East Asia Super League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
    Speaking of length possessed with skill set, in that video you can see how fluid mobile and skilled Watanabe is for a 6 9 player
    He moves so fluidly for a 6'9 player. Even Baba. He moves like a sub 6 foot player. He doesn't look awkward when handling the ball

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
      He moves so fluidly for a 6'9 player. Even Baba. He moves like a sub 6 foot player. He doesn't look awkward when handling the ball
      And he's a very willing passer and good shooter. Can finish at the rim at high speed.
      Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
        Is he really 6'6 though? His frame is misleading. He's as tall as Kobe?
        6’4 but he’s like a combo guard

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
          If that clip is the basis, I don't really get it how you arrived at "more athletic than parks". I'd say he's got some quickness but athleticism is at best, average.

Having watched Baba for a while now I’d say Baba is more explosive. Bobby just isn’t as quick as Baba and is more ground based, like Baba glides through the air which allows him to finish really well with contact and with control in the air. I haven’t really seen that from Parks. Baba just looks average if you compare him to say an nba superstar like russel Westbrook but he’s way above average, honestly he’s not super creative with his dunks always that one hand punch but he’s actually very athletic. Quick first step. Honestly sometimes asians get underestimated for athleticism but I mean Jeremy Lin was actually really athletic (ranked second only to John wall in the combine when it came to speed)

Comment

• There is something in common with the 3 NBA Japanese players, which gives us an idea of what it takes to make the NBA, and that really is the importance of having an NBA body (combine measurements), contrary to what some have been suggesting the importance of having the right agent, connections isn't nearly as important. (You will get some interest even if your not connected). The biggest thing really is having the right body for NBA teams to develop.
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

So, the basis really wasn't the clip that was posted. If that was it, I'd really disagree. I cN even say abando is far more athletic, Tyler lamb is far more athletic
              I’d say he’s more athletic than Abando, haven’t watched enough of Tyler lamb to really say

Comment

But that's not solely based on that clip, right? If that's it, no, but he's more skilled
                Not based on those clips but if there was a player I’d compare locally athletically to Yudai baba it’d be Renz Palma. Difference through palma is 6’1 and apparently a “rim protector” as described on his draft day for some reason. If was a point guard...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                  Not based on those clips but if there was a player I’d compare locally athletically to Yudai baba it’d be Renz Palma. Difference through palma is 6’1 and apparently a “rim protector” as described on his draft day for some reason. If was a point guard...

I liked his game back in UE. If he could shift to a point guard he would be a good PBA All Star. Where is he now? Last I heard of him he got caught playing ligang labas.

Comment

• tale of two Renz'

Originally posted by astigram04
                    So, the basis really wasn't the clip that was posted. If that was it, I'd really disagree. I cN even say abando is far more athletic, Tyler lamb is far more athletic
                    the more reason we should train Abando overseas and improve his point guard skills, so he'll become a good combo guard.Just imagine Abando having very good handles like Jamal Crawford.That's one athletic Jamal Crawford for the Philippines. Same thing with that PBA guy and Abando's katokayo, Renz Palma.Both of them needs to have to acquire very good to excellent ball handling skills.I can see Palma as a poor man's Lou Williams.
                    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                      the more reason we should train Abando overseas and improve his point guard skills, so he'll become a good combo guard.Just imagine Abando having very good handles like Jamal Crawford.That's one athletic Jamal Crawford for the Philippines. Same thing with that PBA guy and Abando's katokayo, Renz Palma.Both of them needs to have to acquire very good to excellent ball handling skills.I can see Palma as a poor man's Lou Williams.
                      Actually easy for our 6’ 2” —6’ 5” guys to do, our genetics allow for the coordination needed. Minsan, lack of effort na rin on players’ part, minsan wrong priorities and focus in training, and ultimately the lack of avenue/opportunities to get reps. Look at Tungcab. If he continues at this rate he’d be a serviceable guard, esp because he’s athletic and moves well laterally.
                      Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Guangsha's no.5 Hahaha

Comment

• Sayang wala si fajardo, curious to see how he gonna perform internationaly with SMB system...
                          Last edited by GoPilipinas; 09-21-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Stephenson outclassing Wells.

Comment

• Liaoning players' length is bothering SMB. So much for Des Wells. Coach of China knows his basketball. At this point, SMB has no answer to match zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
                                Stephenson outclassing Wells.
                                Kinda expected. So much hype for wells. Pretty much describes Philippine insular basketball perspective. We think we're the best, just to be shocked when pit vs eesl quality opposition. I hope smb plays better in second half. Kots Leo still has aces on his sleeves.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information