City, Arena: Shanghai, Shanghai Oriental Sports Center
    Game day 3

USA - Japan
    20:30 GMT+08
    City, Arena: Shanghai, Shanghai Oriental Sports Center
    Game day 3
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish National Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

Jan Vesely will not play for the Czech Republic due to his injury.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/...due-to-injury/
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

No Vesely for CZE means this group is relatively easy to predict.

1. USA
    2. TUR
    3. JPN
    4. CZE

Now watch me be totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    No Vesely for CZE means this group is relatively easy to predict.

1. USA
    2. TUR
    3. JPN
    4. CZE

Now watch me be totally wrong.
    I don't know, USA is definitely a lock for number one, and if we lose to one of JPN or CZE pitchforks will be out
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Yeah it has been clear since 5 days or so. Now we will have to deal with Balvin and Satoransky. Balvin is huge but very slow and not comparable to Vesely who is a great rim protector. They have still good role Player like Auda, Bohacik etc but they should be beatable.

We played them in Hamburg in the VTG Supercup in Germany and beat them in the last quarter clearly. Its a team that we know.

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I don't know, USA is definitely a lock for number one, and if we lose to one of JPN or CZE pitchforks will be out
    This goes for any other team as well. We are 100 times better than a japanese team who even lost its primary ball handler and 20 times better than a czech especially without a jan vesely. Its better closing the bb subject in Turkey if you lose to them.

TUR is definitely a dark horse in this tournament. I would not be surprised at all if TUR qualifies to the QFs alongside the USA.

TUR is definitely a dark horse in this tournament. I would not be surprised at all if TUR qualifies to the QFs alongside the USA.
    This will require stellar performances from our NBA guys, and passable contribution from most of the other players in the rotation. Not impossible, but most of the secondary guys we have are inconsistent players.

Checking the groups again, it's hard to guess which teams will be in the second round from the other group. Greece has the most probability, but I can't bet for the second team.

By the way, if let's say USA beats all teams in the second round and other 3 teams beat each other and have 1-1 records what is the tiebreaker?
    Şampiyonluk gelince

By the way, if let's say USA beats all teams in the second round and other 3 teams beat each other and have 1-1 records what is the tiebreaker?
    I believe the tiebreaker is highest point differential among the three teams.

Right now even with the absences I see the US winning this group pretty easy, but it wouldn't shock me if we see that three way tie.

US
    Turkey
    Czech Republic
    Japan
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    I believe the tiebreaker is highest point differential among the three teams.

Right now even with the absences I see the US winning this group pretty easy, but it wouldn't shock me if we see that three way tie.

US
    Turkey
    Czech Republic
    Japan
    I think vivo was suggesting that there might be a 3-way tie in the second round between TUR and the two qualified teams from Group F.

I think vivo was suggesting that there might be a 3-way tie in the second round between TUR and the two qualified teams from Group F.
    Ah, my bad. Still same answer I believe, point differential between the three teams.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Its pretty clear that USA will posses the one quarter final spot and Turkey or Greece fight for the other spot. A chance for Montenegro to beat Greece and/or Turkey exists. Vucevic and Dublijevic can cause big problems for both teams since both teams are weak under the rim. Greece has Giannis though who can protect the rim well but Dub and Vuc are both very good shooter. Wont be easy for both teams.

NZ is without rolling big man Steven Adams not a threat and Brazil is also very weak.

Yes, exactly. I hate results decided by point differential but not many options in this format.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Yes, exactly. I hate results decided by point differential but not many options in this format.
    It will be W/L ratio among the teams in question, but since it will be equal in 3-way tie, it will be pts difference only between the teams in question

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/...n-over-france/

Turkey beat France 74 – 69 in a preparation game ahead of the 2019 World Cup that took place in Pau, France.

