Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 384

Thread: Group E: USA-TUR-CZE-JAP

  1. #21
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/...first-tune-up/
    Behind 17 points by Jayson Tatum and 14 by Kemba Walker, Team Blue beat Team White 97-78. It was the first public prep game of the team and De’Aaron Fox also justified the reports about being one of the standouts of the camp with 12 points.

    John Collins had 12 points and eight rebounds for the losing side. “It’s the beginning of a new tournament”, said coach Gregg Popovich after the game. “Another World Cup, in this case, the FIBA World Cup. I think our guys are making progress, having never played together before. They showed great effort, doing a good job in a lot of different ways, just trying to get used to each other and form a team. We’re still in the early stages of trying to get together and figure out how we want to play and learn about each other. Tonight was another step”.

    Meanwhile, the team announced that 17 players will ultimately fight for the 12 spots of the final roster. Those are 2016 Olympic gold medalist Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings); Marvin Bagley III (Sacramento Kings); Jaylen Brown (Boston Celtics); De’Aaron Fox (Sacramento Kings); Joe Harris (Brooklyn Nets); Kyle Kuzma (Los Angeles Lakers); Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks); Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors); Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks); Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz); 2014 World Cup gold medalist Mason Plumlee (Denver Nuggets); Marcus Smart (Boston Celtics); Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics); P.J. Tucker (Houston Rockets); Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers); Kemba Walker (Boston Celtics); and Derrick White (San Antonio Spurs).

    On the contrary, Thaddeus Young and Bam Adebayo had been cut from the senior roster.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish National Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

  2. #22
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/...n-preparation/

    Turkey beat Senegal 94-59 in their preparation game at Sinan Erdem Arena ahead of the FIBA World Cup 2019.

    Ersan Ilyasova paced the hosts with 16 points and five rebounds, while Furkan Korkmaz and Cedi Osman added 13 and 11 points respectively.

    On the other side of the court, Maurice NDour paced Senegal with a double-double of 14 points and 11 rebounds.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish National Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

  3. #23
    Senior Member Victorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,462
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Turkey starters look very solid and good. Based on their image, they play on level of top tier teams. But the team lacks depth. Once the starers are substituted, the level goes down. Not easily visible against teams such as Senegal though.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

  4. #24
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Turkey

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Turkey starters look very solid and good. Based on their image, they play on level of top tier teams. But the team lacks depth. Once the starers are substituted, the level goes down. Not easily visible against teams such as Senegal though.
    I agree, starter not bad at all.

    Wilbekin (Doğuş Balbay, Berk Uğurlu)
    Cedi Osman (Melih Mahmutoğlu, Yiğit Arslan, Buğrahan Tuncer)
    Furkan Korkmaz (Metecan Birsen)
    Ersan İlyasova (Berkan Durmaz)
    Sertaç Şanlı (Ege Arar, and Semih Erden if he is not injured)

    Sertaç is not a bad center / power forward, but this roster seriously needs a block threat like Semih Erden, his situation is still not clear due to his injury.
    Last edited by Tevfik1907; 08-13-2019 at 07:37 PM.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish National Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

  5. #25
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    https://www.sporx.com/12-dev-adam-ik...SXHBQ795697SXQ

    Metin Türen and Muhsin Yaşar are being removed from the team.

    14 players currently;

    A. Buğrahan Tuncer, Berk İbrahim Uğurlu, Berkan Durmaz, Cedi Osman, Doğuş Balbay, Ege Arar, Ersan İlyasova, Furkan Korkmaz, J. Metecan Birsen, Melih Mahmutoğlu, Scott Jordan Wilbekin, Semih Erden, Sertaç Şanlı, Yiğit Arslan
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish National Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    715
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post




    I agree, starter not bad at all.

