Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: East Asia Super League’s The Terrific 12 September 17-22 2019

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    SMB vs this team is definitely the game to watch. If Katropa with the scrubs playing can keep it close against this team, I hope SMB takes it seriously.
    TNT i think its disrespecting basketball Gods by playing those scrubs ....Imagine Golla, Magat, Visotros and De Leon playing in the 4th...TNT is treating this just as glorified tuneup game....Nasaan ang Pilipino pride....This is international game, they shoupd have played to win

Terrence Jones was really important in bringing tnt to the finals, Rosario is an important piece because of his size rebounding and shooting but Terrence has the bigger impact, SMB missing guys in Junmar and cabagnot is say are more significant especially Junmar since he’s the main focal point of the team usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ador Cruzado View Post
    San Miguel also missing players though
    Liaoning without Guo Ai Lun and Han De Jun. Seems like the team with the best imports will be notable in this tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCharger View Post
    Liaoning without Guo Ai Lun and Han De Jun. Seems like the team with the best imports will be notable in this tournament.
    it’s pretty understandable for TNT to give exposure to some bench players.. same with other teams as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    it’s pretty understandable for TNT to give exposure to some bench players.. same with other teams as well..
    Would this tournament be a good gauge then of where the pba stands in Asia? Lots of teams not fielding 100%

Not bad for tnt.

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    TNT i think its disrespecting basketball Gods by playing those scrubs ....Imagine Golla, Magat, Visotros and De Leon playing in the 4th...TNT is treating this just as glorified tuneup game....Nasaan ang Pilipino pride....This is international game, they shoupd have played to win
    they tried naman but the shots are not falling in the 4th.. dickel just giving some exposure to some bench players na he seldom use to familiarise his system further..

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    As Sergio Scariolo of Spain said, winning feeds ability to keep winning. If they arentreating this as glorified tune up, they shouldn't have bothered. They are carrying PBA and Philippines also.

addition by subtraction imo..its just we want to see junmar for sentimental matchup with mejri
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Just goes to show how deep SMB is. They are missing JMF, Lassitier , Cabagnot and Nabong but still won convincingly. They are way ahead in the PBA arms race while MVP teams for all their influence and deep pockets have been mediocre for quite some time now.

i think they are doing this for sake of being in Macau.. obvious that tnt covered some spread
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

they tried naman but the shots are not falling in the 4th.. dickel just giving some exposure to some bench players na he seldom use to familiarise his system further..
    It's his team and prerogative. But losing fosters a loser's culture. There are tune up games in Manila where he can do that. Not in international tournament.

It's his team and prerogative. But losing fosters a loser's culture. There are tune up games in Manila where he can do that. Not in international tournament.
    can you say the same with other teams that are playing in this tournament? most of them are using this as “tune up tournament” for their respective leagues..

can you say the same with other teams that are playing in this tournament? most of them are using this as “tune up tournament” for their respective leagues..
    I can't. I have not much interest on what other teams do. I cheer fot tnt though in PBA.

Tournamenta are supposed to be won. The way tnt played tonight, that is barely tnt. There is also only one import in Gov Cup. So not sure what objective were met here.

Burn for Vosotros and Cansino, de Leon? Ok.

Lets hope Cabagnot and JMF are well next game,

I can't. I have not much interest on what other teams do. I cheer fot tnt though in PBA.

Tournamenta are supposed to be won. The way tnt played tonight, that is barely tnt. There is also only one import in Gov Cup. So not sure what objective were met here.

Burn for Vosotros and Cansino, de Leon? Ok.
    given tournaments supposed to be won but you need to give guys exposure too.. they need to familiarise the new guys to dickel system.. and it’s not the tournaments fault that they allowed each team to parade 2 imports each.. and smb, BW, TNT parade 2 imports each..

same with other clubs that are participating in the tournament..

given tournaments supposed to be won but you need to give guys exposure too.. they need to familiarise the new guys to dickel system.. and it’s not the tournaments fault that they allowed each team to parade 2 imports each.. and smb, BW, TNT parade 2 imports each..

same with other clubs that are participating in the tournament..
    Your argument is neither here nor there relative to my point. But I respect your view and leave it at that.

Your argument is neither here nor there relative to my point. But I respect your view and leave it at that.
    nah.. you just miss my point.. for sure you’ve been following basketball for a long time, this kind of approach has been practiced by a lot of teams during off season

nah.. you just miss my point.. for sure you’ve been following basketball for a long time, this kind of approach has been practiced by a lot of teams during off season
    I understand what you're saying. And within your point, this particular game, particular glorified tune up did not achieve anything.

1. Familiarize system? By playing 2 imports when the pba tournament only requires 1.

2. I get it that this is a tune up tournament for them. For that purpose just stay in Manila.

As I said, the only positive I am seeing here is that Vosotros and De Leon, Cansino got minutes to burn. Expensive expenditure for scrubs.

Romeo was good. We really missed his services last WC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast