikaw din ang mapipinsala. Gusto nyo Yan? How about, we enforce that ruling, ano, sama kayo? Isn't it obvious, iba ang ginagawa Ng kaliwant kamay sa kanang kamay. Ilan ang secret trips ni trillanes? What did we get? We lost Scarborough. And then out of zamabales soils the Chinese built their artificial islands tapos kayo dito aquino less evil? Magpapatalo ko sa usapang basketball pero sa kamangmangang lesser evil Aquino, no way.

Comment

This COA issue is going really bad. Lotta shady crap going on with some agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                                Bros, how do you find Bato Dela Rosa's statement saying rape & murder convict Antonio Sanchez deserves a second chance in life.

I find such statement extremely ridiculous, stupid & kabobohan.

Here is a man who strongly pushes for the revival of the death penalty law, yet thinks that a hardened criminal like Sanchez, convicted of heinous crimes, would deserve a 2nd chance of life. I wonder if Bato ever thought of giving those dead poor drug poseurs of operation tokhang second chance of life. Kung yung anak kaya ni Bato ang ma rape, would he be talking of giving the suspect a second chance in life? Its a shame for a senator to make such statement. I just find it kabobohan. This actually reflects the mentality of Bato Dela Rosa.

Shame on you Bato.
                                And this guy is running for president. God...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information