East Asia Super League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robert0326
    That's good schedule.. Unlike Gilas, These PBA teams no longer need longer preparation because they already have that, They already have chemistry already..
    They just need to incorporate the second import. Shame the PBA only allows one import in the import conferences.

Comment

• i heard teams could have 2 World imports and an Asian import,do they count a naturalized player to be an Asian import? If thats the case,maybe TNT could get Blatche plus two other imports,that's going to be a scary team let's say, for example, TNT+Blatche+Terrence Jones+KJ McDaniels.Or maybe, they could directly get ABL Asian imports. Hamed Heddadi or Nikka Bahrami might be fair game as well,same as some Aussie or Kiwi or even players from Guam like Curtis Washington or Jordan's 6'11 Center,Ahmad Al Dwairi.

Last edited by Alex07; 12-31-2020, 03:48 AM.
      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

On Ginebra, They can put Brownlee - Balkman connection.. That's OK already for Ginebra.. While TNT can pick KJ and either TJ or Kouame.. biggest question is naturalized will classified as locals also?
        The EASL respects the classification of domestic leagues. For instance, if the PBA allows naturalized players to play as locals, then the EASL will also follow that.

Comment

• you can see how PBA is foreign to have 2 imports and 1 asian players. they’re not use to it.. it shows the tactical immaturity..
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
            you can see how PBA is foreign to have 2 imports and 1 asian players. they’re not use to it.. it shows the tactical immaturity..
            Yeah. For PBA teams to be competitive in the EASL, especially those with EASL aspirations, they need to make at least a conference with two world imports and one Asian. Change the format of the import conferences at least.

In my opinion, the All-Filipino should be either scrapped or at least should not be concurrent with the EASL season.

Comment

you can see how PBA is foreign to have 2 imports and 1 asian players. they’re not use to it.. it shows the tactical immaturity..
              i think it is not more on tactical immaturity, it is more on pba giving more job to pinoys or to those who say they are pinoys. just like how bcap uses the ruling if a local can do the job, the local should be prioritized. pba should have at least 4 more teams to not allow smc and mvp hoarding best players then letting them rot in their teams. on mikee reyes vlog, poy and justin says in matter of fact if the imports are bigs, they will simply ride the bench. expanding more teams may be a balancing move that pba must take

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                The EASL respects the classification of domestic leagues. For instance, if the PBA allows naturalized players to play as locals, then the EASL will also follow that.
                then the PBA should get a foreign Asian import instead.Al-Dwairi is my best bet or Iran's Geramipour if they want to have an extra big.Those guys would take probably a lower pay than the Aussies or Kiwis. The CBA were more superior having far superior imports than the Philippines, so the import selection might be very tricky. A very good 7 foot center along with a tried and tested 6'6 import might be the way to go. The roster may look like this for TNT:

Centers: Rostampour 7", Import (6'10 or taller)

P.Forwards: Erram 6'8, Rosario 6'7, Washington 6'7

S.Forwards: McDaniels 6'7, Semerad 6'4, De Leon 6'4

S.Guards: Parks 6'4, Pogoy 6'2,Reyes 6'2

P.Guards: Castro 5'9 (injured), Enciso 6",Chauaca 5'8

Guys who are currently free agents in the NBA might be the best option if the salaries would be upon(of course) by the PBA team and the player. Guys like 6'10 Noah Vonleh and 6'11 Skal Labissiere are currently in the free agency.If they are still available come the Tournament.There are also more known veteran players in the free agency like Tyson Chandler and Neńe. This is of course if they want to win against CBA teams.

Last edited by Alex07; 12-31-2020, 06:13 AM.
                "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

I would rather put Sani Sakakini as Asian import for them.. They need to have a better player at 4 spot, Troy can't handle that in many minutes.. He's better back up on Sani...
                  Asian import at the center spot, with a G league caliber 6'10(at least) at the center/forward spot heck even McDaniels can play 4. The Asian import and the other big may play together at the same time and can also be alternates.My suggestion is either Roustampour or Al Dwairi, both have played in Europe and had pretty good showing in the World Cup and both are at least 6'11.

Roustampour 7"
                  T. Jones 6'10
                  McDaniels 6'7
                  Parks 6'4
                  Enciso 6"

With enough practice together,that's a very tough Asian team to beat if you'll ask me.

Comment

Yeah. For PBA teams to be competitive in the EASL, especially those with EASL aspirations, they need to make at least a conference with two world imports and one Asian. Change the format of the import conferences at least.

In my opinion, the All-Filipino should be either scrapped or at least should not be concurrent with the EASL season.
                    For me, PBA should just merge the 2 reinforced conferences and then establish it as the official domestic regular season running from an October-to-July fiscal season. The Philippine Cup should be converted to a shorter, 20-team all-local Invitational Cup, which like EASL will be staged in windows.

Comment

Put Pogoy rather than Enciso, Parks can play PG..
                      Pwede

Comment

Tell than to Korea and China who only allow one import at a time. Look at Japan with so much imports, their centers or PF are non factors. We lost more to Korea than Japan. We even have hard time beating Korea than China. Korea has beaten NZ 2 out of 3 times since 2017. All of their wins without Ratliff. Where is the tactical immaturity in that. East Asia has different factors than other nation because of our physical attributes.
                        Last edited by zairex; 01-02-2021, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• So, the PBA votes on whether or not to send Ginebra and TNT to the EASL. Hopefully, both will go to the EASL.

Comment

So, the PBA votes on whether or not to send Ginebra and TNT to the EASL. Hopefully, both will go to the EASL.

If their reason is the COVID-19 2nd variant threat, that's understandable.

Comment

So, the PBA votes on whether or not to send Ginebra and TNT to the EASL. Hopefully, both will go to the EASL.

The idea of the PBA joining the EASL is attractive to the PBA players, even those of the top 2 finishers. Hopefully, that can help convince the board to vote in favor of the two teams joining the toutnament.

Comment

• Correction on my first post which I edited. The most likelt representatives for the PBA are TNT and Ginebra for the October 2020 edition.

I prefer SMB, just want to see Junemar in this type of competition which I think he can dominate or be effective.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information