Cedi Osman scored 19 points and grabbed nine rebounds in 26:04 while Furkan Korkmaz posted 15 points in 23:24 for the Turkish national team that was without Scottie Wilbekin and Ersan Ilyasova who haven’t joined the “12 Giant Men” yet. Ufuk Sarica’s players shot 13/29 3-pointers and outscored their hosts 13-20 in the fourth quarter.

For France, Adrien Moerman notched 12 points in 13:21 and Evan Fournier had 10 points plus four rebounds in 27:02. “Les Bleus”, that were minus Nando De Colo, will face Tunisia Wednesday.

Melih Mahmutoğlu scored 10 pts as well.
    Last edited by Tevfik1907; 08-06-2019 at 12:01 AM.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/...mejri-tunisia/

After a win over France, Turkey also grabbed a 64-54 win against Tunisia a day later as the part of the national teams’ preparations for the World Cup.

Furkan Korkmaz led the way with 14 points and seven rebounds while Yigit Arslan added ten points.

For Tunisia, Salah Mejri logged game-high 19 points in addition to Mourad El Mabrouk’s ten points.

Turkey had a 23-14 lead after ten minutes but Tunisia won the uneffective second quarter 12-4 and trailed by just one point at halftime (27-26).

Although Tunisia managed to grab the lead, Turkey finished the third quarter with an 18-7 run going ahead in double-digits (53-41) and holding the distance until the very end.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/...losing-roster/

CJ McCollum was among the first players to decide on not joining Team USA for the 2019 FIBA World Cup in China. As he told Adrian Wojnarowski, he has wanted to focus on resting from a long season and injuries and participating would make his training schedule move things up too fast for his liking.

His decision wasn’t affected by Team USA roster as he was among the first to pull out but McCollum brought up an interesting point on what might have been on other players’ minds since the big number of absences raised questions on whether the squad will end up victorious in China:

“I think other guys looked at it like: ‘Why would I go and potentially be the face of a losing roster?’ Or the workload part. If we all play, the workload is less — 20-25 minutes, you get blowouts, you’re moving on. A lot of guys don’t play, your minutes might go up, your usage might go up, and that affects your summer as you go into March when that crash comes. January is where that crash comes before the All-Star break and then after the All-Star break, guys start to break down in March and April. Those extra miles and summertime hours… I’ve led the league in miles or close to it every year, I don’t want to run around in Australia or China and then come back and have to get ready for the season when I can be strategically planning my workload”, McCollum explained.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

I didn't see the game but it seems our offense is inconsistent even against Tunisia. Hopefully Wilbekin, Ersan and Semih will help in that regard.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

I didn't see the game but it seems our offense is inconsistent even against Tunisia. Hopefully Wilbekin, Ersan and Semih will help in that regard.
    What do you expect from Melih, Metecan and Metin Türen? Inconsistency is their second name and of course the three will help a lot. Beside our four weapons Wilbekin, Korkmaz, Ilyasova and Osman I trust Gecim as creator not as finisher, Yigit Arslan and Bugrahan Tuncer.

We are unfortunately fairly weak in the Center position but Ilyasova is easy strong enough to play as center and cedi as power forward. It will make us so fast that a great pace and space basketball with full court press is expectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    What do you expect from Melih, Metecan and Metin Türen? Inconsistency is their second name and of course the three will help a lot. Beside our four weapons Wilbekin, Korkmaz, Ilyasova and Osman I trust Gecim as creator not as finisher, Yigit Arslan and Bugrahan Tuncer.

We are unfortunately fairly weak in the Center position but Ilyasova is easy strong enough to play as center and cedi as power forward. It will make us so fast that a great pace and space basketball with full court press is expectable.
    Yes, I'm aware of it. In fact I have written that other than NBA players, out players are wildly inconsistent in offense on one of the threads in this subforum. Hopefully players to be added will help mitigate that.

Wilbekin - Yiğit - Furkan - Cedi - Ersan is a really nice lineup for pushing the tempo and increasing number of offenses, I would like to see it on court. You can replace Yiğit depending on the need and match-ups.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast