Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Group E: USA-TUR-CZE-JAP

I hope you understand now that Cedi is not our first scoring option although he will get better when things get serious. Serbia is too strong in the paint as expected. We are forced to create in one vs one.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/...a-rout-turkey/
    Serbia held the lead throughout all forty minutes and recorded an 87-72 win over Turkey in the first game of the 29th Acropolis Tournament in Greece.

Nikola Jokic led the way with 18 points while also grabbing 11 rebounds for a double-double. Bogdan Bogdanovic banked 17 points in addition to Stefan Bircevic’s 13. Stefan Jovic dished game-high eight assists.

Serbia’s Dragan Milosavljevic spent around ten minutes on the floor before exiting the game due to an injury. He was able to walk on his own to the locker room and was soon after seen leaving the building with ice on his knees.

For Turkey, Furkan Korkmaz scored 16 points followed by Ersan Ilyasova’s 13 and Cedi Osman’s 12 points. Osman also logged eight boards and five assists.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish National Cup ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish National League ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/...in-over-italy/
    Turkey dominated the last quarter and got the 72-70 win over Italy after a dog fight. Alessandro Gentile finished the game with 26 points but failed to score in the closing seconds and the Turkish national team prevailed.

Cedi Osman who scored the go-ahead three (70-68) and had 20 points in total was the leader of the winners. Ersan Ilyasova added 16 points and Furkan Korkmaz scored 12 and key buckets in the closing minutes.

Italy which is still missing Gigi Datome and Danilo Gallinari might have a valid argument for a foul on Gentile in the closing seconds. Daniel Hackett added 16 points in the best game of the Italians in the tournament. Still, they were beaten in all three games.

The partial score in the last quarter was 24-9 for Turkey and Italy couldn’t defend a 61-48 advantage after three periods of play.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

I would like to get excited for the win and play, but it is against a weaker team. At least Cedi seems to be able to hit some shots

It looks like Japan is tougher than we think.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/fibawc/...ocked-germany/
    Germany was defeated in Saitama, Japan, by the home team which prevailed 86-83 after finishing the game with a 9-0 run.

To be exact, the Germans entered the last two minutes leading 81-77, but couldn’t react against the hosts and Rui Hachimura who finished the game with 31 points. Yuta Watanabe added 20 for the winning side.

Germany made just 10 out of 39 threes in total, and Dennis Schroder had 16 points but also 6/21 FG.

It was the first prep defeat of the Germans after five wins on their way to the FIBA World Cup and of course a big morale boost for Japan which played in front of 18.000 home fans.

“It was a great atmosphere here, a full house, and we needed such a game, so close at the end,” said German coach Henrik Rold after the game. “You never want to lose, but now in preparation, so that’s ok. You can see clearly where things are good and where they can get better. We will get stronger, and I look forward to the next games”.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

Forget the Czech Republic in the first game but if I am Turkey in the second game after witnessing the US get beat how can that not give me confidence or hope that they can do the same. Australia has a few NBA players as does Turkey. Australia won despite shooting 7-27 from three. Why can’t Turkey shoot the lights out the US goes cold and they steal the game.
    Prior to the loss to Australia I think it’s just natural to view that scenario as a lot less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Forget the Czech Republic in the first game but if I am Turkey in the second game after witnessing the US get beat how can that not give me confidence or hope that they can do the same. Australia has a few NBA players as does Turkey. Australia won despite shooting 7-27 from three. Why can’t Turkey shoot the lights out the US goes cold and they steal the game.
    Prior to the loss to Australia I think it’s just natural to view that scenario as a lot less likely.
    Nah, Australia is at another level and you know it. Very physical team, plenty of players who can facilitate, basically from 1-5, paying sort of an NCAA basketball where the ball constantly moving, cutters are being noticed, ect. Turkey is playing i bit more primitive bb, imo, they can make a surprise, but on a daily basis they are not on the level of Aussies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Nah, Australia is at another level and you know it. Very physical team, plenty of players who can facilitate, basically from 1-5, paying sort of an NCAA basketball where the ball constantly moving, cutters are being noticed, ect. Turkey is playing i bit more primitive bb, imo, they can make a surprise, but on a daily basis they are not on the level of Aussies.
    You just saw two unprepared and unmotivated playing turkish games. I dont say team turkey is a great team but what you saw is not even 50%. The question is how much more they can add in the remaining time.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    I am not saying it’s probable but it goes to my argument of how this loss helps most opponents and means something.
    Obviously it’s irrelevant to Japan and the Czech Republic. And at the same time more importantly i think it hurts a lot more than helps team USA. I think back to the final seconds 2010 exhibition win against Spain in Spain and the similar game in the preliminary round against Brazil. I think pulling those games out helped that young US team immensely as opposed to if they had lost them. Just psychologically speaking. This team is young as well and we don’t know how they will react.

