Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippine Politics

Here is my stand regarding Philippine politics:

I find it ridiculous hearing some people saying "May nagawa namang kabutihan si Ferdinand Marcos ah". And then these people would arrive in a conclusion that Marcos isn't bad after all or worse these people would conclude that Marcos was misjudged by history & that he is a noble person.

As I have said, Adolf Hitler, Joe Stalin, Saddam Hussein, Pol Pot also did some good deeds. Even Satan know how to do good deeds.

Yes, Marcos have made a lot of infrastructures, institutions & government programs but that doesn't justify all the wicked & evil deeds that he made during his reign as Phi President. Yung mga nagawa ni Marcos sa sambayanan ay subrang kalunoslunos that for him to be recognized as a noble person or even a hero would be extremely foolish & ridiculous.

The same also applies to the Aquinos.

Some people would say that Aquinos aren't clean either or that wala naman silang nagawa sa bansa. But the Aquinos didn't commit murder, human rights abuses, graft & corruption, & other abuses which the Marcoses did. To say that Ferdinand Marcos is better than the Aquinos is such an extremely stupid & ridiculous conclusion.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Here is my stand regarding Philippine politics:

I find it ridiculous hearing some people saying "May nagawa namang kabutihan si Ferdinand Marcos ah". And then these people would arrive in a conclusion that Marcos isn't bad after all or worse these people would conclude that Marcos was misjudged by history & that he is a noble person.

As I have said, Adolf Hitler, Joe Stalin, Saddam Hussein, Pol Pot also did some good deeds. Even Satan know how to do good deeds.

Yes, Marcos have made a lot of infrastructures, institutions & government programs but that doesn't justify all the wicked & evil deeds that he made during his reign as Phi President. Yung mga nagawa ni Marcos sa sambayanan ay subrang kalunoslunos that for him to be recognized as a noble person or even a hero would be extremely foolish & ridiculous.

The same also applies to the Aquinos.

Some people would say that Aquinos aren't clean either or that wala naman silang nagawa sa bansa. But the Aquinos didn't commit murder, human rights abuses, graft & corruption, & other abuses which the Marcoses did. To say that Ferdinand Marcos is better than the Aquinos is such an extremely stupid & ridiculous conclusion.
    All those infrastructures built during the Marcos era were due to loans which we have yet to pay until now.

The Aquinos are just... another oligarch who did less damage but were just susceptible to avarice and corruption.

We need to move on from this false dichotomy of Marcoses and Aquinos. Seriously, both families had their chance to put this country on the right path and both of them fucked it up one way or another.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by astigram04
      Well Marcos have all these infrastructures, institutions, GOCCs (most of which Cory et al already sold) to show where he spent taxpayers money. I don't about your Noynoy and his mother. Common sense dictates that Marcos did good and the Aquinos sucked yet some people choose to stick to that yellow narrative Marcos evil aquino heroes
      Don't be deceived by those infrastructures, institutions, GOCCs & other government programs during Marcos' term. It came at a time when the Philippine economy was booming. But try to ask yourself, what happened to our economy during the 70's & the 80's which is the time that Marcos overstayed in power? Wasn't our economy struggling during those times? To whom would you blame it?

Yes, I agree with the opinions of some people that the Aquinos aren't/weren't clean, but to say that the Marcos is better than the Aquinos? Excuse me.

I say the Aquinos aren't that noble, but Marcos wasn't noble either. Marcos was evil, MANDARAMBONG.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
        All those infrastructures built during the Marcos era were due to loans which we have yet to pay until now.

The Aquinos are just... another oligarch who did less damage but were just susceptible to avarice and corruption.

We need to move on from this false dichotomy of Marcoses and Aquinos. Seriously, both families had their chance to put this country on the right path and both of them fucked it up one way or another.
        Agree.

As I've said, I don't think the Aquinos are/were clean. They also have their share of dirty linens. But between the Aquinos & the Marcoses, the Aquinos are/were obviously the lesser evil.

Comment

Oh by the way, it was during the administration of President Marcos that the golden age of Phi basketball happened with the NCC-Philippine team coached by the late Ron Jacobs reigning as Asian basketball top gun. Such a program was the brainchild of Danding Cojuangco who of course is a Macos crony.

See, may nagawa naman talagang kabutihan si Marcos sa bansa. But does that qualify him as a hero?

Excuse me, I would rather proclaim Rene Requiestas as a hero.

Comment

Those are intangibles that can't be denied that's what some were even sold or name changed by the yellows. I won't be deceived at all as I've done enough study about this. 487 billion was the total national budget for 20 years compared to Cory's over 1 trillion for just 6 years yet Cory had nothing but that flyover in Ortigas. Did it ever occur to you where Cory spent the money? Don't tell me that BS alibi that couldn't build anything and offer public service as she was paying off Marcos debt because our national debt even ballooned during her term. And also not that inflation BS because Cory's term began where Marcos term ended -1986. How much inflation between successive terms explain non performance for an administration that spent over a trillion in 6 years vs innumerable accomplishments for 20 years of a 487 billion total budget?

Just to explain to those who don't understand, don't mistaken loans to be direct source for stealing money, those are used to augment budget deficits specially if you have projects needing of funding. Your leaders get their cuts from ghost projects, overpricing or substandard infrastructures. If Marcos stole, there either would be less projects or substandard infrastructures.

Now, as to Nonoy, there were some projects unlike his mother but most were private-public partnerships. Meaning, private entities funded those projects (something where they'll get profits by collecting fees from the public). Now tell me where that idiot spent those trillions?
            How then could you explain those "nakapanglulolang" yaman ng mga Marcoses in which the Courts have declared to be ill-gotten? Please try to analyze the difference of Ferdinand marcos & wife Imelda's conjugal wealth before Ferdinand Marcos became president as against the couple's wealth after Marcos was overthrown from power. How would you explain the colossal growth of the Marcoses wealth from the time ferdinand Marcos was not yet president to the time when he was overthrown.

Regarding the Aquinos, lumobo ba ng bigla ang yaman nila from the time Cory became president? The thing is, no graft & corruption charges were filed against Cory & Noynoy Aquino.

Comment

How can the economy better in Marcos when the P 3.00 from 1964 became 20.00 pesos vs dollar in 1980. That's 6 fold. If it happen today our peso will be more than 100 in 20 years after Marcos.

We couldn't even pay our debt and had debt crisis.

Comment

Question: Why the soft stance of PDUTD towards China re: WPS?

I can only speculate and I will never know as an ordinary citizen.

Just a speculation: Ang laki ba ng bayad kay PDUTS?

Comment

Marcos started the ruin of our economy

PNOY was incompetent as fuck but at least he wasn't China's bitch.

Duterte is an asshole who doesn't seem to give a shit about our territory

Comment

Well said.

Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                    Marcos started the ruin of our economy

PNOY was incompetent as fuck but at least he wasn't China's bitch.

Duterte is an asshole who doesn't seem to give a shit about our territory

Comment

We lost it due to military capability.

Kaya nga nag Tribunal ruling diba which PDUTS ignore.

Baka gerahin tayo ng China sabi ni PDUTS. So lame or laki bayad sa kanya and we will never know.

Duterte maybe a vocal China bitch but noynoy was actually worse. We lost Scarborough during his term. And what's unthinkable happened, the Chinese built artificial islands from soil they dig from zambales. Of course your mainstream media never told you but if you know anyone from zambales, ask them about that.

Comment

During the time Ferdinand Marcos came the Nixon shock with the unilateral cancellation of the direct international convertibility of the US dollar to gold in 1971. Consequently, most currencies that were pegged to the US dollar like the peso and the yen found their anchors broken. The floating rate system was born.

That's quoted from inquirer, a known anti Marcos publication.

We had good stock of gold bars during Marcos which kept our peso stable despite the decontrol policy that macapagal instituted in 1962 but there were internal and external factors that ruined us. Gold standard was replaced by an unfriendly animal which is called, if I'm not mistaken, the Fiat system.

Well that's just one. If what Marcos faced during his term happened during noynoy, we should be a banana republic.
                        Any links on your info

Comment

#GalisPilipinas

Shameless plug here and since it clearly breathes politics:

"GALIS PILIPINAS"
                          Following Pinoy Hoops While Doing The Laundry At The Same Time!
                          #labapilipinas

Comment

Marcos and aquino's are both evil walang mas less PANTAY NA PANTAY yan.

I support duterte administration, for the past 3 years he accomplished A LOT of things already if you don't see that then bulag ka na or blinded o uto-uto ka na sa paninira ng mainstream media na bayaran ng mga oligarchs.

But ofcourse it doesn't mean i agree everything duterte does, i'm also not happy with west philippine issue and his recent statement with gilas but is that enough for me to support opposition? those people who let china steal the scarborough shoal? and let china dig the soil of zambales to build an island to that shoal?

Let's take a look since duterte became president walang ni isang isla na nawala sa pinas.

people called duterte china bitch,dog, puppet etc but failed to realized we now have more friends now unlike before na puppet lang tayo ng US.

and why we singled out china? vietnam holds most of the island in west philippine sea...

again i'm also not happy with the handling of WEST PH sea but this administration promise that he will open and talk the arbitration ruling to china i'll wait for that, i let the president play geopolitics and wait than listen this so called makabayan kuno na opposisyon na wala naman mga nagawa.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA kamustahin mo Kaya ang lagay Ng mga magsasaka ngayon particularly the farmers. Duterte, I admit is better than Noynoy. In other words, better than nothing LOL
                              Then anong nakakatawa dun? it's been a long problem of our country from narural disaster and corruption etc. atleast he admits di tulad ng iba na isisi sa iba right? and i'm sure this administration doing something to solve this pray tayo for our farmers kesa tumawa... nga pala balita nga pala sa hacienda luisita?....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information