Group E: USA-TUR-CZE-JAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    You've high standards. Of course I meant against the teams like Czech and Japan, it's not like he will save us from top tiers teams like Spain or Serbia. If we make it to the QF, that would be more than enough for us, and even that is a low possibility since we need to eliminate Greece in the second round considering that there will be USA once again and Greece from the other group.
    We wont play USA twice if you think so. Yeah Greece will be a tough game for both sides and of course we have high expectations since we invest so much in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
      We wont play USA twice if you think so. Yeah Greece will be a tough game for both sides and of course we have high expectations since we invest so much in this sport.
      Comparing to Football, not really. Fenerbahçe is an exception, and GS / BJK don't even care about it and they are not investing enough.
      FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Comparing to Football, not really. Fenerbahçe is an exception, and GS / BJK don't even care about it anymore.
        I was not talking about buy foreigners Fenerbahce. I am more interested in real contribution to the turkish basketball. I am talking about raising and polishing turkish players and not support Serbian teams financially. So obviously our way of thinking couldnt be more different.

And its really a waste of time trying to explain me turkish Basketball. 70% of my life consumes basketball since more than 20 years.

Comment

Koksal has to play here, he is the talisman. Otherwise, everything that can will go wrong for the Turks...

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
            Koksal has to play here, he is the talisman. Otherwise, everything that can will go wrong for the Turks...
            Göksenin is a one-dimensional player, and even his defense isn't that good. Balbay can do whatever he can do and more at the offense.
            FENERBAHÇE
            --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
            --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

Göksenin is a one-dimensional player, and even his defense isn't that good. Balbay can do whatever he can do and more at the offense.
              Again, he is not a talisman. Koksal is. You don't play him, bad things will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                Again, he is not a talisman. Koksal is. You don't play him, bad things will happen.
                Stop trolling him hahahahahahahahah

Comment

Just 14 days before the FIBA World Cup tips off in China, Eurohoops sat down with Turkey NT and Philadelphia 76ers star Furkan Korkmaz for an all-inclusive interview.

Turkey plays in Group E in the First Round, where they face the Czech Republic, Japan and of course Team USA, a match-up for which Korkmaz spoke in detail.

– You chose to stay in the Philadelphia 76ers. What do you feel? What are your expectations from the new season?

Of course, people have expectations as much as I do, I know that. It’s time for me to really play. Already in Philadelphia, Butler’s departure convinced me to stay a little longer. Or there were a few more teams we talked to during the transfer, but Philadelphia was a little more prominent. That’s why I’m staying.

– They gave you a two-year contract, which shows their confidence in you. How do you feel about that? A long-term contract …

Philadelphia was a team that already knew me. If they called me after the season and told me that they wanted to see me on the team, I must have said that I had left good marks. So it was important that they wanted to see me on the team for me. We play almost semi-finals every year. I’ve been there for two years, and we’ve played semi-finals every year at our own conference. The important thing here is to keep that success and move it a little further.

- In fact, a door was opened at the Eastern Conference with the departure of Kawhi Leonard. They eliminated you from the last ball last year. What do you think we’re likely to see in the NBA finals this year?

I think we can actually play every year. In the last three seasons, there is a core team, though from outgoing. Maybe JJ Redick’s leaving this year might change the balance, but I’m not too desperate. I think we can play the final. We lost a single ball last year. That’s part of basketball.

– You will represent your country with your national team at one of the highest points possible. What do you think about it and how does it feel to wear the national team uniform? From a young age, you always took part in the national team whenever you called.

Every summer we come here with different excitement. Believe me, we talk about when the camp will start and when we will gather each time we come. Especially when the United States is becoming even more longing of Turkey. Because when you go, you can’t come for 7-8 months, you miss the people here. Similarly, you miss national feelings. Because playing on the club team is different. I played at the club here. Playing in the national team is a completely different feeling.

– Turkey goes to China with a team as experienced as young and accustomed to playing together. Do you think that’s your biggest advantage over there? Does the team have other advantages?

Of course, it’s an advantage, but an advantage if we use it well. There’s a team that’s been playing together since infrastructure. The average age of this team is maybe 21-22-23 … Playing together in that infrastructure will provide us success. Maybe this summer, maybe two years, but it’il help.

– Turkey is in the same group as the US and they come with staff below their level. There are many shortcomings. What do you think of that match? The world’s eye will be on that game.

Wherever you look, ultimately the US comes as the US. Three or five All-Star hasn’t arrived or it doesn’t matter much. After all, those who came are not too inferior to them. Of course there is a difference in comparison, but I say that what we do is more important than the competitors there. I say the same for all teams.

– Finally, is there a realistic target for Turkey? Of course, you will go game to game but can you expect a performance near the medal goal or there?

I think it would be wrong for us to target. Of course, if we beat this game in our minds, there are some small points that we say we will reach this, but I think it is the healthiest for us to go to the match even though it is classic. Because even if we play badly, especially in the World Cup, we don’t have the luxury of winning a match. We have to go out every day and play really good basketball. We need to play the best basketball as well as the biggest challenge. Of course, this should not be limited to the first group. If we pass the first round, which I believe wholeheartedly, it makes more sense to set a target in the second group.
                  FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Please tell me that was machine-translated.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
                      Please tell me that was machine-translated.
                      Yep. Do you even have to ask

Comment

I hope you understand now that Cedi is not our first scoring option although he will get better when things get serious. Serbia is too strong in the paint as expected. We are forced to create in one vs one.

Comment

Nikola Jokic and Bogdan Bogdanovic led Serbia to a convincing performance against Turkey

Serbia held the lead throughout all forty minutes and recorded an 87-72 win over Turkey in the first game of the 29th Acropolis Tournament in Greece.

Nikola Jokic led the way with 18 points while also grabbing 11 rebounds for a double-double. Bogdan Bogdanovic banked 17 points in addition to Stefan Bircevic’s 13. Stefan Jovic dished game-high eight assists.

Serbia’s Dragan Milosavljevic spent around ten minutes on the floor before exiting the game due to an injury. He was able to walk on his own to the locker room and was soon after seen leaving the building with ice on his knees.

For Turkey, Furkan Korkmaz scored 16 points followed by Ersan Ilyasova’s 13 and Cedi Osman’s 12 points. Osman also logged eight boards and five assists.
                          FENERBAHÇE

Comment

FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Turkey dominated the last quarter and got the 72-70 win over Italy after a dog fight. Alessandro Gentile finished the game with 26 points but failed to score in the closing seconds and the Turkish national team prevailed.

Cedi Osman who scored the go-ahead three (70-68) and had 20 points in total was the leader of the winners. Ersan Ilyasova added 16 points and Furkan Korkmaz scored 12 and key buckets in the closing minutes.

Italy which is still missing Gigi Datome and Danilo Gallinari might have a valid argument for a foul on Gentile in the closing seconds. Daniel Hackett added 16 points in the best game of the Italians in the tournament. Still, they were beaten in all three games.

The partial score in the last quarter was 24-9 for Turkey and Italy couldn’t defend a 61-48 advantage after three periods of play.
                              FENERBAHÇE

Comment

FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information