I really doubt your observation that they are not even at 50%. I simply cannot see what or who (except Cedi who was horrible until now and is a really good player) is going to step up that much. From a tactical or organizational standpoint I consider Sarica's chosen team as one of the worst Turkish teams in the last decade. Physicality nope, rebounding nope, defense nope, liability in organizing offensive sets nope (that's why I really don't understand why Turks chose Wilbekin), comparing by positions with example Serbia and Lithuania every Turkish player is physically inferior to his opponents. There is scoring talent with Furkan, Scottie, Cedi and to some extent also Ersan but overall there must happen some mystical things for the Turks to end up in the quarterfinals. It will be a lot of isolations and a lot of 3 point shooting and in offense 1 in 4 out around the three point line.

I am not saying it’s probable but it goes to my argument of how this loss helps most opponents and means something.
    Obviously it’s irrelevant to Japan and the Czech Republic. And at the same time more importantly i think it hurts a lot more than helps team USA. I think back to the final seconds 2010 exhibition win against Spain in Spain and the similar game in the preliminary round against Brazil. I think pulling those games out helped that young US team immensely as opposed to if they had lost them. Just psychologically speaking. This team is young as well and we don’t know how they will react.
    Do it like the average americans and give a f*** about this tournament. Just kidding. This loss means nothing. Its an good all around team with no special player right now but still 9 of the 12 player are the best in this tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    I really doubt your observation that they are not even at 50%. I simply cannot see what or who (except Cedi who was horrible until now and is a really good player) is going to step up that much. From a tactical or organizational standpoint I consider Sarica's chosen team as one of the worst Turkish teams in the last decade. Physicality nope, rebounding nope, defense nope, liability in organizing offensive sets nope (that's why I really don't understand why Turks chose Wilbekin), comparing by positions with example Serbia and Lithuania every Turkish player is physically inferior to his opponents. There is scoring talent with Furkan, Scottie, Cedi and to some extent also Ersan but overall there must happen some mystical things for the Turks to end up in the quarterfinals. It will be a lot of isolations and a lot of 3 point shooting and in offense 1 in 4 out around the three point line.
    Well this is the question. To have a max is one thing, to reach that level is another one. You have an Erden who couldnt train for 3 weeks. He just looks not ready right now. You have two Wilbekins too. One is the eurocup mvp and the other one is the current one. Ilyasova played in akropolis with 2 days preparation. So the play style wont change much but there is much potential left especially if they can find a rhythm with success like 2006.

I cant say they will be great but it should be better. Akropolis is not the expectation of that team. It will be much of pace and space basketball with full court press partly and shooting yes.

While we lost to Venezuela ...

We are not consistent as well, both Turkey and USA are not consistent, but we are not even close to the top tier where USA, Serbia and Spain are.

I would say Australia, France, Lithuania and Greece are close to top tier. Not us.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 2017 EuroLeague ---

I honestly believe that Turkey is able to lose to Japan and Czechia... The team looks just scary bad.
    Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
    Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

I honestly believe that you guys take prep games too seriously. The loss to Venezuela was intentional not to face greece again and we are talking about Turkey let alone every country can beat the other one in this tournament.

I agree Venezuella lost made me believe it was just for not to face Greece again and have a good an easy win in the last game for some morale in the last prep game.

The thing I am questioning most is Wilbekin right now. Why didnt we also invite Dixon if Wilbekin was this bad currently. We could have also have someone like Sipahi in the back. It will be really hard to do well if Balbay is looking better than Wilbekin

We'll use. I have a different opinion

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast