Group H: LTU-AUS-CAN-SEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
    Sabonis mental break against Cibona in 1986 that cost Zalgiris victory basicly. You don't remember that?
    Sabonis mental break in 1995 championship after referee didn't call arguable foul? You don't remember that?
    Jasikevicius running to referee after called foul so fast and with such face that referee run away and gave him technical in 2004 Olympics if I remember correct?
    I have most of our NT games - there are enough of such episodes.
    I asked you precisely when they jumped on a teammate like Maciulis did because of their own mistake?

And note you're quoting Sabas and Saras...I mean...
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      I asked you precisely when they jumped on a teammate like Maciulis did because of their own mistake?

And note you're quoting Sabas and Saras...I mean...
      You really asked about screaming at teammates? Jasikevicius did it every freak'n game. Not even talking about Sabonis generation.
      Or maybe you want to remember Zukauskas screaming at Slanina in 2003 final game? Such episodes happen constantly, just you are doing some elephant out of them. They are not crying girls.
      And I am asking again - do you know what he said to Lekavičius? It is all your fantasies.

Comment

You really asked about screaming at teammates? Jasikevicius did it every freak'n game. Not even talking about Sabonis generation.
        Or maybe you want to remember Zukauskas screaming at Slanina in 2003 final game? Such episodes happen constantly, just you are doing some elephant out of them. They are not crying girls.
        And I am asking again - do you know what he said to Lekavičius? It is all your fantasies.
        OK, Eurelijus moment is a spot on. And it looked silly and dumb by Zukauskas, wasn't it? It's not only important what he said, but how he said. Again, he screwed up and then brutally went off at the teammate. I'm sorry but Saras emotions were different, he was yelling but with the attempt to make a legitimate point to a tammates, Maciulis simply goes off, pure stupid frustration

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

OK, Eurelijus moment is a spot on. And it looked silly and dumb by Zukauskas, wasn't it?
          Yes it did look silly and it happened at the crucial moments of the game. So Eurelijus is finished because of that?

It's not only important what he said, but how he said.
          Do you really judge players tone in the heat of the game? Do you know what is happening in locker room? Do you know what did he scream? Maybe Lekavicius did wrong combination earlier and Maciulis was talking about that? I'm often stunned how easily people jump to world level conclusions with so little knowledge's what really had happened.

Again, he screwed up and then brutally went off at the teammate.
          Are you sure do you know what king of agreements they had on defense? Even if it is so, ok - bad episode. So?

I'm sorry but Saras emotions were different, he was yelling but with the attempt to make a legitimate point to a tammates, Maciulis simply goes off, pure stupid frustration
          Did you really saw Jasikevicius playing? You really didn't see how often his teammates were saving his ass on defense and how often he screamed at them about that? You have selective memory.

Comment

OK, Eurelijus moment is a spot on. And it looked silly and dumb by Zukauskas, wasn't it? It's not only important what he said, but how he said. Again, he screwed up and then brutally went off at the teammate. I'm sorry but Saras emotions were different, he was yelling but with the attempt to make a legitimate point to a tammates, Maciulis simply goes off, pure stupid frustration
            The outbursts of Maciulis are a real thing. Just remember how he shouted at poor Kalnietis some ~12 years ago after his mistake. But I guess it's tolerated. I assume Maciulis even apologizes after the game for it. It's just how he is. Nobody said anything bad about him. On the contrary, everyone is saying how Maciulis, Kalnietis and other veterans are responsible for building great atmosphere in the locker room.

Comment

• Spot on from Ashtrusis_dantis here in this discussion.
              Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
              FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
              FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRager View Post
                The outbursts of Maciulis are a real thing. Just remember how he shouted at poor Kalnietis some ~12 years ago after his mistake. But I guess it's tolerated. I assume Maciulis even apologizes after the game for it. It's just how he is. Nobody said anything bad about him. On the contrary, everyone is saying how Maciulis, Kalnietis and other veterans are responsible for building great atmosphere in the locker room.
                Took words out of my mouth. In the heat of the game such passionate and devoted player like Maciulis possibly can scream or say something. Chemistry is build in different ways. And I will take player who really want to win and sometimes emotions takes him over player like Kuzminskas, who is so calm and intelligent that can't even put his body on defense.

Comment

Yes it did look silly and it happened at the crucial moments of the game. So Eurelijus is finished because of that?
                  It's not about the question he is done or not, it's a question whenever it's justifiable. Such things can ruin the team, it's happens. There were plenty of Serbian teams who had inside problems, we also had some sparks during exhibition (f.e. Grigonis yelled at Kuz in the agme against Russia, but it wasn't absolute fustration, it was more like he wanted to make the point to Kuz, and still I think Grigonis overdid with emotions). Now tell me that Lukas is the guy who you can yell at him badly? Dude is a sensitive, introverted guy. Not to mention that Maciulis emotions were excessive no matter who would be the target. I disagree that these things are not important.

The thing is, that even if Maciulis had to say something generally, it was obvious it came from his frustration that he screwed up. Again, do you really have a precise moment of Saras yelling at teammate as Maciulis did tonight or here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvhNo7pWcF8 I don't remember that. Some yelling yes, but no direct and brutal take off

As for Maciulis, he is still decent. He is no good anymore, even though I will make decisions after WC. The point is that Lekavicius for this team is way more important and we badly need his aggression and scoring. Maciulis is pretty similar player to Ulanovas and the latter is better ATM and there's still Butkevicius. If there wouldn't be Lekavicius it would be a huge blow, if there wouldn't be Maciulis we barely would notice as simply Butkevicius play more. If Maciulis acts like a scumbag, I'm all for living without his now days contribution in next tournament.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Now tell me that Lukas is the guy who you can yell at him badly? Dude is a sensitive, introverted guy.
                    Are you serious? Lekavicius was coached by Jasikevicius. Read in our media about Jasikevicius methods. Some legionnaires said it took some time to get used to it. And somehow he was getting better under him. And now he will break because Maciulis shouted at him? That claim is laughable.
                    P.S. And yes Jasikevicius was screaming at his teammates even after his own mistakes - watch 2007 EC.
                    P.P.S. By the way - didn't you notice that Lekavicius started to play even better after Maciulis shouted at him?

Comment

• Haha, Lukas is sensitive, hahaha. YOU ARE SENSITIVE. Guy played under Sharas, spent two years in crazy Athens, he has grown some thick skin in this time, believe me. And he's showing that on the court. Did you see him play last two games? He doesn't fear anyone.
                      Kuzminskas, on the other hand, might be labeled as sensitive. But Lukas is mentally strong now, even if shy.

Comment

Are you serious? Lekavicius was coached by Jasikevicius. Read in our media about Jasikevicius methods. Some legionnaires said it took some time to get used to it. And somehow he was getting better under him. And now he will break because Maciulis shouted at him? That claim is laughable.
                        P.S. And yes Jasikevicius was screaming at his teammates even after his own mistakes - watch 2007 EC.
                        It's a coach you know You didn't notice? So you're saying Maciulis did a good job, let's keep it up? Anyway, I made my point.

Regarding NT performance, I'm surprised how most people take it as a good game. Canada looked weak as expected and we lacked precision and flow at offensive end, the same goes defensively, even if the effort was consistent.

I think we lack identity with the second unit. Kuzminskas is not involved, there's no sets for him. Seibutis is stopping the flow at O, Lekavicius should be much more expressed ball handler and facilitator. I understand Seibutis usage tonight, but I think we need Giedraitis at the second unit.

A win is a win, but we won't win, IMO, with such performance against top teams as Australia, France and those coming.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Great and important win, let's beat Australia now and win the first place.

Comment

• Well that went as expected for Canada. Not enough top end talent, size or depth to compete with Australia or even Lithuania. We'd need to bring far superior talent to make up for the lack of experience and cohesiveness. Cory Joseph looked like he missed the entire training camp (oh snap!) and at his best both he and Khem Birch are complementary role players, not the go to leaders on any top tier team. With them as our supposed best players we can expect wins over Asian, African and Americas teams but certainly not top tier European, Australia, USA caliber teams.

Oh..well moving on to set our sights on Senegal, Jordan and unfortunately Germany (how the heck did they lose to the DR?). We need to win all those games to be guaranteed a spot in the Olympic Qualifiers. One loss could do it - but that would put us on the edge.

Comment

• With respect to Jonas Mačiulis being out of line, Lithuania has the leadership in such players as Mantas Kalnietis, Paulius Jankūnas, Renaldas Seibutis and even respected youngster Jonas Valančiūnas to tell him so in the locker room.That's why every team needs a veteran component.

And with respect to Lukas Lekavičius being the shy sensitive sort, that may be so in public or even with girls/women. But he's now a seasoned pro so I suspect that he transforms into the sternest of stuff the moment he steps onto the floor. I mean look at the monsters he's gone up against each and every time Team Lietuva has played. You can't be a sensitive sort as a pro athlete. You have to have a whole bunch of a "Yeah, well f___ you, ___hole!" attitude the moment you step into a game.
                              Last edited by Hepcat; 09-03-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• So mainly all this discussion was about Maciulis screaming on Lekavicius? That's pathetic. I mean Straight Forward tends to call some members idiots and kids and to send them to some k.net meaning their pathetic level but himself has done even worse.

About the game: the one against Canada and the first one as well made me more positive before the game against Australia than before the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information