    Wilbekin (Doğuş Balbay, Berk Uğurlu)
    Cedi Osman (Melih Mahmutoğlu, Yiğit Arslan, Buğrahan Tuncer)
    Furkan Korkmaz (Metecan Birsen)
    Ersan İlyasova (Berkan Durmaz)
    Sertaç Şanlı (Ege Arar, and Semih Erden if he is not injured)

    Sertaç is not a bad center / power forward, but this roster seriously needs a block threat like Semih Erden, his situation is still not clear due to his injury.
    First Sanli is utter trash and there is no danger about Erden. He will be in China.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Turkey 106 - 72 Jordan

    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish National Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

  8. #28
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    First Sanli is utter trash and there is no danger about Erden. He will be in China.
    ''Trash'' Şanlı was able to play in TBL Final, and even scored 10 pts against us iirc in the last game 7, and before that he wasn't bad in BJK as well.

    Semih is a very experienced center, this team needs someone like him, especially when we don't have an experienced center.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish National Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    715
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    ''Trash'' Şanlı was able to play in TBL Final, and even scored 10 pts against us iirc in the last game 7, and before that he wasn't bad in BJK as well.

    Semih is a very experienced center, this team needs someone like him, especially when we don't have an experienced center.
    Wow 10 points against Fener I am impressed.

    No to be serious its really embarrassing that such trashes like Sanli, Köksal, Batuk or even Mahmutoglu can wear the nt jersey although Mahmutoglu is sometimes useful. Especially Turkey who had traditionally very good Bigs and bad Guards is used to have different level center. I am not complaining about Erden he is always motivated in the national team but a Sanli who didnt play 5 serious games last season is not national team level player. He always comes late to help, he is a horrible defender, cant stop a guy without a foul, a very limited guy in the offense.

    Your right. He is good against Japan maybe but not if you want to beat lets say Lithuania. Our expectations are far too high for him. It just shows how limited we are in the center position.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Wow 10 points against Fener I am impressed.

    No to be serious its really embarrassing that such trashes like Sanli, Köksal, Batuk or even Mahmutoglu can wear the nt jersey although Mahmutoglu is sometimes useful. Especially Turkey who had traditionally very good Bigs and bad Guards is used to have different level center. I am not complaining about Erden he is always motivated in the national team but a Sanli who didnt play 5 serious games last season is not national team level player. He always comes late to help, he is a horrible defender, cant stop a guy without a foul, a very limited guy in the offense.

    Your right. He is good against Japan maybe but not if you want to beat lets say Lithuania. Our expectations are far too high for him. It just shows how limited we are in the center position.
    You've high standards. Of course I meant against the teams like Czech and Japan, it's not like he will save us from top tiers teams like Spain or Serbia. If we make it to the QF, that would be more than enough for us, and even that is a low possibility since we need to eliminate Greece in the second round considering that there will be USA once again and Greece from the other group.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish National Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    715
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    You've high standards. Of course I meant against the teams like Czech and Japan, it's not like he will save us from top tiers teams like Spain or Serbia. If we make it to the QF, that would be more than enough for us, and even that is a low possibility since we need to eliminate Greece in the second round considering that there will be USA once again and Greece from the other group.
    We wont play USA twice if you think so. Yeah Greece will be a tough game for both sides and of course we have high expectations since we invest so much in this sport.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    We wont play USA twice if you think so. Yeah Greece will be a tough game for both sides and of course we have high expectations since we invest so much in this sport.
    Comparing to Football, not really. Fenerbahçe is an exception, and GS / BJK don't even care about it and they are not investing enough.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish National Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    715
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Comparing to Football, not really. Fenerbahçe is an exception, and GS / BJK don't even care about it anymore.
    I was not talking about buy foreigners Fenerbahce. I am more interested in real contribution to the turkish basketball. I am talking about raising and polishing turkish players and not support Serbian teams financially. So obviously our way of thinking couldnt be more different.

    And its really a waste of time trying to explain me turkish Basketball. 70% of my life consumes basketball since more than 20 years.

  14. #34
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,486
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Koksal has to play here, he is the talisman. Otherwise, everything that can will go wrong for the Turks...

  15. #35
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Koksal has to play here, he is the talisman. Otherwise, everything that can will go wrong for the Turks...
    Göksenin is a one-dimensional player, and even his defense isn't that good. Balbay can do whatever he can do and more at the offense.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish National Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

  16. #36
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,486
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Göksenin is a one-dimensional player, and even his defense isn't that good. Balbay can do whatever he can do and more at the offense.
    Again, he is not a talisman. Koksal is. You don't play him, bad things will happen.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    715
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Again, he is not a talisman. Koksal is. You don't play him, bad things will happen.
    Stop trolling him hahahahahahahahah

  18. #38
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,195
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/intervi...turkeys-goals/
    Just 14 days before the FIBA World Cup tips off in China, Eurohoops sat down with Turkey NT and Philadelphia 76ers star Furkan Korkmaz for an all-inclusive interview.

    Turkey plays in Group E in the First Round, where they face the Czech Republic, Japan and of course Team USA, a match-up for which Korkmaz spoke in detail.

    – You chose to stay in the Philadelphia 76ers. What do you feel? What are your expectations from the new season?

    Of course, people have expectations as much as I do, I know that. It’s time for me to really play. Already in Philadelphia, Butler’s departure convinced me to stay a little longer. Or there were a few more teams we talked to during the transfer, but Philadelphia was a little more prominent. That’s why I’m staying.

    – They gave you a two-year contract, which shows their confidence in you. How do you feel about that? A long-term contract …

    Philadelphia was a team that already knew me. If they called me after the season and told me that they wanted to see me on the team, I must have said that I had left good marks. So it was important that they wanted to see me on the team for me. We play almost semi-finals every year. I’ve been there for two years, and we’ve played semi-finals every year at our own conference. The important thing here is to keep that success and move it a little further.

    - In fact, a door was opened at the Eastern Conference with the departure of Kawhi Leonard. They eliminated you from the last ball last year. What do you think we’re likely to see in the NBA finals this year?

    I think we can actually play every year. In the last three seasons, there is a core team, though from outgoing. Maybe JJ Redick’s leaving this year might change the balance, but I’m not too desperate. I think we can play the final. We lost a single ball last year. That’s part of basketball.

    – You will represent your country with your national team at one of the highest points possible. What do you think about it and how does it feel to wear the national team uniform? From a young age, you always took part in the national team whenever you called.

    Every summer we come here with different excitement. Believe me, we talk about when the camp will start and when we will gather each time we come. Especially when the United States is becoming even more longing of Turkey. Because when you go, you can’t come for 7-8 months, you miss the people here. Similarly, you miss national feelings. Because playing on the club team is different. I played at the club here. Playing in the national team is a completely different feeling.

    – Turkey goes to China with a team as experienced as young and accustomed to playing together. Do you think that’s your biggest advantage over there? Does the team have other advantages?

    Of course, it’s an advantage, but an advantage if we use it well. There’s a team that’s been playing together since infrastructure. The average age of this team is maybe 21-22-23 … Playing together in that infrastructure will provide us success. Maybe this summer, maybe two years, but it’il help.

    – Turkey is in the same group as the US and they come with staff below their level. There are many shortcomings. What do you think of that match? The world’s eye will be on that game.

    Wherever you look, ultimately the US comes as the US. Three or five All-Star hasn’t arrived or it doesn’t matter much. After all, those who came are not too inferior to them. Of course there is a difference in comparison, but I say that what we do is more important than the competitors there. I say the same for all teams.

    – Finally, is there a realistic target for Turkey? Of course, you will go game to game but can you expect a performance near the medal goal or there?

    I think it would be wrong for us to target. Of course, if we beat this game in our minds, there are some small points that we say we will reach this, but I think it is the healthiest for us to go to the match even though it is classic. Because even if we play badly, especially in the World Cup, we don’t have the luxury of winning a match. We have to go out every day and play really good basketball. We need to play the best basketball as well as the biggest challenge. Of course, this should not be limited to the first group. If we pass the first round, which I believe wholeheartedly, it makes more sense to set a target in the second group.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish National Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    541
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Please tell me that was machine-translated.

  20. #40
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,486
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    Please tell me that was machine-translated.
    Yep. Do you even have to ask

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •