No announcement yet.

East Asia Super League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is an alarming trend that we keep on sending teams just to participate. Why did we bother even joining in the first place if winning isn't the goal?

Comment

• meralco was competitive last champs cup despite lemon stone... smb used its bench al.ost beat full zhejiang team...all teams here use this a s tune up tournaments with a good bounty. liaoning sat out their stars
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
        This is an alarming trend that we keep on sending teams just to participate. Why did we bother even joining in the first place if winning isn't the goal?
        Tune-up games for them lol.
        Bongga ng tune-up games nila, against foreign teams pa.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
          meralco was competitive last champs cup despite lemon stone... smb used its bench al.ost beat full zhejiang team...all teams here use this a s tune up tournaments with a good bounty. liaoning sat out their stars
          I still want to beat those Chinese teams. What makes it worse for me is that they didn't even go 100% themselves and still routed us. Are we really that bad?

Comment

I still want to beat those Chinese teams. What makes it worse for me is that they didn't even go 100% themselves and still routed us. Are we really that bad?
            Well we didn’t go 100% either. And they have more money for better imports.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
              And were the ones who got routed. This is after SMB announced that will reclaim our "lost honor" at the WC by winning this tourney. Why did we bother hiring 2 imports if winning wasn't the goal?

Comment

And were the ones who got routed. This is after SMB announced that will reclaim our "lost honor" at the WC by winning this tourney. Why did we bother hiring 2 imports if winning wasn't the goal?
                Clearly that was a lie. From the games I’ve watched most teams didn’t go 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                  Wells actually did more harm than good. He killed the team's ball movement. That SMB team that beat TNT in the finals plus a healthy lassiter wouldve beaten that liaoning team. Arwind, except for some great blocks, was another big reason why this SMB Team sucked. How does a team break the zone when you brick threes like that.
                  Arwind's hangin & angas was nowhere to be found in Macau. Which gives me the impression, magaling lang sya sa PBA, outside of the PBA he is no more than a scrub.
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

no we almost beat their two chinese national teams with a week prep heheh..and no blatche..
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                      Arwind's hangin & angas was nowhere to be found in Macau. Which gives me the impression, magaling lang sya sa PBA, outside of the PBA he is no more than a scrub.
                      Arwind is no 3. He is an undersized 4. The problem SMB had with imports was not only did they need to get somebody who could play with JF but somebody who could play with Arwind. Basically somebody who can handle the ball on offense but guard the opposing PF on defense. They are exposed with Lassiter injured as they don't have any other decent 3 guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                        cue solid 'All-is-well' Pinoy priders telling us that Arwind was a bright spot in Yeng's 2007 FIBA Asia team...
                        “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                        -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                          Agree, Liaoning's two imports are way way better than SMB's imports. But SMB have many FIBA ineligible players in this tournament(Hermoso, Ross, etcs..)..

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                            That pretty much sums of his career. He's one of those who will dominate inferior competion but can't elevate his game to the next level. (glad bollick and perez aren't like that). But also, he's already past his prime. Baka bukas nasa columbian dyip na yan
                            Just like James Yap..

Comment

• EASL wants to make it a home and away tournament. They really want it to be like the euroleague.

Comment

• I watched SMB's last game, boy, Kelly Nabong can shoot treys! Sorry I don't follow PBA, but looking at his plays, he can also defend well. Why is he not even mentioned here in IBN as a Gilas prospect?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information