No announcement yet.

Philippine Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still, even with Digong's tirades, Bongbong still leads the surveys by a mile.

However, there are areas where the Marcoses ain't that popular. MIMAROPA, Batangas, Quezon, Bicol, Visayas (except for Leyte and probably Samar), and parts of Mindanao. In many of these areas, the Marcoses have had history. I only hope the people don't forget.

Comment

Well, Bongbong-Sara ticket has the approval of the Arroyo and Estrada camps.

Comment

Originally posted by IPC View Post
        Well, Phi politics is a never ending cycle of crooked & stinky politics. Paikot-ikot lang naman yan but its not heading towards betterment, instead its headed for worse.

Du30's slogan, "Change is coming" is no more than just a slogan. How can change be achieved when the political clans allied with you are the very same politicians who have ravaged the country with corruption/plunder?

If people think that the country is headed towards betterment with Bongbong Marcos as president, they are just fooling themselves.

I wonder what offer Bongbong & Inday Sara made in exchange for Gloria labandera's support? Speakership at the House? How about for Erap? Manila mayorship?

Phi politics is not headed for the better. Its headed for the worst.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

And now they have Jinggoy running as senator under their slate. That's nice.

Comment

The hugpong party was created with help of pmp. Lol Erap wouldnt return to become mayor contrary on people have perceived isko moreno just used erap to beat lim as he was deemed unbeatable by isko back then and when Erap is old and incoherent enough to do everyday duties thats when isko stepped in.. ( in his desire to have a national position he seems to be fooled by erap to run for a senate seat instead, thats not true. Isko wanted to introduce himself to national audience and be known as Domagoso insread of Moreno as his surname..

But jinggoy really was an ahole the father used his power to get payolas on illegal activities like jueteng et. Al and favors for his tycoons ( hi MVP, Danding Atong Ang and Lucio Tan) but never mess direct to government funds.. the sob did hahah and sadly the so called "good one" isnt good enough also
            Last edited by reamily; 12-01-2021, 05:36 PM.
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

The deadweight they need to carry, he was a contributor ahem stakeholder afterall..

Comment

Imagine how many millions err billions this politicians spent in political advertisements despite were not being in official campaign period yet and thank google for yeah blocking it despite a potential lost on income.. So you can ask what favor this so called "donors" want on our politician and some being viewed as "clean", corruption free government? Its like believing Santa Claus is real. In business a "small favor" already cost billions of pesos..Imagine how much Atong Ang paid our government to have his online sabong thing being the only recognized medium out there.. imagine how much pba paid iatf to be able for them to have the league

Comment

Birds of the same feather flock together.

Some 30 years ago, the Marcoses are perhaps the most hated clan in the country, yet right now, the son of the "Dakilang MandaramBong" is heavily favored to win the Presidential race. Some 10 years ago, Gloria labandera is the most hated person in the country, right now since she is allied with Bongbong & Inday Sara, she might even win if she run for Senator. Some 20 years ago, the Estradas/Ejercitos had the most stinky reputation in Philippine politics. With them being allied with the Marcoses & Dutertes, its happy days are here again for them.

That's how most Filipinos easily forget. That's how easy most Pinoys can easily be fooled.

I won't be surprised that 10 years from now, Gloria labandera would be remembered as among the greatest President of the country while Erap was just being misjudged.

When the almighty GOD asked king Solomon about his wish, the latter didn't ask for wealth or power, Solomon asked GOD for wisdom. In appreciation of Solomon's prudence, GOD didn't only give him extra ordinary wisdom, GOD also gave him more wealth & power. With wisdom comes wealth, power & everything.

If only every Pinoy will possess a 10th of king Solomon's wisdom, that would already be good enough for of us to choose competent & lesser evil political leaders.
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Comment

Shit show, clown show.. we can call it whatever we want. This country's fucked and will be more fucked in the next years if we citizens don't choose the most fit for the presidential job.

I must confess, I truly believed and thus voted for Duterte in 2016, but became disillusioned mostly because of his foreign policy and well-known kowtowing with CHN/CCP, and then the inefficient response in COVID-19 pandemic. Add to that the unchecked abuse of power by the police in the war on drugs (which could have been seriously mitigated if only wearing of body cams during raids were heavily imposed and properly sanctioned those erring policemen), plus the Philhealth, Pharmally, and other high-profile corruption cases in his admin. Ang hirap pala pag nanalo yung ibinoto mo tapos hindi na-meet yung expectations mo. Your hope for a better future goes downhill quick. And then now, we are again seeing the rise of another Marcos who most likely might win next year's presidential elections (may God help us all).

If there's one thing I fervently wish, it is that we as a society should genuinely move on from these kinds of leaders and their ilk. Besides sa tapos na ang panahon nila, may maganda man silang na-accomplish eh it seems that those are outweighed by the bad, thus worsening their respective track records of governance. Some may call it nit-picking or naghahanap lang ng mali, but I believe it is our job as citizens to call out bullshit from the government whenever we see one.

Comment

Anti-Terrorism Law verdict will be out today, as per Justice Leonen. I'd like to read the rationale behind the ruling.

Comment

Anti-Terrorism Law verdict will be out today, as per Justice Leonen. I'd like to read the rationale behind the ruling.
                          OK, it's now released. Two provisions are declared unconstitutional, especially the one where terrorism covers exercise of civil and political rights which lead to or are intended to cause death or serious physical injury, etc. That provision was overbroad.

Decision will be published later, though. I'd want to read the rationale behind upholding the other contentious provisions.
                          Last edited by IPC; 12-09-2021, 04:46 AM.

Comment

And I'm seeing a Facebook post from a UP graduate Bongbong supporter, daring to give a criminal case decided by the SC against the Marcoses.

Thing is, the Court already pointed out that they are presumed to have committed graft and corruption in the forfeiture cases. Yes, civil cases, but let's not forget that the Court still pointed it out. And second, there are Sandiganbayan convictions of Imelda. They were final and executory, and unappealable. People forget, the SC is an APPELLATE court for criminal cases, meaning, such cases go there only on appeal.

Comment

And I'm seeing a Facebook post from a UP graduate Bongbong supporter, daring to give a criminal case decided by the SC against the Marcoses.

Thing is, the Court already pointed out that they are presumed to have committed graft and corruption in the forfeiture cases. Yes, civil cases, but let's not forget that the Court still pointed it out. And second, there are Sandiganbayan convictions of Imelda. They were final and executory, and unappealable. People forget, the SC is an APPELLATE court for criminal cases, meaning, such cases go there only on appeal.
                              The graft cases against Imelda was mere peanuts like she is dangling people like yeah was convicted(of just graft) then try to arrest and jail me..and the accusations against them, "sinasakyan nila" having perception that they have larger than life riches and they created a heist that no people had done..

Comment

Typical of people who want to interpret things according to what suits their convenience. That's the problem of people who are too blinded by their biases & prejudices. I say most (if not all) Marcos followers/loyalists are like that.

When biases & prejudice overwhelm, logic & rationale are easily thrown out of the window.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information